People be very careful this virus is not done yet

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Washington Post Editorial Board Warns Pandemic Is Far From Over
"The arrival of subvariant BA.5 should be a reminder that the finish line in this race is nowhere to be seen."
https://www.huffpost.com/author/josie-harvey
By
Josephine Harvey
Jul 8, 2022, 08:26 AM EDT

The Washington Post’s editorial board has warned that the “worst virus variant just arrived” and the COVID-19 pandemic is far from finished.

“The coronavirus is speeding up once again, mutating, evading immunity and still on the march,” the newspaper warned in an editorial published Thursday. “The arrival of subvariant BA.5 should be a reminder that the finish line in this race is nowhere to be seen.”

BA.5 is the latest subvariant of omicron, the coronavirus variant that caused a huge wave of infection around the world this past fall and winter.

The Post cited Eric Topol, a professor of molecular medicine at Scripps Research, who said the latest subvariant is “the worst version of the virus that we’ve seen.”

“It takes immune escape, already extensive, to the next level, and, as a function of that, enhanced transmissibility,” he wrote.

As the virus has evolved, it has improved its ability to transmit, grow and evade the body’s immune system, Topol said. The subvariants BA.4 and BA.5 are reportedly “the most immune-evasive variants” seen in multiple studies to date.

It’s not clear yet whether the new variant will lead to more serious illness. But, as it spreads, the Post urged mitigation measures like wearing face masks, better air ventilation and avoiding crowded indoor places.

And going forward, it raises the question scientists are still working to answer: will new vaccine boosters need to target the new variants?

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
my daughter who is fully vaccinated and boosted got caught slippin

she thought it was all sweet and went to a concert unmasked and boom

got the covid again.

she said she sick like the first time she got it but this time she didn't loose her smell or taste

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

@easy_b

WTF???!!

So the team doesn't care cause they tanking?

And the players would get the shot OF THEY WERE TRADED TO BETTER TEAM????

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Here in Texas the shit exploded like wild fire. A lot of my most careful friend caught it for the first time here
My company has a suite at Mercedes Benz stadium. Last week, my coworkers went to an Atlanta United match, I was going to go, but something came up. Two days later, 3 of them tested positive.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Here in Texas the shit exploded like wild fire. A lot of my most careful friend caught it for the first time here
caught it last week of june. shit was not fun
My company has a suite at Mercedes Benz stadium. Last week, my coworkers went to an Atlanta United match, I was going to go, but something came up. Two days later, 3 of them tested positive.

The other day, crossing the street with my kids for the Uber leaving a specialty pharmacy for the baby. Some psycho shit bird started yelling like crazy from his truck how he hoped the baby f'ing dies not fit to live we work for the devil just pure gross venom because she was wearing a doc mcstuffins mask - I lost it.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
The other day, crossing the street with my kids for the Uber leaving a specialty pharmacy for the baby. Some psycho shit bird started yelling like crazy from his truck how he hoped the baby f'ing dies not fit to live we work for the devil just pure gross venom because she was wearing a doc mcstuffins mask - I lost it.

I know the fucker was white. :angry: (if im wrong I'll be shocked) They are fucking beyond evil. He doesn't know their health status, or their families to assume you are just some bad parent. I'd put a bullet in his skull if I could get away with it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I know the fucker was white. :angry: (if im wrong I'll be shocked) They are fucking beyond evil. He doesn't know their health status, or their families to assume you are just some bad parent. I'd put a bullet in his skull if I could get away with it.

Nope.

Black. Could have been my cousin.

And he said NOTHING to the masked white folk that crossed ahead of us. I even had hospital bag with a big logo on it too.

This kid about to have 2 surgeries in a few days not that I need a reason but that's why we extra extra right now.

Cursed my girls so much people came out the pharmacy and resturant.

I had to be held back cause my dumb ass dragging this poor baby forgetting she holding on to me the oldest in tears begging me to stop.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Nope.

Black. Could have been my cousin.

And he said NOTHING to the masked white folk that crossed ahead of us. I even had hospital bag with a big logo on it too.

This kid about to have 2 surgeries in a few days not that I need a reason but that's why we extra extra right now.

Cursed my girls so much people came out the pharmacy and resturant.

I had to be held back cause my dumb ass dragging this poor baby forgetting she holding on to me the oldest in tears begging me to stop.

I stand corrected. May this coon have die slowly

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I stand corrected. May this coon have die slowly

You know what though?

That part actually what made me lose my sh*t it was black man doing this. Holding up traffic. Cursing like a drunk bitchass to little black kids about a mask. And I started thinking about dudes on here later on.

I was walking into traffic to get that man.

Sidebar. WRONGLY by the way. What I did was beyond stupid and selfish. I hurt the baby arm cause she had just came from the blood lab. My oldest for the first time in her entire life said she was disappointed in me.

That sh*t crushed my soul bro. Crushed.

I really suggest that no one talks no anti vaxx conspiracy sh*t in my vicinity no time soon. It won't end well.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
You know what though?

That part actually what made me lose my sh*t it was black man doing this. Holding up traffic. Cursing like a drunk bitchass to little black kids about a mask. And I started thinking about dudes on here later on.

I was walking into traffic to get that man.

Sidebar. WRONGLY by the way. What I did was beyond stupid and selfish. I hurt the baby arm cause she had just came from the blood lab. My oldest for the first time in her entire life said she was disappointed in me.

That sh*t crushed my soul bro. Crushed.

I really suggest that no one talks no anti vaxx conspiracy sh*t in my vicinity no time soon. It won't end well.

Bro. I pray for you and your family. You solid and don't deserve that nonsense

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Covid-19: Catching the virus in late pregnancy raises premature birth risk seven-fold

A study of more than 5000 pregnant women has found that testing positive for the coronavirus in the last three months of pregnancy may double the risk of a premature birth, rising to a seven-fold increased risk if infected after 34 weeks.

@easy_b

3 of my cousins have delivered in the past few months and it was crazy how they were not expected to deliver early and did.

after they caught the virus in the last trimester.