People be very careful this virus is not done yet

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
We heading for another lockdown and if y'all have family members that aren't vaxxed you should worry about them.

If I told you how many emails I've gotten from my kids high school and middle school concerning Covid exposure.....man. Possible exposure on the bus, in the classroom on the track team. It's getting serious out here and if you're not vaxxed you might have problems.

^^^^

Yup

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
We heading for another lockdown and if y'all have family members that aren't vaxxed you should worry about them.

If I told you how many emails I've gotten from my kids high school and middle school concerning Covid exposure.....man. Possible exposure on the bus, in the classroom on the track team. It's getting serious out here and if you're not vaxxed you might have problems.

We aren't locking down and the numbers aren't going up.

Have you looked at the numbers from December and January compared to now?

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The unvaccinated don't care and will use the fact that they didn't personally die as "proof" that it isn't serious. :smh:

You can see the same pattern as the previous Omicron surge starting to emerge. The unvaccinated minority (blue line) will take up all of the beds and strain the hospitals etc. Amazing that those who know more than the doctors, don't trust modern medicine etc. somehow manage to fill up the hospitals whenever there is a surge. I am sure they will be here shortly to explain their remedies and cures...

Screen-Shot-2022-04-15-at-14-24-48.png

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered

:lol:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered

I hear what he's saying. But, there are so many problems with how the data is being captured that it creates misleading information.

I'm am 100% in involved with how COVID data is documented, shared, and analyzed. What the public does not know is that during the pandemic through just a couple months ago, the data regarding surges and deaths were extremely inaccurate due to the delay in data entry.

For example some hospitals would be so backed up with charting and COVID data submissions that they would at times be one to two weeks behind. This means that the case report dates would also be off by several days or weeks.

This is why most states now only report weekly COVID updates. Because this is more accurate.

To his other point regarding hospitalizations, according to information shared during a cdc call I was on a few months ago, the thought is that most people are not reporting positive results from home test kits. Coupled with, being more concerned with acute cases and deaths. Why? Because we now have accepted that covid will always be around. And hospitalizations are confirmed.

Basically, reporting hospitalizations is more accurate and more revealing than unsubstantiated covid case numbers.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
We aren't locking down and the numbers aren't going up.

Have you looked at the numbers from December and January compared to now?
I agree that there won't be lockdowns.

Don't matter if the numbers go up(they won't even report them like that). People are delusional if they think there will be lockdowns when they told these bitches telecommuting ain't good enough. Fuck part of the science being political is it that people don't get? There are mid-terms coming up.

Meanwhile, fools thinking they are super protected when every other place was giving boosters at 3 months(even the fucking Phillipines). But again, it's political science because no way will they risk telling people they needed that booster at 3 months.

christop

Rising Star
Registered
I think it really depends on how many people get hospitalized in regards to lockdowns but I think it's unlikely. If we got back to the 100k plus a day cases and the crazy hospitalization numbers we had at one point it could happen with no other choice imo but who knows. We are definitely seeing the start of a wave I think.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I think it really depends on how many people get hospitalized in regards to lockdowns but I think it's unlikely. If we got back to the 100k plus a day cases and the crazy hospitalization numbers we had at one point it could happen with no other choice imo but who knows. We are definitely seeing the start of a wave I think.
I was in Publix today And you should have seen how many white people didn’t have their mask on but all the people of color had on their mask.

christop

Rising Star
Registered
I was in Publix today And you should have seen how many white people didn’t have their mask on but all the people of color had on their mask.
Yeah I'm seeing it everywhere I wear my mask at work and anytime I'm in a public building. I only stay unmasked at home or outside. I just don't see the point in risking it. The mask can get a bit hot but it's really not that bad imo.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Yeah I'm seeing it everywhere I wear my mask at work and anytime I'm in a public building. I only stay unmasked at home or outside. I just don't see the point in risking it. The mask can get a bit hot but it's really not that bad imo.
Especially you see the bullshit that’s going on in China which I think is a bigger deal than what they are saying so this mask is staying on my face until further notice

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Yeah it just seems like an unnecessary risk and I believe people have a false sense of security.
This is what got a lot of people in trouble last year especially white people. We don’t know what Variant is causing China to lose their shit right now so I am being careful.

christop

Rising Star
Registered
This is what got a lot of people in trouble last year especially white people. We don’t know what Variant is causing China to lose their shit right now so I am being careful.
No doubt I also have to make sure I'm not putting my mother in danger. Although she's vaccinated she has an autoimmune disease.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I had errands to run at multiple stores this week, no one is wearing masks, even at the Walmart in a black neighborhood :smh:

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Interesting perspective.

We seamlessly move from COVID to Russia/Ukraine and COVID isn’t being talked about as much. Interestingly, I haven’t gotten an email from my kids school since the mask mandate has been removed. Furthermore, I’m seeing folks talk less and less about COVID.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Interesting perspective.

We seamlessly move from COVID to Russia/Ukraine and COVID isn’t being talked about as much. Interestingly, I haven’t gotten an email from my kids school since the mask mandate has been removed. Furthermore, I’m seeing folks talk less and less about COVID.

Wow really?

I've got 4 notices on outbreaks on campus at my kids school soon after masks were no longer mandated and heard similar stories from other schools

The head nurse actually called me to ask my opinion on the advisory board concerning continuing to send email updates about every single positive test

I told them I was torn.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Alex Cora, Boston Red Sox set to 'plan accordingly' without multiple unvaccinated players in Toronto

BOSTON -- Manager Alex Cora said the Boston Red Sox expect to be without multiple unvaccinated players for an upcoming series against the Toronto Blue Jays in Canada.

Starting pitcher Tanner Houck told the Boston Globe on Sunday that he is not vaccinated against COVID-19 and won't pitch during the four-game series beginning Monday, April 25. He would have been in line to start the second game.
To enter Canada, the Canadian government requires a person must have received a second COVID-19 vaccine dose -- or one dose of Johnson & Johnson -- at least 14 days prior to entry.

"I'm bummed that I won't be able to make that start," said Houck (1-0), who has been sharp in two starts this season, including a win over the Minnesota Twins on Saturday at Fenway Park.

Cora was asked after an 8-1 win over the Minnesota Twins on Sunday if he expected to be missing other players.

"Yeah," Cora said. He was not asked a follow-up question and then ended the press conference.

Asked earlier about Houck, Cora said: "We knew it beforehand, so we'll plan accordingly."

Players sidelined by COVID-19 vaccine issues are not paid and do not accrue major league service time while on the restricted list.
The Oakland Athletics placed catcher Austin Allen and left-handers A.J. Puk and Kirby Snead on the restricted list for their series in Toronto this weekend.

"I think it's a personal choice for everyone whether they get it or not," Houck told The Globe.

Major League Baseball is not alone in this issue with regards to travel to Canada. The NBA's Philadelphia 76ers will be without guard Matisse Thybulle when their Eastern Conference playoff series vs. the Toronto Raptors heads north for Games 3 and 4.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.