Pastor Frederick KC Price Passes From Covid

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
I remember Pastor Price from years ago. I had never heard a pastor or minister teach the bible. This cat was a first. He attempted to lead black folk from the belief that being poor and sick was Godly.

He was a role model for Christians and non bbelieves.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I remember Pastor Price from years ago. I had never heard a pastor or minister teach the bible. This cat was a first. He attempted to lead black folk from the belief that being poor and sick was Godly.

He was a role model for Christians and non bbelieves.

Sorry but I can't agree. Fred Price was just one one the many prosperity gospel preachers who as a result of his "teachings" the only one who prospered was him. When he first went on air he promised he would never pitch for money. Well that didn't last long because soon his telecasts started, continued in the middle, and ended with "send me money" pleas.

What bothered me most about him was his penchant for talking down to and publicly embarrassing congregants by making them stand up if they fell asleep or in his opinion were not paying attention to his sermons. Sorry about his passing as I would for just about anyone but I refuse to be hypocritical about my true feelings about him just because he died. :hmm:

Last edited:

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I remember him,he reminded me of the Serge in a Soldiers story in his looks.

Granny always wanting to send Peter Popoff money...hand me the letter Granny,take the money out,give it back to her so she could write a new one and add that same $10 back in it;On repeat.

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
Sorry but I can't agree. Fred Price was just one one the many prosperity gospel preachers who as a result of his "teachings" the only one who prospered was him. When he first went on air he promised he would never pitch for money. Well that didn't last long because soon his telecasts started, continued in the middle, and ended with "send me money" pleas.

What bothered me most about him was his penchant for talking down to and publicly embarrassing congregants if they fell asleep or in his opinion were not paying attention to his sermons. Sorry about his passing as I would for just about anyone but I refuse to be hypocritical about my true feelings about him just because he died. :hmm:

Yes I do remember him changing his stance on asking for money after the Baker and Swagger scandals. I definitely did not believe in the prosperity message. There was and is that part of me that wants to gloat because those type of teachers seem teach that all can get well by just believing. Yet his wife had cancer and now him with Covid.

Nevertheless there's positive things about him as well. None of us have been perfect. And 89 is a good long life.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes I do remember him changing his stance on asking for money after the Baker and Swagger scandals. I definitely did not believe in the prosperity message. There was and is that part of me that wants to gloat because those type of teachers seem teach that all can get well by just believing. Yet his wife had cancer and now him with Covid.

Nevertheless there's positive things about him as well. None of us have been perfect. And 89 is a good long life.

I agree with the caveat that the positive things about him would have been made manifest had he taught the true teachings of Christ rather than all you have to do is "name it and claim it and it'll be yours", but in the meantime send me money. :hmm:

Last edited:

El Diablo

Star
Registered
Why didn't Jesus protect him? After all the money he raised for Jesus you'd think Jesus woulda intervened. He intervened once for a nasty ass whore getting stoned but not for a guy who collected millions for him? Or for somebody. If you have two healthy functioning brain cells you should be able to clearly see that religion just doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I remember him,he reminded me of the Serge in a Soldiers story in his looks.

Granny always wanting to send Peter Popoff money...hand me the letter Granny,take the money out,give it back to her so she could write a new one and add that same $10 back in it;On repeat.
You stole from your granny trying to pay the lord her life surcharge?

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Why didn't Jesus protect him? After all the money he raised for Jesus you'd think Jesus woulda intervened. He intervened once for a nasty ass whore getting stoned but not for a guy who collected millions for him? Or for somebody. If you have two healthy functioning brain cells you should be able to clearly see that religion just doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
God didn’t even intervene for his only son.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
I went to a retreat that some of his members gave in Palm Springs, CA in 2004. That was when I really realized how much money was flowing through that church.

I remember one guy saying that he bought Dr. Price a new Rolls Royce and he didn't even have one.

That church was a major network for Black people who had major money. If you didn't have much dough, you couldn't really take advantage of what they were doing there. But if you had money, you could be in the "In Crowd" and your wealth could increase dramatically, because they kept the wealth flowing within a circle which was made up of the wealthy church members.

El Diablo

Star
Registered
I went to a retreat that some of his members gave in Palm Springs, CA in 2004. That was when I really realized how much money was flowing through that church.

I remember one guy saying that he bought Dr. Price a new Rolls Royce and he didn't even have one.

That church was a major network for Black people who had major money. If you didn't have much dough, you couldn't really take advantage of what they were doing there. But if you had money, you could be in the "In Crowd" and your wealth could increase dramatically, because they kept the wealth flowing within a circle which was made up of the wealthy church members.
If Jesus had actually ever existed, which I claim he didn't, but does any of that sound like something a Jesus figure would have endorsed??

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You stole from your granny trying to pay the lord her life surcharge?
I didn't keep the money I always gave it back to her so she could add it to the new letter someone else helped her write to Peter....

Lifes surcharge huh lol....my shit over due

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
If Jesus had actually ever existed, which I claim he didn't, but does any of that sound like something a Jesus figure would have endorsed??
I'm just telling you what I witnessed at the retreat. I'm not saying that I agreed or disagreed with any of it. It was an eye opener for me though.

It was an elitist event for who I'm going to call "The Black Bourgeoisie." I didn't attend the next year.

El Diablo

Star
Registered
I'm just telling you what I witnessed at the retreat. I'm not saying that I agreed or disagreed with any of it. It was an eye opener for me though.

It was an elitist event for who I'm going to call "The Black Bourgeoisie." I didn't attend the next year.
the closer you look behind the curtain of organized religion, you'll see many many more eye openers

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Used to watch early mornings when I worked weekends

He just seemed so honest earnest and forthright

I don't really support tv evangelists

But to me?

He was very sincere good man

Rest in peace

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
Used to watch early mornings when I worked weekends

He just seemed so honest earnest and forthright

I don't really support tv evangelists

But to me?

He was very sincere good man

Rest in peace

What intrigued me about him back in 1980 (yea I'm old) was that unlike all other black pastors and preachers, he wasn't doing a lot of showboating and shouting. He was actually teaching. At that time (I was young) I thought he was one of the smartest people in the world (HAH!).

While I don't agree with his Word of Faith theology, his series on Race, Religion and Racism was groundbreaking. I recommend it even if you're an nonbeliever (I personally am an atheist).

He changed the black church landscape and brought in a teaching style that is emulated by AR Bernard and even TD Jakes to some level.

Come on mods, make this a sticky for a couple of days. The dude deserves some special respect.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What intrigued me about him back in 1980 (yea I'm old) was that unlike all other black pastors and preachers, he wasn't doing a lot of showboating and shouting. He was actually teaching. At that time (I was young) I thought he was one of the smartest people in the world (HAH!).

While I don't agree with his Word of Faith theology, his series on Race, Religion and Racism was groundbreaking. I recommend it even if you're an nonbeliever (I personally am an atheist).

He changed the black church landscape and brought in a teaching style that is emulated by AR Bernard and even TD Jakes to some level.

Come on mods, make this a sticky for a couple of days. The dude deserves some special respect.

I will definitely check this out, thank you.