Palmer may be out of Cincy soon

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
I was coming home from a road trip yesterday, and happen to catch a signal from WLW out of Cincy. They were reporting that the Bungles had requested Carson Palmer to take a pay cut in order to stay with the team, and he basically told them to eat a dick. He'll be making 11 1/2 mil next @ 31 with a bad knee and elbow. Don't know what he's worth, but hell, send to the 'Skins. We all know that Snyder will take on the contract.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Found a link:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lmer-wont-take-pay-cut-to-stay-in-cincinnati/

Report: Carson Palmer won’t take pay cut to stay in Cincinnati
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 18, 2010, 5:02 PM EST
Cleveland Browns v Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals are going to rebuild this offseason, the only question is how much.

Coach Marvin Lewis appears as good as gone. Terrell Owens and Cedric Benson are free agents and seem likely to leave. The team may not pick up the option on Chad Ochocinco’s contract.

Quarterback Carson Palmer is the most important piece to the puzzle. He’s under contract next year for $11.5 million and acknowledged earlier this week that “anything’s possible” regarding his future.

According to ESPN.com’s James Walker, Palmer is highly unlikely to take a paycut to stay. Walker writes that decision could be the first step in the Bengals and Palmer parting ways.

Spoke

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do you think mcnabb might go there?

You know I'm feeling that McNabb should look at the backup QB route or planB in a quick fix for any NFL team. But not with T.O. and Ocho-Cinco, he would get ocked on the regular. I'm thinking Cincy is looking to hook Cam Newton if the chips fall that way.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
You know I'm feeling that McNabb should look at the backup QB route or planB in a quick fix for any NFL team. But not with T.O. and Ocho-Cinco, he would get ocked on the regular. I'm thinking Cincy is looking to hook Cam Newton if the chips fall that way.

Cam may be their best option, considering that they have a shit O line.

Thedod

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Palmer will get picked up probably by the 49ers

McNabb should go to the Chiefs. Cassel can go back to the bench where he plays his best football

Vick should stay in Philly but if he moves it should be to the Vikings

The Bengals should try and get Fitzpatrick, the Bills record sucked but he played well.

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
please god let us get cam newton. do you realize how hard it has been to be a real bengals fan? no one should have to get used to loosing.

Last edited:

FingersXG

Star
BGOL Investor
McNabb should go to the Chiefs. Cassel can go back to the bench where he plays his best football

Yeah Cassel only has 23 TDs and 4 INTs...and has KC in 1st place in the AFC west at 8-4...he sucks..:rolleyes:

Vick should stay in Philly but if he moves it should be to the Vikings

A team with no head coach? Vick should do EVERYTHING he can to stay in Philly.

The Bengals should try and get Fitzpatrick, the Bills record sucked but he played well.

You wanna bench Cassel, but give Fitzpatrick a starting job??

Do you watch football??:smh:

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
the bengals need a young fresh (insert rookie phenom) qb. anything else is delaying the inevitable. in this league you need to groom the qb you want and not so much look to trade for that qb. he was on the free agent block for what ever reason and it aint always good.