Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

So that would add even one MORE person who knows nothing about building construction to the cast! And secondly where did I "complain" .. I reported. Thirdly, why is it MY responsibility to build Africa when I pay $2500 USD in fees for the "pleasure" of living here? Thirdly, why are you not assisting yourself? Do you not care about African death tolls from these collapsing engineering nightmares?Instead of complaining about it go get a hammer, wrench and go help them out.
BULLSHIT! Tuesday, I didn't say ANY number. A different news story from a different source said 58 percent! Are you guys on meth or something, or are comments like this indicative of the prevailing I.Q. in these parts?Tuesday you said it was 58%. Did a strong breeze blow through?
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — A multi-story building under construction in the Kenyan capital, Nairobi, collapsed Friday, leaving people trapped.
Rescue workers are digging through the rubble. The building was in an area of Nairobi known as South C, according to the Kenya Red Cross, which said in a statement that a multi-agency response team was at the scene “managing the situation.”
Building collapses are common in Nairobi, where housing is in high demand and unscrupulous developers often bypass regulations or simply violate building codes.
After...
- MisterT
- Replies: 3
- Forum: Blackgirl Online
It's NOT that the engineers are deficient Yur. They may be among the best. It's the graft and corruption that in so ingrained in African life. NOTHING in Africa is immune. Side deals are cut altering the quality of the concrete mix and steel in exchange for monetary kickbacks. In almost all of Africa, a fist full of cash makes integrity a forgotten concept. It's OUT OF CONTROL!!!! Two deadly collapses in ONE WEEK!That's jacked up! And I have at least a dozen Kenyan and Ethiopian Professional Civil Engineers working in my office.
Are you on drugs? I literally linked YOUR post from Tuesday.BULLSHIT! Tuesday, I didn't say ANY number. A different news story from a different source said 58 percent! Are you guys on meth or something, or are comments like this indicative of the prevailing I.Q. in these parts?
I can't explain any simpler. Enjoy your surfing.Are you on drugs? I literally linked YOUR post from Tuesday.
So that would add even one MORE person who knows nothing about building construction to the cast! And secondly where did I "complain" .. I reported. Thirdly, why is it MY responsibility to build Africa when I pay $2500 USD in fees for the "pleasure" of living here? Thirdly, why are you not assisting yourself? Do you not care about African death tolls from these collapsing engineering nightmares?
In one breath it's "They know nothing about construction", and in the other it's "It's not the engineers that are deficient, it's because of corruption".It's NOT that the engineers are deficient Yur. They may be among the best. It's the graft and corruption that in so ingrained in African life. NOTHING in Africa is immune. Side deals are cut altering the quality of the concrete mix and steel in exchange for monetary kickbacks. In almost all of Africa, a fist full of cash makes integrity a forgotten concept. It's OUT OF CONTROL!!!! Two deadly collapses in ONE WEEK!
Engineers don't construct buildings RL. Tradesmen construct. Engineers and architects design. What is making the buildings fall is NOT a reflection of the design (engineers) it is in the construction. I can explain things, but I can't make others understand.In one breath it's "They know nothing about construction", and in the other it's "It's not the engineers that are deficient, it's because of corruption".
Make up your mind to better determine your angle of trolling, I mean pointing out interesting topics.
Troll betterEngineers don't construct buildings RL.
It makes me wonder what the Project Managers and Construction Inspectors are doing. They're the ones that are responsible for quality and holding the contractors accountable.It's NOT that the engineers are deficient Yur. They may be among the best. It's the graft and corruption that in so ingrained in African life. NOTHING in Africa is immune. Side deals are cut altering the quality of the concrete mix and steel in exchange for monetary kickbacks. In almost all of Africa, a fist full of cash makes integrity a forgotten concept. It's OUT OF CONTROL!!!! Two deadly collapses in ONE WEEK!
Engineers don't construct buildings RL.
They are taking bribes. I can't make the typical BGOL type understand the difference between engineers and construction staff so I'll not try, but yes, the issue is construction related, not design related. Nobody designs a building to fall. The supervisors are indeed accepting bribes on material quality, the bag mix formulas for concrete, and inspectors are turning a blind eye to code violations for pay.It makes me wonder what the Project Managers and Construction Inspectors are doing. They're the ones that are responsible for quality and holding the contractors accountable.
Got it. That makes sense. I've actually seen similar behavior in my own job but not to the point where safety is compromised. Its mostly over charging and rigging bids.They are taking bribes. I can't make the typical BGOL type understand the difference between engineers and construction staff so I'll not try, but yes, the issue is construction related, not design related. Nobody designs a building to fall. The supervisors are indeed accepting bribes on material quality, the bag mix formulas for concrete, and inspectors are turning a blind eye to code violations for pay.
And I can't make a typical boring troll not troll.They are taking bribes. I can't make the typical BGOL type understand the difference between engineers and construction staff so I'll not try, but yes, the issue is construction related, not design related. Nobody designs a building to fall. The supervisors are indeed accepting bribes on material quality, the bag mix formulas for concrete, and inspectors are turning a blind eye to code violations for pay.
When I lived in Belize things weren't much different. EVERYTHING involves kickbacks. If I ask you where to buy a new widget, and you tell me to go to Widgets Incorporated, you will then call WIDGETS Inc. and tell them I'm coming and to adjust the price they charge me to include a kickback for you having sent me. It works that way for anything from constructing buildings, down to buying hamburgers and hookers. Africa is the worst I've seen for kickback behavior. People live HARD here! At night, the streets are littered with sleeping homeless bodies. Women with children, sleeping in the parks. Practically everything and everybody is for sale or rent. The cops, the inspectors, the women, married or not, the jobs. African culture is mind-numbing until you settle in and accept it for what it is.Got it. That makes sense. I've actually seen similar behavior in my own job but not to the point where safety is compromised. Its mostly over charging and rigging bids.