Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member

Two women stole bags of food from Florida Taco Bell during armed robbery, deputies say​

FOX 35 News Staff
Fri, October 6, 2023, 2:27 PM EDT·1 min read

<div>Credit: Osceola County Sheriffs Office</div>

Credit: Osceola County Sheriffs Office
OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. - Two women who stole several bags of food during an armed robbery at an Osceola County Taco Bell have been arrested, according to deputies.
Olivia Okolowitcz, 30, and Mikailyn Butcher, 21, were booked into the Osceola County jail on charges that include robbery with a firearm and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
On October 3, around 5:25 p.m., deputies said they responded to a Taco Bell at West Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy for a call regarding an armed robbery.
RELATED: Osceola County School Board member gave alcohol to underage teen, forcibly tried to kiss her: Deputies
The victim said two women had entered the restaurant, stole several bags of food from the mobile order area, and ran out of the restaurant into a car, deputies said.
When the victim followed the suspects outside to ask them to return it, the car's driver opened the door and pulled a gun out.
Detectives were able to locate the suspect's vehicle at a nearby hotel, deputies said.
Both women were booked into the Osceola County Jail.

Lexx Diamond

Staff member

Downers Grove man secretly recorded hundreds of women, 13-year-old girl: prosecutors​

FOX 32 Digital Staff
Fri, October 6, 2023, 8:03 PM EDT·2 min read

DUPAGE COUNTY - A Downers Grove man is facing charges for allegedly inappropriately recording hundreds of women and a teenager.
DuPage County State's Attorney Robert Berlin and Downers Grove Chief of Police Michael DeVries announced Friday the charges against 36-year-old Matthew Morgan, which include unauthorized video recording of a victim under 18, as well as unauthorized video recording without consent.
The allegations against Morgan include recording a 13-year-old girl in a Starbucks lobby by placing his phone under her dress while pretending to tie his shoelaces. Additionally, he is accused of secretly recording a woman in a Goodwill changing room by placing his phone under the stall door.
Authorities say they found about 260 videos on Morgan's phone, most of which featured young females recorded without their knowledge or consent at various locations, including Goodwill, Starbucks, and Target stores.
<div>Matthew Morgan</div>

Matthew Morgan
Matthew Morgan appeared Friday in court where the judge ordered several conditions of pre-trial release, including weapons surrender, home confinement with electronic monitoring, monitoring software installation on all electronic devices, and no contact with minors under 18 except for his own children.

"The allegations that Mr. Morgan secretly videotaped innocent females in an inappropriate manner, two while they were in a changing room and one thirteen-year-old girl at a Starbucks are extremely disturbing." Berlin said.

"Also concerning is the fact that the law does not allow a judge to exercise their discretion to detain when unlawful videotaping is charged, as in this case. Since the Safe-T-Act went into effect, in DuPage County the law has largely been working as intended by the legislature. I still believe however, that a judge should have discretion to detain or release pre-trial in any case based on the facts and circumstances of each particular case presented to the judge in court."

Morgan is next due in court on October 30.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Others who sold fake coronavirus cures have also faced charges.

In July 2023, a Florida man and his three sons were convicted of using their online church to sell a toxic industrial bleach as a fake COVID-19 cure. The four men were found guilty of conspiring to defraud the United States and deliver misbranded drugs, according to court records, and will be sentenced in October.

In 2021, the U.S. Attorney General established the COVID-19 Fraud Enforcement Task Force to prevent and prosecute such frauds.

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Woman Causes 'Truly Life-Threatening Incident' After Opening Fire in Police Department, Police Say​

Ingrid Vasquez
Fri, October 6, 2023, 8:25 PM EDT·3 min read

The Bristol Police Department announced that Suzanne Laprise was taken into police custody after firing multiple rounds into the front lobby desk office window
<p>Bristol Connecticut Police Department; Google Maps</p> Suzanne Laprise (L), Bristol Connecticut Police Department (R)

Bristol Connecticut Police Department; Google Maps
Suzanne Laprise (L), Bristol Connecticut Police Department (R)
A woman in Connecticut allegedly opened fire in the lobby of a police department on Thursday night.

The Bristol Police Department announced on Facebook that Suzanne Laprise of Plainville, Connecticut was taken into police custody after firing multiple rounds into the front lobby desk office window.

According to the department, Laprise, 51, arrived at the scene at approximately 10:35 p.m. when the desk was unoccupied. Laprise fired additional rounds at the desk's bullet-resistant glass after officers attempted to negotiate, police said.

Related: 2 Men Sentenced in Fatal Shooting of Mich. Singer Whose Hands Were Bound with Christmas Lights

While the bullet-resistant glass prevented any injuries to the officers, the department announced in a separate Facebook post that the lobby was "closed for walk-in complaints to allow for repairs and maintenance."

"BPD wants to recognize the heroic actions of our officers last night," the department added in a statement on X, formerly known as Twitter. "Despite a truly life-threatening incident, they responded with calm, poise, and professionalism, resulting in no loss of life or serious injury to anyone."

<p>Google Maps</p> Bristol Connecticut Police Department

Google Maps
Bristol Connecticut Police Department
Laprise was released from the hospital early Friday morning after receiving an evaluation, police said. She was charged with multiple counts that included Illegal Discharge of Firearm, Illegal carry of firearms under the influence of drug/alcohol, Criminal Use of weapon, Criminal Mischief 1st Degree, Criminal Attempt/Murder with Special Circumstance, and Breach of Peace 2nd Degree.

Related: Remains of Missing Calif. Woman Found, Former Boyfriend Faces Murder Charges

While the incident currently remains under investigation by the Connecticut State Police Central District Major Crimes Division and the Inspector General’s Office, Laprise was arraigned on Friday.

After being originally held in lieu of $3,000,000 bail, Judge Maureen M. Keegan lowered the amount to $1 million during the arraignment, reports CT Insider. The judge asked Laprise to come up with $300,000 herself to be released, reports CT Insider.

According to The Associated Press, Laprise is scheduled to return to court on Oct. 17. and remains detained. Laprise worked for a state agency that helps developmentally disabled people and retired in 2020, David Napierkowski, Laprise's public defender, told the Associated Press.

"This is an ongoing matter. She’s innocent until proven guilty," Napierkowski, who said Laprise has a son with Down syndrome, told the Associated Press.

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE's free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.

In court, Napierkowski told the judge she has never had a run-in with the law before, reports CT Insider. He said his client helped others with Down syndrome and volunteered at church.

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on People.

Lexx Diamond

Staff member
JFMDFvp.gif

Pregnant woman Tasered after police called to disturbance in street​

Leanne Perrett, 35, was three months pregnant when a police officer fired a Taser in the street — her lawyer told a court 'the most serious injury that she suffered was the loss of her child', but added there was 'no medical evidence to say that this was the direct cause'

• Bookmark

NEWS
By
Harry Hawkins, Wales News Service
  • 11:25, 21 OCT 2020
  • UPDATED17:39, 21 OCT 2020

PREGNANT WOMAN TASERED AFTER POLICE CALLED TO DISTURBANCE IN STREET

A pregnant woman lost her baby after she was Tasered by police during a domestic bust-up with her boyfriend.
Mum-to-be Leanne Perrett, 35, was three months pregnant but a court on Tuesday heard she suffered a miscarriage after being hit by the stun gun in the street.
Bodycam footage showed the moment Perrett lost consciousnesses - and landed face-first after being dropped by the Taser.
A policeman - named only as PC Hughes - stepped in when Perrett and her partner Kyle Butts, 34, were seen arguing in the street.
Prosecutor Kelly-Marie Johnson told a previous hearing PC Hughes had been called to the town centre of Barry due to a disturbance in the street between the rowing pair.
She said: "Both were seen in the street shoving one another and shouting insults.

"The officer was approached by male and then the female, she was saying: 'I want him nicked'.
"She then charged towards the male and the officer attempted to arrest her putting her in a restraint.
"As he attempted to handcuff her she slipped his grasp and he took her to the floor.
"It is said she then punched him and he was forced to continue to restrain her."

Leanne Perrett pictured outside court

Leanne Perrett pictured outside court (Image: Wales News Service)
Cardiff Magistrates' Court heard the police officer had to restrain Butts who tried to punch him but as he did so Perrett stormed towards them.
Ms Campbell said: "She is then alleged to have thrown another punch. It is unclear if that connected.
"The officer has then had to use his Taser to control the situation."
Perrett and Butts admitted assaulting an emergency worker and using threatening words or behaviour to cause fear of violence.
Tom Trobe, defending, said Perrett had been left with "substantial injuries" following the incident including a black eye.
He added: "The most serious injury that she suffered was the loss of her child. She was three months pregnant.
"While there is no medical evidence to say that this was the direct cause, she lost the baby in the subsequent days.
"She accepts this was an unpleasant incident where violence need not have occurred."
Mr Trobe said Butts had thrown a punch at the police officer after Perrett was hit.
He said: "This was an emotive situation and not a pre-planned offence."

Mr Trobe said Perrett suffered from a psychiatric disorder and had been unable to get appropriate medical appointments during the pandemic.
He said that both she and Butts had suffered from drug addictions at the time of the incident on June 20 but both were now complying with treatment programs.
District Judge Shoman Khan on Tuesday told the pair the police officer had been right to use his Taser.
He said: "The officer's reaction was instinctive. It was a heated situation and I thought he dealt with it very well."
Butts, from Llantwit Major, was handed an eight-week suspended sentence and a nine month drug rehabilitation order.
Perrett, also of Llantwit Major, was handed a 16-week suspended sentence and ordered to do a thinking skills programme.
Judge Khan told them: "If you commit more offences you bring them on yourselves just like you did in this incident."

Speaking outside court, Perrett said: "I suffered a miscarriage after it happened. I was three months pregnant and I lost the baby.
"I know that's what caused it."
Perrett says there was no need for her to be Tasered over what was a row between her and her partner.
She said: "The first thing I remember was waking up and being pushed into the back of the police van.
"They had to lift me in because I couldn't stand up - my legs just wouldn't work.
"I thought I had broken my cheekbones as I was in so much pain and I had a black eye that stayed for over three weeks.
"My mum saw the video afterwards and was crying."
A spokesman for South Wales Police said they were sympathetic to anyone who suffers a miscarriage.
The spokesman said: “Suffering a miscarriage is an extremely traumatic experience and our sympathies are with anyone who loses a child in this way.
“The court recognised there was no medical evidence that this incident was the cause of the miscarriage.
“The single-crewed officer who was involved in this incident dealt with an extremely difficult situation remarkably well. Faced with extreme provocation and violence he was fearless and showed great tactical competence and skill.
“The Taser footage was reviewed by South Wales Police with no issues identified.
“We hope the sentence ordered by the court, along with the drug treatment programme, provide the necessary support.”

Lexx Diamond

Staff member

Another angle video
Code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ThatsInsane/comments/17a4j01/officer_gets_sentenced_to_3_months_in_jail_for/

Former St. Albans Cop Gets Prison Time for Punching Handcuffed Woman​

By DEREK BROUWER
Published December 21, 2022 at 5:55 p.m.
click to enlarge Jason Lawton, right, with his attorney, Rebecca Otey, at an earlier court hearing - FILE: COLIN FLANDERS ©️ SEVEN DAYS
  • FILE: COLIN FLANDERS ©️ SEVEN DAYS
  • Jason Lawton, right, with his attorney, Rebecca Otey, at an earlier court hearing
A former St. Albans police sergeant who assaulted a handcuffed woman in 2019 must serve at least three months in prison for his offense, a state judge decided on Wednesday, calling Jason Lawton's actions a "savage beating" for which he has not shown remorse.

Superior Judge Martin Maley issued the sentence at the conclusion of an hours-long contested hearing that itself capped a rare, drawn-out criminal prosecution of a Vermont police officer for on-duty conduct.

The assault, which occurred in a concrete holding cell at the city police station and was captured on video, helped expose deeper problems around policing culture and oversight in St. Albans.
"Others need to know that they're not going to be allowed to commit these acts," Maley said in explaining his ruling on Wednesday, more than three years after the March 2019 assault. "They can't come in and say, 'I was having a bad day. I was having a traumatic episode.'"

Lawton punched, pushed and dragged then-35-year-old Amy Connelly while she was being detained. He then cited her for assault because he claimed that she kicked him in the shin.

Lawton was not immediately disciplined for his actions. In fact, he posted an account of the charges against Connelly to the department's official Facebook page shortly afterward. It was only after the ACLU of Vermont requested records related to Connelly's arrest that the St. Albans police department investigated and fired Lawton.

In November 2019, the Vermont Attorney General's Office charged Lawton with one count of misdemeanor assault — to the surprise of Maley, who told prosecutors during an earlier hearing this year that the video evidence depicted several assaults.

The charge carries up to a year in prison, but Lawton pleaded guilty in exchange for an agreement that the state would not seek more than six months of incarceration.

At Wednesday's hearing, the state asked the judge to impose the six-month term. Lawton's attorneys asked for a deferred sentence that would allow the conviction to disappear from his record after a term of probation.

Connelly's attorney, Evan Chadwick, asked Maley on Wednesday to impose a yearlong prison term. Lawton should have been charged with a felony for aggravated assault, he said.

"I want to be very clear: My client does not agree with this charge, does not agree with this sentence," he said in court testimony.

Lawton's attorneys, drawing upon a forensic psychologist who examined the former officer, said he had been suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder caused by earlier experiences as a cop. Lawton and another officer shot a man in 2018; prosecutors later deemed the officers' actions were justified.

"The incident with Ms. Connelly was out of character for Mr. Lawton and the result of a perfect storm," attorney Rebecca Otey said.

Otey tried to persuade Maley that prison time would be counterproductive. It would harm Lawton's health and family, she said, and was unnecessary to deter other law enforcement officers from using excessive force. Lawton had already lost his job and experienced public shame when video of the assault — a public document — was "leaked" online, she said.

"There is no justice in destroying a person," Otey said.

The state, represented by assistant attorney general Paul Barkus, disputed that Lawton's actions were driven by past trauma and noted that Lawton had previously defended his punch as a justified "distraction strike." He said Lawton had handled Connelly like she was a farm animal and shirked full responsibility for his actions that day.

"Justice is a two-way street," Barkus said. "There has to be justice for Ms. Connelly and the community, not just Mr. Lawton."

Lawton did not deliver a statement in open court, but, in what the judge described as a "highly unusual" move, Lawton's attorneys provided Maley with a written statement from their client near the end of the hearing.

Maley was unmoved by the written statement.

"I really wish that Mr. Lawton had found himself able to show some remorse and some pity and some empathy for the victim here," he said. "This was a savage beating."

Maley took nearly 30 minutes to explain why he believed prison time was necessary, at one point suggesting the attorney general could have charged Lawton with a felony. A deferred sentence, Maley said, would have "minimized" Lawton's crime.

"I have a great appreciation and respect for law enforcement officers, and it's grown over the years. So to sit here and have Mr. Lawton in front of me pains me, frankly," Maley said.

He ordered Lawton to report to Northwest State Correctional Facility in St. Albans in January. His attorneys indicated to the judge that Lawton would contemplate an appeal.

Connelly is separately suing the City of St. Albans, former police chief Gary Taylor, Lawton and another officer who was at the scene, claiming excessive force and other civil rights violations. A federal judge dismissed her claims against a third officer who was on duty but said he did not witness Lawton's actions.

Two other former St. Albans officers face pending criminal charges stemming from separate episodes of alleged excessive force: Joel Daugreilh, who pepper sprayed a teenager while he was shackled in a holding cell; and Mark Schwartz, who shocked a man with his Taser seconds after stepping out of his cruiser.

Then-Vermont attorney general T.J. Donovan had initially declined to prosecute Daugreilh, but he reopened the case following a records request from Vermont Public and swirling publicity around Lawton.

Daugreilh and Schwartz have scheduled court hearings in January.

Casca

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

David Tronnes, 55, killed his wife, Shanti Cooper-Tronnes, on April 24, 2018, in the couple’s home in the Orlando neighborhood of Delaney Park, the State Attorney’s Office for the Ninth Judicial Circuit said in a statement Wednesday.

“Tronnes had spent thousands of dollars on renovations and had hopes of appearing on the reality television show, ‘Zombie House Renovations.’ This led to the couple experiencing problems in their marriage,” prosecutors said. “Cooper-Tronnes’ refusal to appear on the show upset Tronnes to the point that it led to her murder.”

The six-day trial concluded Wednesday when the jury returned with a verdict in less than five hours. Tronnes was immediately sentenced to life in prison, prosecutors said.

During the renovation of their home, Tronnes slept in the garage, while his wife, 39, slept in a one-bedroom studio on the property, prosecutors said. Cooper-Tronnes was killed in the bedroom, and her husband tried to clean up the crime scene before police arrived, prosecutors said.

Prosecutors said Orlando police investigators noticed inaccuracies in Tronnes’ story. He claimed he found his wife in the bathtub after having spent the day cleaning and walking his dogs.

Casca

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Florida man sentenced to 1 year in federal prison for trying to run over 6 Black men
\
David Allen Emanuel appeared solemn and reserved on Thursday as federal Judge Allen Winsor delivered the sentence on six counts of hate crimes for attempting to run over Historian Marvin Dunn, his son and four other Black men who were surveying Dunn’s Rosewood property to build a memorial for the massacre.

The judge’s sentence called for 12 months plus one day in federal prison for each of the six charges, which he allowed to run concurrently. The Justice Department had sought a “substantial” prison term of between five and six years.

Lexx Diamond

Staff member
Former Trump attorney Jenna Ellis cries in court after pleading guilty. Go to 15 second mark.