ONE CONTINENT, MANY TRADITIONS-West African cuisine

WorldEX

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
African food ambassadors such as Samuelsson, Senegal-born Pierre Thiam, South Africa’s Dorah Sithole and Ghanaian chef Selassie Atadika have led the way in educating a foreign market about their food traditions and food ways. This has resulted in more American and European chefs experimenting with African ingredients and cooking techniques.
shutterstock_585882515.jpg

Many African dishes are seen as versatile and cost-effective. Take the tagine for instance, which not only enables you to cook an almost unlimited variety of ingredients (from vegetables to meat) but is also an energy-efficient means of preparation, using very little water.

shutterstock_1063888055.jpg

And consider the humble peanut, a popular ingredient in some African cuisines. Celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse has popularized the Senegalese peanut soup in the US - creamy, delicate and generously spiced with curry powder, black pepper, ginger cayenne pepper.
https://www.finedininglovers.com/stories/african-flavors-influence/
hb5her.jpg

Rising in popularity, African superfoods are not just staying inside the continent's borders. Shrewd business minds are taking them out of Africa and putting them in supermarkets across the world. Across the North Atlantic, former Peace Corps volunteer Lisa Curtis has established her business, Kuli Kuli, named after a popular Hausa snack.
groundnut_stew_abom_.jpg

https://www.cnn.com/2015/03/12/africa/african-superfoods-gastronomy-cuisine/index.html
Known for its delectable moorish flavours, rich textures and surprisingly healthy fruit and vegetable bases, West African food is being increasingly appreciated by visitors to the region and beyond. From Cape Verde to Cameroon, and all of West Africa in between, here are some of the tastiest dishes you must try.

shutterstock_763643089.jpg

https://theculturetrip.com/africa/g...watering-west-african-dishes-you-need-to-try/

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can anyone recommend spots in Atlanta for some jollof? I mean, a restaurant? Not someone house?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I would’ve never thought to eat at a Senegalese spot. I need to broaden my horizons. Thanks for posting this.
yeah you def missing out... I use to get bread with Africans so they use to take me all over harlem/bx to their eateries, lounges, hangout spots... Lots of great food eating and lots of bootiful women introduced to

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
yeah you def missing out... I use to get bread with Africans so they use to take me all over harlem/bx to their eateries, lounges, hangout spots... Lots of great food eating and lots of bootiful women introduced to
The sad thing is when I was younger I use to live around a big Ethiopian, Eritrean, and African community and I never went to their restaurants. I was very closed minded when I was younger. I was missing out. I will start sampling their fares now though.

2 ONE 3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

What borough you from

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The sad thing is when I was younger I use to live around a big Ethiopian, Eritrean, and African community and I never went to their restaurants. I was very closed minded when I was younger. I was missing out. I will start sampling their fares now though.
a few of my friends were african.. They introduced me to that bootleg/store front money... 1 of my boys seem to be cool with mad Africans so he would juss take me everywhere or introduce me to mad people.. He was from the ivory coast and so was most of his people but of course they dealt with various other Africans from diff countries