Old Man Toys: Good Lawd....Hasbro Unveils $700 Self-Transforming Optimus Prime Robot on-going

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Just in case some of ya missed it.. they were literally selling these for under $40 in Asia a few yrs ago.. they just added the noise and voice( a lil physical changes)literally they selling it at 20 times the markup

The og

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Naaaa. Its a MASSIVE market for adult toys. None of it is cheap and trying to find it for retail once its sold out??? :smh:
true but the pricing is bullshit IMO since the tech going into making optimus prime do that isn't new or cutting edge..

ANj7E3.gif

you can get robots like these for under well under 500 bucks and quite frankly I'm surprised this never took off in the US...this footage is 6-7 years old and theres youtube vids going back to 00s..

so OP converting and then just standing there "breathing" being close to thou in price is kinda ridiculous.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
true but the pricing is bullshit IMO since the tech going into making optimus prime do that isn't new or cutting edge..

ANj7E3.gif

you can get robots like these for under well under 500 bucks and quite frankly I'm surprised this never took off in the US...this footage is 6-7 years old and theres youtube vids going back to 00s..

so OP converting and then just standing there "breathing" being close to thou in price is kinda ridiculous.

I agree... But a product is worth what the market supports. So at 700... Its already sold out. They honestly couldve gotten 1500 and it still wouldve sold out. That new Unicron was 1250 and pre orders sold out. Its just plastic and metal and doesn't move. Shit from certain time periods just print fuckin money and Im guilty of helping it. Nostalgia is driving it, not financial sense unfortunately.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree... But a product is worth what the market supports. So at 700... Its already sold out. They honestly couldve gotten 1500 and it still wouldve sold out. That new Unicron was 1250 and pre orders sold out. Its just plastic and metal and doesn't move. Shit from certain time periods just print fuckin money and Im guilty of helping it. Nostalgia is driving it, not financial sense unfortunately.
:itsawrap:

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
wait what Sentinel?
26"

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Honestly, that is the play. Buy two and sell one. You'll at least make half or 2/3rds the cost of the one you wanted to keep back.
Shit the way these toys be flipping… buy 2 sell 1 now keep the other in a box wrapped in plastic cause your grandkids 40 yrs from now will put that shit on eBay and sell it for 70,000… all these 80 toys in the box selling for thousands of dollars now…find me Marty McFly so I can tell my young self don’t open none of those master of the universe toys so your older self could make 6 figs ..fuck your fun now your old self will love you later