Ohio governor DeWine signs law removing training, background check, permitting requirement to conceal carry

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
lol...... I know Springfield well. Dated a few chicks from there. Crazy bitches :lol:
yep lol they crazy as heck lol..what side of dayton you on.i use to live on main st then bruce st. i went to colonel white then moved to trotwood now in springfield.had to get out of dayton those negres was acting to crazy in them streets lol...

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yep lol they crazy as heck lol..what side of dayton you on.i use to live on main st then bruce st. i went to colonel white then moved to trotwood now in springfield.had to get out of dayton those negres was acting to crazy in them streets lol...
Came here and lived in Trotwood and now I'm in Huber Heights.

You right about Dayton, that's a wild place.

InTheMind

INTHEMIND
Registered
I mean, down here this really aint a big deal for us. Even though we had to get permits it was like 75 bucks and it came in 3 weeks. They're pushing this same law through here but don't get lost in the wording. Background checks are a FEDERAL requirement. That, they can't remove. You'll still have to get a background check to buy the gun legally. That's not changing. We've never had to have training to carry and i've been carrying for close to 20 years now. Just won't have to go get a permit anymore. Best believe they still know you own it unless you do a private sale... which you'll have to be able to prove. I'm carrying either way, fuck what everybody else do.
Where you at Brahman in my city it was 20 a year get it right there in the sheriff's office but when I went to get another one 3 weeks ago it was free!

InTheMind

INTHEMIND
Registered
Watch how fast they make changes to that law the first time some Black man shoots a white boy.

White Folks are already crying about the law change here cause a 2 year old child got killed and his uncle and the fool that did it was out on bond for a similar shooting and felony evasion hitting several cars!They acting like guns is a black problem when their system is allowing it!

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is the stupidest law you
could ever put into place smh.

Eligible adults in Ohio will soon be able to carry a concealed handgun without a license or training following legislation signed into law Monday night by Republican Gov. Mike DeWine.
Gun rights groups and GOP legislators argue that the new law, set to take effect in mid-June, removes costs and barriers for law-abiding people to exercise their constitutional right to bear arms and for self-defense, while critics argue that it will increase gun violence.
When stopped by police, a person will no longer have to "promptly inform" the officer that they're carrying a concealed handgun, though they will have to disclose that they have a concealed handgun when an officer asks them.

The law also lowers the penalty for not telling a police officer about a concealed handgun from a first-degree misdemeanor to a second-degree misdemeanor and does not allow a police officer to arrest a person solely because they didn't promptly show their concealed carry license.

People who had violated the prior notification requirements may also apply to have their record expunged.

For those who want to obtain the concealed carry license, current Ohio law requires eight hours of training, including two hours of in-person training, to obtain a concealed carry license. Concealed carry applicants apply with their county sheriff and must pay a minimum fee of $67 for a background check and license.

Once in effect, the new law will still allow Ohioans to apply for concealed carry permits, but undergoing training and background check to legally carry a concealed handgun will be optional.

"Nowhere in the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution does it say you have to have training to defend yourself or to bear arms," Republican state Sen. Terry Johnson, who sponsored Senate Bill 215, said last fall.
Proponents of the law, including the National Rifle Association and the Buckeye Firearms Association, say that people still apply and pay for permits and training.
Along with gun safety advocates, law enforcement, including Fraternal Order of Police of Ohio and the Ohio Association of Chiefs of Police, opposed the bill, particularly its modification of the "duty to notify," arguing that it threatens officers' safety.

Other gun safety advocates, including Moms Demand Action, and Dion Green, a survivor of the 2019 shooting in Dayton that killed his father Derrick R. Fudge and eight other victims, testified in opposition to the bill.
The legislation passed the Republican-led Ohio state legislature earlier this month on near party-line votes.
In the wake of the 2019 shooting in Dayton, DeWine announced proposals to address gun violence, such as a "red flag" law and called on lawmakers to pass a law requiring background checks on all firearm sales.
DeWine, who is up for reelection this year, also signed legislation in January that expands where a person has no duty to retreat before using force in self-defense.

Several other states have been forging ahead with permitless carry policies despite the opposition from law enforcement and amid a rise in gun violence and homicides continues across the country.
The law that DeWine signed makes Ohio the 23rd state to enact permitless carry, after Alabama's Republican governor signed similar legislation last week.
Shit about to go down. Believe me, the leaders know what is coming.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Brian Kemps bitch ass needs to sign the bill so we can do constitutional carry.

It shouldn’t be required to have a license to exercise a right.
Shit affects the black community the most. They want the law abiding community unarmed while cowering from criminals who seem to do fine without firearm courses and government docs. The sky was supposed to fall in Ohio in 2004 when CCL was passed. Bitch ass pigs been violating black drivers with that failure to notify shit. This bill in Ohio eliminates that. Also, imagine catching a felony because a CCL expired.

People concerned about training? Shit is a constitutional right, correct? So then training should be free and no licensing fee, correct? So they making poor black people cough up hundreds of dollars to be able to defend themselves and folks cool with it? At the same time, every fool standing outside that gas station is strapped with zero training? They charging a tax on self-defense to the people who need it the most.

That's what the community gets for letting cacs dictate self-defense. :smh:

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Shit affects the black community the most. They want the law abiding community unarmed while cowering from criminals who seem to do fine without firearm courses and government docs. The sky was supposed to fall in Ohio in 2004 when CCL was passed. Bitch ass pigs been violating black drivers with that failure to notify shit. This bill in Ohio eliminates that. Also, imagine catching a felony because a CCL expired.

People concerned about training? Shit is a constitutional right, correct? So then training should be free and no licensing fee, correct? So they making poor black people cough up hundreds of dollars to be able to defend themselves and folks cool with it? At the same time, every fool standing outside that gas station is strapped with zero training? They charging a tax on self-defense to the people who need it the most.

That's what the community gets for letting cacs dictate self-defense. :smh:
So poor black folk can't afford licensing and training fees (which varies by state) but they can afford firearms and ammunition??

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
This is bullshit and it’s only going to backfire on poor white people and poor Black people white people are desperate as hell right now.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
So poor black folk can't afford licensing and training fees (which varies by state) but they can afford firearms and ammunition??
Basically, yeah. When I didn't have money, I got a strap and bullets. So did everyone else I knew.

All the poor, black folks with bench warrants because they can't pay traffic tickets, but they got the car and gas(barely), so what's the problem, huh? :smh: Ya'll forgot what it was like to scrounge up your last for some shit? Shit. I forgot I'm on BGOL, cats been fresh to death.

notreally

Rising Star
Registered
With all due respect, most of you must be unaware that nearly half the states in the US do not require CCWs. When people see states like NY and California do something, most people assume tgat is the norm for all states. It is actually the opposite. NY and California tend to be the extremes.

As I have always maintained, I'm not worried about the people who can legally carry. I'm worried about the those who can't. That's who I have to key an eye on.

This is not wise.

I am from Detroit, a city that has been taking turns as the murder capital of the nation, along with Chicago and a couple other cities.

Michigan is the Mississippi of the North now. I went to Kroger's supermarket recently, and saw some dumpy redneck walking around with a sidearm--in the bread aisle. I can literally go to the pawn shop today and purchase an assault rifle, for just a few hundred dollars.

Two things stick out in my mind about my cultural re-entry shock when returning to the U.S. after living in a different country for a while:

1) Americans will eat broke dick dog shit patties, as long as it is breaded and deep fried.

2) Americans are among the most aggressive AND violent people on the planet.

And you think there is no problem with an 18-21 year old being able to purchase instruments of death (that is the purpose of guns) and walk around with it as if it were as catcher's mitt?

As I said, this is unwise thinking, unless of course, I missed something.

But that is OK. I got my passport renewed this year.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Now this is just more stupid

To perform a search, ATF investigators must find the specific index number of a former dealer, then search records chronologically for records of the exact gun they seek. They may review thousands of images in a search before they find the weapon they are looking for. That’s because dealer records are required to be “non-searchable” under federal law. Keyword searches, or sorting by date or any other field, are strictly prohibited.

:smh:

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Basically, yeah. When I didn't have money, I got a strap and bullets. So did everyone else I knew.

All the poor, black folks with bench warrants because they can't pay traffic tickets, but they got the car and gas(barely), so what's the problem, huh? :smh: Ya'll forgot what it was like to scrounge up your last for some shit? Shit. I forgot I'm on BGOL, cats been fresh to death.
Man stop it. Along with getting a car and gas comes insurance and maintenance. There's also property taxes (depending on the state) and registration fees.

How about this. Instead of going to the extreme and removing background ckecks, training, etc.. Simply lower the fee and remove the yearly cost and requirements.

Last edited:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I'm all for gun ownership by our people but these laws allowing conceal carry without training is a setup for ppl to catch cases they never saw coming.

There are so many laws gun owners who don't take a CCH class are unaware of and the lines to break those laws are beyond easy to cross. For instance, in some states, it's illegal to use deadly force to defend material property even if on your premises. Laws like that get ppl caught up all the time.

I'm a firm believer that everyone should have to take a class or training on gun safety & local state laws before becoming a gun owner.

Even,the anti-gun people don't have a problem what you just said. The problem is that you have the Republicans and the NRA does around saying even having a background check and etc is anti-Second Amendment and stupid ass white people listen to them regurgitate what those two groups said.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Even,the anti-gun people don't have a problem what you just said. The problem is that you have the Republicans and the NRA does around saying even having a background check and etc is anti-Second Amendment and stupid ass white people listen to them regurgitate what those two groups said.
The problem is the information being put out about Constitutional Carry is dangerously inaccurate. It gives people the impression that you can just go to the store and walk out with a gun without any background checks being done. The process for buying a gun doesn't change. This basically is the same as buying a gun that would be kept at home for home defense. Just now you can carry on your person as well without having to acquire a license first.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
They live in a different world man. You're in Ohio. In NE Ohio to be specific, right? Where the cacs busting guns at? Going back to the 90s, poor, white trash is on the west side. Even there, they ain't busting guns. Sure as shit ain't on the east side as you already know.

Now that the media been labeling street violence as mass shooting events, even the mass shooting narrative is going to backfire. The anti-gun people couldn't wait for random cacs to got nuts, so they figure why not switch.

Hell, you know these cacs in Ohio wanted guns in bars, right? In fucking bars. They got them too. For years they been legally doing it and no wild, wild west shit. Meanwhile, our bars still have security like crazy and cats still managed to get shot every weekend. :smh:

For the most part, cacs gun violence are suicides. That's why they don't give a fuck. And as long as the gun violence stats stay relatively the same, they won't start caring. It's just not going to happen.

Yeah, I'm for more education. Can never have enough. But legal gun owners haven't been and won't be a major problem. And since gun ownership is a right(that they are quick to take away from black people), the education shouldn't cost. States need to stop money grabbing.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
You end up using your weapon to protect yourself from some loser, you will be going through their European court system, paying lawyer fees. It is more hassle for a rare event that might happen for most people. Your case could go either way, than you will have the family to deal with that think their loved one was a saint when they was a drug addicted piece of shit.

For me, I am at a higher risk level and having a concealed carry is definitely worth it. They are crazy talking white supremacist that think I have all day to spend with them and their retarded games. I have found that some are effeminate, highly emotional racists that can't accept what I am doing.

After playing video games all day and doing other non productive things, they start to chase me around town deluding out.

Last edited:

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Grants to help Alabama sheriffs make up for lost pistol permit fees

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - Each of Alabama’s 67 county sheriffs is about to start getting payments from a grant based on the amount of money each department collected on pistol permit fees in 2022, according to an announcement made Monday by Gov. Kay Ivey.

Pistol permits have historically made up a significant portion of sheriff’s office funding in Alabama. On Jan. 1, however, a new state law went into effect that allows for anyone 18 or older, who is not prohibited by state or federal law, to carry a concealed pistol without a permit.

Montgomery County Sheriff Derrick Cunningham said in December that he was looking at a 60% funding loss on permits, which previously generated more than a half-million dollars in the county budget.

“A couple of core tenants of the Ivey Administration is that we back the blue in the strongest way possible and that we support upholding our citizens’ Second Amendment rights. As we have amended Alabama law to help our gun owners, we also worked to ensure our sheriffs received their critical funds, and I am proud that these grants will do that,” Ivey said. “The Sheriffs’ Grants will provide them with funding for training, equipment and other needs not provided by county commissions in their annual appropriations. We are proud to support the vital work our sheriffs’ departments do on a daily basis.”

The new law includes the grant program, starting with a $5 million allocation to help replace lost pistol permit revenue. Under the Local Government Pistol Permit Revenue Loss Fund, Alabama sheriffs need to show a loss of pistol permit funds based on the 2022 figures.

The Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs, or ADECA, will then make the payments to each sheriff’s office based on reports collected by other state agencies.

“ADECA intends to carry out our duties in this matter to ensure that Alabama’s sheriffs’ offices are compensated for their losses based on those shortages provided in the data,” said ADECA Dir. Kenneth Boswell.

The payments will be made quarterly starting with the first quarter of 2023.

Following announcement of the grants, the Alabama Sheriffs Association released a statement thanking the governor and legislature for the program that will “partially fill the substantial void in our funding created by the passage of the permitless carry bill last year.”

The association said it looks forward to working with the governor and lawmakers “in the upcoming legislative session to ensure that these funds are permanently allocated and sufficient to restore our ability to fulfill our sworn duty to protect and serve all of Alabama’s citizens.”

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Guns are offensive weapons for war masked as personal home defensive devices. You got two seconds to figure out the intent of a shooter as shown below.

Yes, they can be used for hunting which is obvious when they walk around, but a conceal carry just makes things impossible. In other countries it is nearly impossible to obtain a gun, most people are uneasy to gut another human being like a pig with a knife but could use a gun to quickly kill that person.

As you can see from the video, this is why they may physically detain you with handcuffs. However, law enforcement use traffic stops to malinger looking around when it could be a quick process.

Back in the day, you needed to see a person ID, because they were limited to radio contact. As you can see from the video, they were asking for all kinds of information. Today with 5G speeds that rival my home internet, there is no reason to linger around my car asking for all kinds of documentation.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
White Folks are already crying about the law change here cause a 2 year old child got killed and his uncle and the fool that did it was out on bond for a similar shooting and felony evasion hitting several cars!They acting like guns is a black problem when their system is allowing it!
Criminals don't need background checks to get their guns so why should law abiding citizens?

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Guns are offensive weapons for war masked as personal home defensive devices. You got two seconds to figure out the intent of a shooter as shown below.

Yes, they can be used for hunting which is obvious when they walk around, but a conceal carry just makes things impossible. In other countries it is nearly impossible to obtain a gun, most people are uneasy to gut another human being like a pig with a knife but could use a gun to quickly kill that person.

As you can see from the video, this is why they may physically detain you with handcuffs. However, law enforcement use traffic stops to malinger looking around when it could be a quick process.

Back in the day, you needed to see a person ID, because they were limited to radio contact. As you can see from the video, they were asking for all kinds of information. Today with 5G speeds that rival my home internet, there is no reason to linger around my car asking for all kinds of documentation.

If we banned guns, the murder rate would decrease as people wouldn't want to use a knife to kill somebody especially women. You would need to be physically stronger and not uneasy about gutting another human like a pig. It can take multiple stab wounds before somebody succumbs to their injury unless you were trained.

A gun you can just shoot away no matter the other person size, you wouldn't need to get up on them.

Having law enforcement perform street theatre may work on some people, but it is the culture of the U.S. with the second amendment that is the problem.