• Other

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

ThreeStacks

Star
BGOL Investor
UEFA = European football

CONMEBOL = South American football

Interesting. Still can't stand Argentina and Uruguay. When they play black teams they dive on every contact. You notice the difference in fouls called between the 1st and 2nd half yesterday. Someone talked to him about that PK the contact was minimal and Di Maria actually trip himself up.

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The team that won the most world cups is from South America. UEFA have almost triple the number of teams CONEMBOL have throughout the years of the WC.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Interesting. Still can't stand Argentina and Uruguay. When they play black teams they dive on every contact. You notice the difference in fouls called between the 1st and 2nd half yesterday. Someone talked to him about that PK the contact was minimal and Di Maria actually trip himself up.
They play Brazil, Colombia and Ecuador in the same manner. South American ball is very physical and almost violent at times. With that comes the theatrics. Part and parcel of the game but I understand why people don’t care for diving.

As for the pen, they tangle feet enough to send DiMaria for the floor. It’s soft but the ref has no other choice in that moment than to call the foul. One of the softer penalties you’ll see, but a penalty without question.

ThreeStacks

Star
BGOL Investor
We need organization and finance. Once we sort those pillars out, it’s game over. Europe would never see another trophy again. Lol you think the abuse is bad now .. wait until this dream scenario ever happens ..

Yep! Infrastructure, grassroots to Pro ranks! Europe has no interest in that though their pipeline would be destroyed.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
There's definitely more ppl on that Goat convo, Garrincha, Ronaldo 9, Zidane, Cruyff, George Best

Europe benefits from the best training facilities and all the infrastructure and tangibles that comes with creating a championship winning team. That’s why the best football is played there.But mention the GOAT’s of this game, and there are only 4 real contenders…

Pele, Maradona, Messi, and maybe Cristiano, and only one of them is European. The rest are South American.

These Europeans cry endlessly for South American talent and have scouts all over the continent but shit on them when it’s convenient. Real Madrid are currently crying over Endrick, a 16 year old Brazilian wonder kin. Why not find that talent in the Europe since you got it like that?

Cause they can’t and they know it.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
He’s not lying though
How many of Argentinas players are based in Europe?
Take a mid table team from Europe’s top 5 and put them against a mid table team in Brazil or Argentina. You know who’s going to come out on top
The wins speak for themselves fam. I get your point but South American ball ain’t nothing to skip over the way MOST Europeans do. This is a widely held view in Europe that they reign supreme but that’s simply cause of infrastructure & import, nothing more. Give South America and Africa that and watch what happens..

Again, why not grow these stars in Europe if it’s so good? Why do they CONSTANTLY run to South America or Africa for the next best talent, every chance they get?

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
There's definitely more ppl on that Goat convo, Garrincha, Ronaldo 9, Zidane, Cruyff, George Best
Of course and if we really open it up we can add Di Stefano, Ronaldinho, Zico, Romario, Socrates, Kempes.. and that’s just from the older era. Let’s not even open the younger generational crop of South American ballers.. it’s no contest.

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The wins speak for themselves fam. I get your point but South American ball ain’t nothing to skip over the way MOST Europeans do. This is a widely held view in Europe that they reign supreme but that’s simply cause of infrastructure & import, nothing more. Give South America and Africa that and watch what happens..

Again, why not grow these stars in Europe if it’s so good? Why do they CONSTANTLY run to South America or Africa for the next best talent, every chance they get?
Oh no. I’m definitely not shitting on South American football. They produce world class players for every generation
My comment was more so regarding the middle of the road players when it comes to quality
The average Euro vs the average Brazilian or Argentinian
I’ve preferred Ligue 1 for a very long time due to the SKILL and pace. I’ve watched the. Brazilian league sporadically over the years. While skillful and entertaining, it’s clear who has more quality

Last edited:

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Oh no. I’m definitely not shitting on South American football. They produce world class players for every generation
My comment was more so regarding the middle of the road players when it comes to quality
The average Euro vs the average Brazilian or Argentinian
I’ve preferred Ligue 1 for a very long time due to the SKILL and pace. I’ve watched the. Brazilian league sporadically over the years. While skillful and entertaining, it’s clear who has more quality
I hear ya. Just different economics and the nose up approach towards the world that comes from
Europe with it is what I can’t stand. Again, I wanna see South America and Africa with infrastructure, capital, organization, accountability, marketing, the whole shabang.