Official Discussion: Loki on Disney+ June 11 2021 UPDATE: Season 2 - Oct. 6

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Oh well

Tom Hiddleston Suggests He's Finished as Loki in the MCU After 14-Year Journey

Tom Hiddleston is casting doubt on a return in the MCU following the Season 2 finale of Loki.

With Loki wrapping up its second season on Disney+, star Tom Hiddleston appears to be saying his goodbyes to the character.

As the SAG-AFTRA strike has come to a close, Hiddleston was able to speak about Loki during an appearance on Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show. Hiddleston can't get too specific about the events of the Season 2 finale of Loki, so as not to divulge spoilers for the fans who hadn't yet watched, but the actor said that it served as a great "conclusion" to not just Season 2, but the entire Loki series as a whole. From there, Hiddleston suggested that the finale was also the end of his "journey" as Loki altogether, hinting that he doesn't plan on continuing on in the MCU in that role.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I think season 2 of Loki finale ended that... imma nerd out a bit here and go into my interpretation of Loki and how it gave them an out to get rid of Majors and his Kang storyline...

The TVA has been in existence all the while the events in the MCU were happening. One of the things they were doing was hunting down a variant of Loki that was making life unnecessarily difficult for the TVA. They didn't know which one in particular that was the nuisance, and they also felt they couldn't trust any version of Loki they encountered so they entrapped or flat out killed every Loki variant they encountered.

With that said my interpretation of the finale is this:

Loki took the place of a machine that was holding together the threads/fabric of the Multiverse. Before doing this he showed the TRUE enemy of time and the multiverse to be Kang. He then helped to save the key players at the TVA from Kang, so now they're left with a narrative of "Kang bad, Loki good." Now the remnants of the TVA are doing to Kang and his variants what they were doing to Loki and his, which is hunting them down and "pruning" them from existence on each and every branch of the multiversal timeline that Loki is now holding together after sacrificing himself to do so.

They said 2 key things during the ending that to me let me know they (disney) have an out to move away from the Kang storyline with ease and treat it as though it never existed. One, they mentioned Ant Man's encounter with a Kang variant during the finale, saying that there was a deadly encounter with a Kang variant on Earth 616 (that's the earth that's in the MCU) but that the heroes there handled it.

They then said that, to their knowledge, the Kang variants have no idea of the existence of the TVA and what they're doing, so they're being very successful in their mission to eliminate the Kang variants. They said that they're catching them by surprise and just killing them or altering the path of the variant ever so slightly by changing key moments in their life that set them on the path of becoming Kang the Conquerer.

This is shown with them getting rid of Renslayer (Gugu Mbuthu-Raw's character), preventing her from giving a young Victor Timely (a Kang variant) the TVA manual which he used to create the machinery needed for time and multiverse travel.

Essentially this can be written off as just something that has no impact on anyone other than Loki... outside of Ant Man the heroes in the MCU know nothing of this threat, and to his knowledge that threat is dead, AAANNDDDDDD the TVA states that threat was handled so that's that.

They could go off in whatever direction they want to for the next big bad guy terrorizing the MCU, act as if Kang never existed, and we never have to hear from him, Loki or the TVA ever again.

Them bastards, they smart

quantumania-kang-kang-closeup.gif

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season 2
Episodes 3 - 6

Just finished watching these this morning.

Lots to take in with those episodes, no need to bring up what happened.

From what played out and from what I saw, it’s looking like everything from Phase One to Phase Four really doesn’t matter.

I also noticed on Disney+, they have a MCU Multiverse section where all the series all listed along with a number of films post Endgame.

It’s looking like we are not gonna get any definitive answers until 2025 being no films are coming out in 2024 and what series are debuting doesn’t look like they will tie in with the Kang timeline plot.

Overall, Loki is a good series, it’s deep and lots of spins to it, but it plays out well.

I doubt there will be a season 3.

It’s gonna be awhile, plenty of time to soak everything in.