BREAKING: Jonathan Majors found guilty of 3rd degree assault and harassment

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
The 'Loki' season 2 finale may have just solved Marvel's Jonathan Majors problem

The "Loki" season two finale may have changed everything for Marvel's multiverse and its Jonathan Majors problem.

Since 2021, the multiverse has been the next big venture for the MCU, and Majors was expected to be the franchise's new big bad, playing the time-traveling villain, Kang the Conqueror.

In March, that plan hit a stumbling block when Majors was arrested in connection with a domestic dispute. The actor's management, PR firms, and multiple projects subsequently dropped him.

Marvel Studios has yet to issue a definitive statement on Majors' future in the MCU, but the actor appeared in the latest season of "Loki," which was filmed prior to his arrest.

Should Marvel need an out from Majors playing the MCU's next big villain, Thursday's "Loki" season two finale could be the solution.

In the episode, Loki, played by Tom Hiddleston, decides to take matters into his own hands after a season of trying to keep the multiverse functioning without pruning — destroying — entire timelines.

After gaining new abilities from his time-hopping adventures, Loki takes control of the multiverse with his bare hands, and he now sits at the end of time, holding the multiverse together for the rest of his existence.

Here's why this plot development could solve the MCU's Majors problem.
Advertisement
With Loki now in charge of the timeline, everything we've seen before can be changed
Tom Hiddleston as Loki surrounded by threads
Loki, played by Tom Hiddleston, surrounded by threads of time. Marvel Studios / Disney Plus

There is a small hint in the finale that indicates that the new multiverse may be a little different with Loki in charge.

Earlier in season two, the show established that Victor Timely created the Time Variance Authority and its machinery after learning from a TVA handbook he received as a child. That handbook came from the TVA itself, which caused a slightly confusing chicken-or-egg situation.

In the finale, we return to the scene with young Timely, but he doesn't receive the book this time. Of course, Timely is just one of many Kang variants — versions of Kang from different timelines — but this scene at least indicates some changes to the timeline under Loki's guardianship.

It may be a bit of a cop-out, but Marvel could use this opportunity to erase the "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania" post-credits scene that introduced all the Kang variants.

Continue

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
He's got at least 6 more years to finish trials and any jail time before Marvel stops teasing Kang in TV shows and movies and finally gets around to making a real Kang movie.
I think season 2 of Loki finale ended that... imma nerd out a bit here and go into my interpretation of Loki and how it gave them an out to get rid of Majors and his Kang storyline...

The TVA has been in existence all the while the events in the MCU were happening. One of the things they were doing was hunting down a variant of Loki that was making life unnecessarily difficult for the TVA. They didn't know which one in particular that was the nuisance, and they also felt they couldn't trust any version of Loki they encountered so they entrapped or flat out killed every Loki variant they encountered.

With that said my interpretation of the finale is this:

Loki took the place of a machine that was holding together the threads/fabric of the Multiverse. Before doing this he showed the TRUE enemy of time and the multiverse to be Kang. He then helped to save the key players at the TVA from Kang, so now they're left with a narrative of "Kang bad, Loki good." Now the remnants of the TVA are doing to Kang and his variants what they were doing to Loki and his, which is hunting them down and "pruning" them from existence on each and every branch of the multiversal timeline that Loki is now holding together after sacrificing himself to do so.

They said 2 key things during the ending that to me let me know they (disney) have an out to move away from the Kang storyline with ease and treat it as though it never existed. One, they mentioned Ant Man's encounter with a Kang variant during the finale, saying that there was a deadly encounter with a Kang variant on Earth 616 (that's the earth that's in the MCU) but that the heroes there handled it.

They then said that, to their knowledge, the Kang variants have no idea of the existence of the TVA and what they're doing, so they're being very successful in their mission to eliminate the Kang variants. They said that they're catching them by surprise and just killing them or altering the path of the variant ever so slightly by changing key moments in their life that set them on the path of becoming Kang the Conquerer.

This is shown with them getting rid of Renslayer (Gugu Mbuthu-Raw's character), preventing her from giving a young Victor Timely (a Kang variant) the TVA manual which he used to create the machinery needed for time and multiverse travel.

Essentially this can be written off as just something that has no impact on anyone other than Loki... outside of Ant Man the heroes in the MCU know nothing of this threat, and to his knowledge that threat is dead, AAANNDDDDDD the TVA states that threat was handled so that's that.

They could go off in whatever direction they want to for the next big bad guy terrorizing the MCU, act as if Kang never existed, and we never have to hear from him, Loki or the TVA ever again.

Them bastards, they smart

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I think season 2 of Loki finale ended that... imma nerd out a bit here and go into my interpretation of Loki and how it gave them an out to get rid of Majors and his Kang storyline...

The TVA has been in existence all the while the events in the MCU were happening. One of the things they were doing was hunting down a variant of Loki that was making life unnecessarily difficult for the TVA. They didn't know which one in particular that was the nuisance, and they also felt they couldn't trust any version of Loki they encountered so they entrapped or flat out killed every Loki variant they encountered.

Loki took the place of a machine that was holding together the threads/fabric of the Multiverse. Before doing this he showed the TRUE enemy of time and the multiverse to be Kang. He then helped to save the key players at the TVA from Kang, so now they're left with a narrative of "Kang bad, Loki good." Now the remnants of the TVA are doing to Kang and his variants what they were doing to Loki and his, which is hunting them down and "pruning" them from existence on each and every branch of the multiversal timeline that Loki is now holding together after sacrificing himself to do so.

They said 2 key things during the ending that to me let me know they (disney) have an out to move away from the Kang storyline with ease and treat it as though it never existed. One, they mentioned Ant Man's encounter with a Kang variant during the finale, saying that there was a deadly encounter with a Kang variant on Earth 616 (that's the earth that's in the MCU) but that the heroes there handled it.

They then said that, to their knowledge, the Kang variants have no idea of the existence of the TVA and what they're doing, so they're being very successful in their mission to eliminate the Kang variants. They said that they're catching them by surprise and just killing them or altering the path of the variant ever so slightly by changing key moments in their life that set them on the path of becoming Kang the Conquerer.

This is shown with them getting rid of Renslayer (Gugu Mbuthu-Raw's character), preventing her from giving a young Victor Timely (a Kang variant) the TVA manual which he used to create the machinery needed for time and multiverse travel.

Essentially this can be written off as just something that has no impact on anyone other than Loki... outside of Ant Man the heroes in the MCU know nothing of this threat, and to his knowledge that threat is dead, AAANNDDDDDD the TVA states that threat was handled so that's that.

They could go off in whatever direction they want to for the next big bad guy terrorizing the MCU, act as if Kang never existed, and we never have to hear from him, Loki or the TVA ever again.

Holy sh*t

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor

Good shit!

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I pretty much agree with this interpretation. What's interesting is that I don't think they did any major rewrites or edits with the series, so this was always an option they kept on board.

And if you look at it, it kinda makes sense. Kang is a threat, but Kang has always been a threat that lingers on the fringe. He can pop up and cause massive issues or damage, but he can also just as easily never show up as an enemy/villain in your timeline. It just depends.

Them pruning or monitoring Kang variants is fine, because we never needed an army of Kangs to begin with. Each individual one is their own threat and their own story. Heck, He Who Remains was legitimately deep and involving enough to build an entire series off of. So we just need one or two to get missed in the mix and stir up trouble.

I'm still hoping that they aren't just abandoning the entire Kang storyline(s) in a huge kneejerk reaction. They've done a really solid job creating a slow burn with him. Maybe even a better initial buildup than they did with Thanos. If nothing else, I just want to see more Kang, because unlike the comics, they've actually made him a little interesting. And at this point, nothing significant has been proven with regards to Majors. If DC can ride the Ezra Train as hard as they did, Marvel can cut this man a little slack.

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member

they could also use this finale to reboot the MCU and/or recast OG characters

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
man.... if I was 20 yrs younger....:heartbeat:

I tried to tell folks from day one

Feige found the infinity stone with that one.

He need to shut everything down for a minute and refocus call a summit

Russos Coogler filoni (Gunn on Zoom) and the OG Avengers crew, start paying some of these comic book writers they stole from like Brubaker in the fold too, talk creative direction budgets disney tv and animation.

She need to be a power position going forward

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
makes sense-they did a great job in loki season 2-and the ending could be used as a reboot of the MCU

Agreed if he really is the creator and executive producer of Loki?

He didn't write on the 2nd season though so...

I'm still okay with it.

Not HAPPY but ok

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I tried to tell folks from day one

Feige found the infinity stone with that one.

He need to shut everything down for a minute and refocus call a summit

Russos Coogler filoni (Gunn on Zoom) and the OG Avengers crew, start paying some of these comic book writers they stole from like Brubaker in the fold too, talk creative direction budgets disney tv and animation.

She need to be a power position going forward

Folks are fawning over her like Rae from Star Wars. Not sure it's warranted for someone basically playing an Indian version of the movie "Clueless" :lol2:

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Folks are fawning over her like Rae from Star Wars. Not sure it's warranted for someone basically playing an Indian version of the movie "Clueless" :lol2:
All I can say is that she may not be what I would have envisioned the character being when they went live action, but she definitely fills the role well. Her having a solid grasp of comic book history is just a bonus.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

bro I don't know what history you re writing but there were just as many folks hating Rey and STILL DO.

And the black storm tropper and the Asian girl were getting death threats and bullied online nonstop.

These bots and cellar dwellers seem to know better and they leaving the chosen one here alone.

She legit and worth all the praise.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Going to be hating her even more once that New Jedi Order movie w/ her as the central character drop..

Gawd Damn it man

Yall be invested in being unhappy

You could you know NOT watch it if it ever even really happens, you know.

Just a thought

Cause I be not watching a whole Lotta sh*t I even think gonna make me mad all the time.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
One prospective juror, a White woman who works with the Innocence Project, said she had concerns about weighing allegations by White women against Black men, given the problematic history of the way such accusations are processed through the legal system.

“Yes,” said Good, rolling her eyes from her seat in the second row.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Several women considered for the jury told the judge they had seen videos of Jabbari dancing in a club shortly after the alleged abuse took place and that based on those videos and related news coverage, they did not think they could be impartial.