Official Boxing Thread

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bivol and Beterbiev aren't super middle, as I specifically mentioned that weight class in the quote you responded to... Benavides, I don't think he'll challenge Canelo... Benavides vs Jermall is a much better fight than either of them vs Canelo... End of the day we'll be watching the fight, so it is what it is

Yea I know, hence me listing Benavides first. I then listed much stiffer competition that Canelo will be conveniently skipping over in favor of Makabu. Anyhow, it's not hard imagining fight against Benavides being lot more competitive than a bout against a cruiserweight belt holder that hasn't fought since December 2020.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yea I know, hence me listing Benavides first. I then listed much stiffer competition that Canelo will be conveniently skipping over in favor of Makabu. Anyhow, it's not hard imagining fight against Benavides being lot more competitive than a bout against a cruiserweight belt holder that hasn't fought since December 2020.
Ok............... Assuming he wins, it's not like he can't jump down to fight light heavy in Nov/Dec '22 and try for that 6th division belt... Again, end of the day, neither one of us will be in the ring, but more than likely we'll both be watching the fight and now I'm moving on from this convo...

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok............... Assuming he wins, it's not like he can't jump down to fight light heavy in Nov/Dec '22 and try for that 6th division belt... Again, end of the day, neither one of us will be in the ring, but more than likely we'll both be watching the fight and now I'm moving on from this convo...

He beat a washed Kovalev, so he's already won a title at 175. In 2022 Beterbiev will be 38. No one outside of Canelo fanboys will be interested in seeing the fight happen that far in the future.

In today's boxing world of 1000's of ABC titles floating around, I'm not interested in seeing Canelo chase hollow records or titles held (he deserves all the credit in the world for him unifying 168, I just woulda liked to see him target Benavides while he was the champ tho.) I'm interested in seeing him pitted against the best guys in his division. Not sniping titles from the lowest hanging fruit in various divisions.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s going to be hard for Porter to win this. I want him too because I feel he’s the toughest fighters, but he’s also lost to several of them. I don’t want to shade Crawford with the typical “Who has he fought?” but the resumes aren’t equal. For Porter to win he has to work off angles, keep Crawford guessing and off balance. I hate that Porter has so many tells because all Bud needs is that half seconds to check hook or straight crack him. Porter walks into too many shots but I feel Crawford doesn’t hit hard enough to drop Porter but can in later rounds. Porter needs to win early; take the first few rounds convincingly. Put some doubt in Buds mind. Porter needs to work off that height disadvantage by eating the body and not getting hook happy. 2,3 punches to the body, turn and fire. Bud sits down to fire and that’s when Porter needs to turn him and work. Toe-to-toe, Crawford wins just off that short hook he throws. All-out brawl, Porter takes it. 7th round knockdown and 9th round stoppage for Porter.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Those numbers y'all posted were way off and wrong. Crawford simply doesn't sell because he barely fucking talks. He stated that in a Spence fight it should be 50/50 but there is no way Spence would accept that when he's the draw.