Official Boxing Thread

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Oleksandr Usyk is set to star alongside Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson in new film The Smashing Machine following his win over Tyson Fury. The 2025 release will tell the story of ex-UFC champion Mark Kerr. Usyk will play Ukrainian MMA legend Igor Vovchanchyn.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Sebastian Fundora and Errol Spence Jr. have agreed to a deal for a WBC junior middleweight title fight in October in Dallas, sources told ESPN. PBC’s hope is to stage the Prime Video PPV event at AT&T Stadium if the finalized date fits into the Dallas Cowboys’ home schedule.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Sebastian Fundora and Errol Spence Jr. have agreed to a deal for a WBC junior middleweight title fight in October in Dallas, sources told ESPN. PBC’s hope is to stage the Prime Video PPV event at AT&T Stadium if the finalized date fits into the Dallas Cowboys’ home schedule.
Rooting for Spence but if I am betting, my money would be on Fundora...too many unknowns about Spence health, durability, coaching, karma etc...and to top it off, he is in a new division and he is going up against the biggest dude there so all the physicality advantages are gone for a dude that uses a physical style

Hope he proves me wrong though

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its crazy how quiet the Zhang and Wilder fight has been in the press. His career is effectively over if he loses against Zhang.

He's probably done either way, but still. Next weekend is huge for the Bronze Bomber.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Its crazy how quiet the Zhang and Wilder fight has been in the press. His career is effectively over if he loses against Zhang.

He's probably done either way, but still. Next weekend is huge for the Bronze Bomber.

He wins and he's still in play to get AJ for big money at some point, he loses and he's gatekeeper status

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor

Will be a good fight to see if Parker was just a bad style matchup because of his movement or if Wilder is truly done....Zhang will be open for the big shot (and vice versa for Wilder)

I suspect both him and Fury took something out of each other and its a little more than Parker being a bad style matchup

Wilder lost 3 of his last 4 and the only win came against the least regarded opponent so the lack of hype is understandable

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Makmudov got that neurological damage twitch.

Dude is the new Krusher.

He onlyost his last fight cause he was injured.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
A Russian heavyweight named. Makmudov who fights out of Canada destroyed some guy. Highlight worthy

Thanks for the intel. I will look for some highlights later.

Over the years I've watched more boxing as TSN / Sportsnet in Canada have done a good job airing a number of Top Rank and Showtime Boxing (previously) cards.

I'd often scan the menu guide and set the DVR to catch stuff on Friday and Saturday nights.