Official Boxing Thread

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In all fairness I don't recall either Charlo brother calling out Alverez, until now.
He did. Matter of fact, the answer is in how did Canelo become the WBC franchise champion and Charlo became the champion. Charlo was his mandatory and Canelo never lost that belt.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Magsayo barely upset Gary fightng with 1 arm, his title reign will be short
Gary has no one to blame but himself for his inactivity.
Its actually quite sickening to be honest.
He and his handlers have wasted his talent.
It almost seemed like they were cashing him out.
An active, spry 26 year old against an inactive 33 year old that’s been sitting in moth balls for two years usually doesn’t end well…

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Naw that shit aint PPV worthy. Rolly aint no top level opponent and he doesn't have a big following.
But Tank is a top level fighter and he has a big following
That shit'll be PPV worthy as long as the networks keep breaking even and making a profit. I think I remember hearing one of the Showtime execs say all they need is 250k buys to break even. The day they start losing money like them Andre Ward fights and them Crawford fights then they'll rethink their strategy. Please believe :yes:

Anyway, ya'll cats looking at this the wrong way. You need to look at how YOU can make some money off this shit yourself instead of worrying about who gonna shell money out. I miss the days where I could just throw a bag on a Floyd fight knowing I would make a profit cause he wasn't going to lose. The Mayweather camp knows what they are doing and is looking to set Tank up in the same way and they ain't throwing him in there with nobody that's going to be a real threat. At least not right now. So I get excited when Tank fight cause I know that's a guaranteed payday for me.

Buy it, stream it, or don't support it, but by all means, get yourself an online sportsbetting account and drop some $$$ on Tank. I hope the odds are closer this time. lol

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Rolly does have power tho, you're not afraid of the punchers chance he has?

That shit'll be PPV worthy as long as the networks keep breaking even and making a profit. I think I remember hearing one of the Showtime execs say all they need is 250k buys to break even. The day they start losing money like them Andre Ward fights and them Crawford fights then they'll rethink their strategy. Please believe :yes:

Anyway, ya'll cats looking at this the wrong way. You need to look at how YOU can make some money off this shit yourself instead of worrying about who gonna shell money out. I miss the days where I could just throw a bag on a Floyd fight knowing I would make a profit cause he wasn't going to lose. The Mayweather camp knows what they are doing and is looking to set Tank up in the same way and they ain't throwing him in there with nobody that's going to be a real threat. At least not right now. So I get excited when Tank fight cause I know that's a guaranteed payday for me.

Buy it, stream it, or don't support it, but by all means, get yourself an online sportsbetting account and drop some $$$ on Tank. I hope the odds are closer this time. lol

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rolly does have power tho, you're not afraid of the punchers chance he has?
Sure he has a puncher's chance. But Rolly is slow though cuz. And if you know that Mayweather camp like I do, they are very smart in their calculated risk. I'm going to ride with them til the wheels fall off.

Like I said, I missed that Mayweather train in the mid-early/late part of his career. I'm not going to miss this one. lol

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Man, thanks for the pep talk. Hell, I been missing out. And, I know Tank will stomp the shit out of Rolly no fighting ass. He (Rolly) is undiscipline. He has no skills. Tank gonna beat the shit out of him. I will put money on this one. Thanks again.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's PPV worthy, but then again i don't pay for them shits to watch so my opinion kinda irrelevant on three specific topic

Man a few years ago this shit would be on showtime championship boxing. These mofos throwing anything on ppv.

At least stack the cards would some good match ups like Don King did back in the day.

This Thurman ppv belongs on showtime or fox just like tank vs rolly.

Now Charlo vs that Argentine cat, is more ppv worthy than any matches of the said matches.

Now i would support a tank ppv vs the other young guns at 135 or a teo fight.

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It looks like Kambosas is ducking Devin. Lomachenko and Teo ducked Devin too. Stevenson said that Oscar Valdez hasn’t signed the fight. Ryan Garcia has also been cappin. The closest to a top Black fighter Canelo fought was a cac that grew up in the hood (Caleb Plant).

What’s up with these cacs ducking the top Black boxers? When it’s time to unify the belts they don’t want to fight the best Black boxers.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
They have to put it on ppv cause Tanks purses getting to that $4mil+ level in recent fights and they cant cover it without ppv