{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - playoffs are here {~}

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
30 seconds left in the 4th quarter
A headband spots an opening in the sea of defenders
You slack for one moment and he won't hesitate to punish you!
He moves left then right soaring to the rim for the two hand slam what an amazing move in front of the home crowd oh my goodness!!!!

And with that the suns are down TWENTY POINTS
And that brings Devin Bookers points total to 23
I was looking for the DBook hit piece earlier. Better late than never. :lol:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

:roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3:

28Q0pk.jpg

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
10 takeaways from today in the NBA:

1) WHAT. A. GAME.

Guess we’ll start with Khris Middleton, who came into this one questionable with a sprained ankle. Did absolutely everything for Milwaukee but it’s all about the two game-tying threes. One with 1.4 seconds left in regulation to send the game to overtime. The other with 6.7 seconds left in OT that would have sent it to double OT had the Bucks been able to get a stop. Both were incredibly tough shots. Still don’t understand why the Pacers didn’t foul. Anyways, scores a playoff career-high 42 points on 66.4 TS%.

We got 17 nice minutes from Andre Jackson Jr. (2 points, 3 rebounds, 1 steal). A little boost of energy that’s been lacking from the Milwaukee bench. Bobby Portis (17 points, 18 rebounds) got the attention of the crowd after his comments in Game 2 about the Pacers being frontrunners...

“Bob-by sucks!” - The crowd

2) As if the loss wasn’t hard enough, the Bucks now gotta worry about the health of Dame (28 points, 8 assists, 6-20 FG). They had a huge scare in the first when Siakam landed on his right heel, forcing his knee to do things knees shouldn’t do. Looked crazy bad as he couldn’t put much weight on his leg on the way to the locker room. Shockingly returned shortly after but clearly wasn’t right. Then said he re-aggravated his Achilles in the fourth. These quotes from Doc, man...

“I think it’s his Achilles again, so we’ll see. Honestly, Dame was really struggling. In the overtime, he literally said, ‘I’ll be the decoy. I just can’t go as far as explosion.’ So I thought Dame just being out there was huge for us.” - Doc Rivers on Dame

“That’s the plan.” - Dame on his Achilles and if he plans to play Game 4

3) Tyrese Haliburton (18 points, 16 assists, 10 rebounds) puts up an ugly, yet impressive trip-dub. The ugly part was the 40.1 TS% (1-12 3PT). He did have a nice put-back dunk that even surprised him. Despite his awful shooting, he wanted all the pressure of taking the final shot. Waved off a screen, got to his spot, and hit the game-winning and-1 over Jackson Jr. in OT. Worth mentioning that he did have a heat pack on his left hammy late in this game, which is the one he injured earlier this season.

Pacers beat the Bucks 121-118 and take a 2-1 lead in the series.

“I live for these moments. That’s why I’m here.” - Tyrese Haliburton

4) Pacers gave themselves so many chances to win this game despite shooting poorly (42.9 FG%, 26.5 3PT%). They took 22 shots off 19 offensive boards, leading to 32 second-chance points. They took a playoff franchise record 105 shots. Just absurd. There was a possession in OT where IND had five offensive boards in like a minute and a half.

“The offensive rebound count is the reason we were able to win the game.” - Rick Carlisle

5) What are the odds of having two superstar decoys in one night? First Dame and now Kawhi. This one was spotted pretty early. Played only 10 first-half minutes and wasn’t doing anything when he was on the court (23.9% usage).

We got an in-game report that the Clippers considered pulling him since he didn’t look right. Played 25 minutes and would have probably played less had Paul George not struggled with foul trouble for the 100th time. Finishes with just nine points. First time since June 8, 2014 that he hasn’t scored 10+ points in a postseason game. Had as many made field goals as turnovers (4). Ty Lue has already said that they expect him to play on Sunday but the Clippers really need to weigh if it’s worth having him out there cause it’s been gross.

“I wanted to be on the floor to help the team… frustrated that this happened to me this late in the season.” - Kawhi

“Just didn’t respond the way we wanted after the first game. But we’re gonna get it right.” - Kawhi on his knee

Sound off the alarms.

6) Funny how quick a playoff series can change. Clippers win Game 1, then we get news that Kawhi’s returning for Game 2... fans (my son included) got hype. Little did we know which version of Kawhi we were getting and now the entire team is crumbling alongside him.

You’d think PG would step up with Kawhi playing on one knee but nope. Kawhi actually outscored him.

7 points
3/11 FG (27.3%)
1/5 3PT (16.7%)
5 fouls

Playoff P strikes again.

“We gotta cover and pick up the slack and appreciate what he’s giving us… We know he’s not 100%, but he’s trying to suit up and give us what he can.” - PG on Kawhi

7) P.J. WASHINGTON WAS A MOOD (37.1 NETRTG). First, got into it with Terance Mann. He crossed arms mid-scuffle and posed for the cameras while staring at the Clippers' bench. You couldn’t help but laugh (Luka was loving it). SO GOOD. Then gets into it with Russell Westbrook, leading to ejections for both.

Man, it was building up the entire night for Russ. I mean, you’d probably be frustrated too if you shot 0-7 (1 point). Honestly looked like he was trying to get ejected.

Luka shot 28.0%, Kyrie Irving scored 2 first-half points and the Mavs still beat the Clippers 101-90.

“F*ck you” - Russ to the crowd after his first Flagrant 1 on Josh Green

“I wanted to get my flicks right for after the game.” - P.J. Washington on holding the pose

8) The Phoenix Suns might be the only team that could make me miss the best-of-five playoff format. I’m not sure I can stomach watching them play another game. The coaching’s suspect, the heart ain’t there and I’m really tired of the lack of execution. When they get desperate, guys just take turns doing the same iso sh*t that everyone knows is coming. Can we please fast-forward to Wolves/Nuggets already?

Grayson Allen was ruled out as expected after re-injuring the same ankle that’s been bothering him in Game 2. Royce O’Neale drew the start. We got some Bol Bol first-half minutes and Josh Okogie second-half minutes. See what I mean? END THIS ALREADY.

Oh God, just realized there’s no ending this. They’re stuck with this team.

"Rightfully so." - Devin Booker on fans booing

9) THE NAW SERIES. We knew he’d be one of the more important players of this series but didn’t think he’d be one of the best. Could make a case that he’s been better than any Suns' player over the first three games.

Score was 63-57 in the third when he checked in for Jaden McDaniels. He accounted for 18 points (12 points, 6 via assists). Wolves won the rest of the quarter 32-16.

He makes 4.3 milly next season.

“Just wanna give a shoutout to Nickeil, man.” - Ant

10) The evolution of Anthony Edwards (36 points, 9 rebounds) has been so beautiful. We knew about the scoring, the defense and the athletic ability. Dude’s playmaking now is next level. He’s figured out how to take advantage of all the attention he draws, getting teammates wide open looks and still getting his points. His seventh playoff game with 30+ points at 22 years of age. Even did the DX “suck it” after an assist to Gobert late. Superstar.

Speaking of Gobert, I’d be remiss to not mention the non-travel seen around the world. Gotta see it to believe it... or not believe it. Ref was staring right at him as he was taking the fifth step.

“I just wanna kill everything in front of me.” - Anthony Edwards

Wolves win 126-109. First time in franchise history they’re up 3-0.
Winky Christ

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Sad time for the NBA. It feels like the time when Drake began to take over hip hop, we're in a new era now.

As I stated 3 years ago on this board. All the stars going forward will be white, foreign, or racially ambiguous. White people and you Jordan stans used trolling LeBron nonstop to make the NBA whiter and push out Black Americans. You guys are finally getting your wish so cheer up. I expect this to be the most memorable playoff in a long time. An all white NBA is better than one with a Black American face that isn't light skinned. :yes:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

He's not Black American, so he doesn't carry a "flop" stigma like Bron does who people use clips from 11 seasons ago to portray him as one. Meanwhile, Embiid and Joker flop every game this season and nobody cares, cuz they are foreign!!! Everyone sees this agenda.

LordSinister isn't gonna use his 50 alts on this board to troll an African. He's only gonna do it for an American. That's how racism white supremacy operate in this country.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As I stated 3 years ago on this board. All the stars going forward will be white, foreign, or racially ambiguous. White people and you Jordan stans used trolling LeBron nonstop to make the NBA whiter and push out Black Americans. You guys are finally getting your wish so cheer up. I expect this to be the most memorable playoff in a long time. An all white NBA is better than one with a Black American face that isn't light skinned. :yes:
What color is Ant?

What color is SGA?

What color is Siakim?

What color is the highest paid player in the nba?

What color is Zion?

U a clown bro, u mad the tire kicks are coming back flat?????

WELCOME TO MY WORLD POST ‘98 FAGGIT

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
What color is Ant?

What color is SGA?

What color is Siakim?

What color is the highest paid player in the nba?

What color is Zion?

U a clown bro, u mad the tire kicks are coming back flat?????

WELCOME TO MY WORLD POST ‘98 FAGGIT

You old niggas still talking about color. I'm talking bout lineage. As soon as Ant gets in a series versus a foreign star, all the dick sucking will cease. You dumb niggas too stupid to see they only hype up Ant to talk shit to Black American players like KD, Bron, etc. Soon as he's facing a white boy, yall gone turn on his Black American ass too.