Now this is a bad ass setup, gamers paradise !

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I want to build a PC but really don't know how. Anybody know any vids on how to build your first gaming PC? I probably will not do it til next year. Got an upstairs room I'm going to make into a gaming room.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Have you ever attempted a itx build? My concern is airflow. Dont want my components overheating.

No - I don't have any experience doing a build.

I hear you re: airflow / overheating.

I had a bad experience with the previous custom built PC. It ended up catching fire. Luckily I was home at the time & there wasn't a serious outcome / house damage.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:cheers: :thumbsup:

Good luck with the eventual build.

I am not too tech savvy ... and wish I could build my own.

My last 2 most recent PCs were custom-built ones. One from Buy & Sell, and another from a shop. They had 6 different options for people to choose from, and I chose a medium-level one that was affordable at that time.
Shit I'm not to tech savvy either, I might build it myself or have someone else do it.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Shit I'm not to tech savvy either, I might build it myself or have someone else do it.

No doubt - especially if you have a friend OR local computer shop you can trust.

Or if you choose to do it yourself ... just ask a friend to help you build it (if that's their thing) or ask on Reddit WHAT parts people may suggest going with. I.E. - "Just give me a list of things I should pick up ..."

I remember dealing with a local computer shop (wherein I bought the custom-built one). I took my old PC in there and they had it for 3 days and ran a number of tests on it. Called me and said they couldn't fix it - sorry. I went there to pick it up and asked them how much I owed them. They said nothing - they didn't charge as they couldn't fix the problem. They also gave me a 20% off voucher for my next repair visit, if needed, and another one to give to a friend or family member.

They told me to look around at local electronic stores ... but IF I couldn't find anything they had those 6 options for me to choose from, if I wanted to buy through them. I looked around at local places and said fuck it - went back and bought from them. I felt like giving them the business as it was a pressure-free first time dealing with them. Minus whale, right?

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I want to build a PC but really don't know how. Anybody know any vids on how to build your first gaming PC? I probably will not do it til next year. Got an upstairs room I'm going to make into a gaming room.

Building PCs are a lot of fun, and I bet there is no shortage of guides online to direct you on what to purchase, and the building steps.

I haven't built one in a good while. My one rig (which I mainly use as a media server), was a desktop PC I built a few years back.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
anl8b0bwi36a1.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend