NFL: Staggering numbers show NFL's minority coaching failure - Rooney Rule Update: BIENIEMY still not hired

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
I know it's a risk, but the existing NFL has to step up. GOOD GOD they are @70 black and have been for forty years. YOU HAVE THE POWER to make a change.

Damn shame how they bailed in Kaepernick.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Tiki Barber Condemns Warning from Stephen A. Smith: ‘Threatening Another Black Man is Not What This Country Should Be About’
By Brandon ContesFeb 8th, 2022, 12:00 pm

After Stephen A. Smith closed Monday’s First Take on ESPN by issuing a warning to Tiki Barber, the former NFL star responded on his New York radio show.

“It is not worth my emotional energy to get bent out of shape about something that I have no control over. I have much respect for Stephen A. Smith,” Barber said Tuesday morning on his WFAN midday show co-hosted by Brandon Tierney.

“If he felt affronted by a conversation that I was having, that wasn’t really about him,” Barber continued. “It was about how we have used an hijacked racism to make excuses for failing diversity initiatives – then I apologize to Stephen A. Smith.”

Barber didn’t get “bent out of shape,” but the former NFL star would go on to condemn what he believed was a threat from Smith.

“He is the prominent Black journalist on a major network, and threatening another Black man is not what this country should be about. Period,” Barber said.

Smith’s gripe with Barber stemmed from the retired running back’s defense of the New York Giants organization from allegations of racism.
“I can’t sit here, with conviction, like Stephen A. — who doesn’t know anybody in the Giants’ organization — and claim that they’re a racist organization,” Barber said last week on WFAN.

Smith fired back Monday morning, blasting Barber’s apparent attack on his journalistic credibility. During his response, Smith raised eyebrows by declaring that he knows “a lot of stuff” about Barber and strongly suggested the former Giants running back, “Chill out. Watch yourself. And know who you’re talking about.”

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
273715343_4997775733641984_7855175220846277210_n.jpg

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I get it more black coaches and owners, on the flip side we(blacks) make up maybe 90 percent of the league. Imagine having black owners and coaches but have 90 percent white players. Shit would be trash to watch! As long as our people keep making the league before cac I’m good!

I can’t name one white running back or corner back.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
NFL expands Rooney Rule to require interviewing a minority for QB coach vacancies
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 24, 2022, 2:47 PM EDT

Getty Images
The NFL has expanded the Rooney Rule and will now require all teams with a vacancy for the quarterbacks coach to interview at least one minority for the job.

The league announced the change to the rule today, as part of its diversity seminar ahead of this week’s league meeting. Amid criticism that there aren’t enough Black head coaches, the league has been trying to ensure more opportunities for minorities to work their way through the ranks in key coaching positions.

The NFL initially adopted the Rooney Rule in 2003, requiring NFL teams to interview a minority candidate before hiring a head coach. The rule was expanded in 2009 to require NFL teams to interview a minority candidate before hiring a new general manager as well. In 2020 the rule expanded to coordinators, and in 2021 the rule expanded once again to require two minorities to be interviewed for head-coaching vacancies.
Now the league is expanding the Rooney Rule again, at a time when the rule itself is being criticized. Some in the coaching community, most prominently Brian Flores, say all the rule does is lead to teams conducting sham interviews. The league needs not only to ensure the interviews are conducted, but to ensure that the interviews are genuine.

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor
I get it more black coaches and owners, on the flip side we(blacks) make up maybe 90 percent of the league. Imagine having black owners and coaches but have 90 percent white players. Shit would be trash to watch! As long as our people keep making the league before cac I’m good!

I can’t name one white running back or corner back.

Yeah but we need to be owning shit too. Especially when we’re so essential to its success. Black people don’t come together on things, and they should.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster