New SNL cast member...Ego Nwodim

Will you watch?

• No...

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Hell no...

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Need to see a full body shot before making decision...

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
Here's what you need to know about SNL's newest cast member, Ego Nwodim

ego-nwodim.jpg

DANA PATRICK
ESME DOUGLAS

Posted on September 21, 2018 4:01PM

Saturday Night Live has announced the latest addition to the season 44 cast, Ego Nwodim.

Nwodim, whose first name is pronounced like “Eggo waffle,” will replace featured player Luke Null, who left the cast this year after only one season.

Nwodim, who originally hails from Baltimore, previously graduated from the University of Southern California with a degree in biology and has been a regular cast member at the Los Angeles UCB theater, where she performed her one-woman show, “Great Black Women … and Then There’s Me.” Nwodim was also featured in 2016 JFL New Faces Characters showcase and the 2016 CBS Diversity Showcase.

Nwodim’s casting news comes with the news that Bowen Yang, Alan Linic, Alison Gates, and Eli Mandel have been added to SNL‘s writing staff.

Before you see Nwodim on the Adam Driver and Kanye West hosted season premiere of the variety show next weekend, watch her turn in the hilarious Funny or Die sketch, “Women Who Didn’t Love Wonder Woman Support Group,” below.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Fucked up ass options. Definitely will watch.

Congrats to the sister, I think she's funnier than Sashir, Jay, and the other funny sister Jessica Williams. Not that it's a competition.

You niggas suck lol

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Congrats to the sister, I think she's funnier than Sashir, Jay, and the other funny sister Jessica Williams. Not that it's a competition.

Based on what? I'm honestly curious I couldn't find much on her other than the wonder woman sketch and her odd Maya Angelou impression

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Based on what? I'm honestly curious I couldn't find much on her other than the wonder woman sketch and her odd Maya Angelou impression
Based on the fact that I don't think the people I named are funny damn near at all lol

But I support them

I honestly only saw two clips of this chick and the small pieces I saw showed better comedic acting sensibility than I get from the other black folks on snl besides keenan. I fuxwit keenan.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
If you say her name backwords you will get sent to her dimension

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Exactly who was this funny to?

Did the writers, staff and actors actually laugh at this? :confused:

I actually gave this a second hought...

so what they saying here?

If these ROLES were REVERSED

men would LIKE to get sexually harassed by people in positions in power...

interesting

So guess that goes for gay men too

and so when these Black boys are molested by these white teachers...they LIKE it huh?

(cause TRUST if they committed any crime for them SAME women? they would tried as ADULTS)

I thought sexual harassment was NEVER OK under ANY circumstances?

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

interesting

and so when these Black boys are molested by these white teachers...they LIKE it huh?

(cause TRUST if they committed any crime for them SAME women? they would tried as ADULTS)

I cant lie..I get sexually harassed by bitches almost daily..the shit mad uncomfortable..most bishes that do it..know dam well I dont want to fuck them...feel all creepy and shit..brah

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor
Peace,

Based on the fact that I don't think the people I named are funny damn near at all lol

But I support them

I honestly only saw two clips of this chick and the small pieces I saw showed better comedic acting sensibility than I get from the other black folks on snl besides keenan. I fuxwit keenan.

All Keenan does is bug his eyes out and leave that stupid expression on his face. Honestly, I think his shtick borders on minstrelsy.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

interesting

I hear you, but that shit’s wack.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He does a lot of that, but his lavar ball and Steve Harvey skits are funny though. I'm wondering if he's better in "his" skits (assuming he's writing those) than he is when he's "black guy in waiting room" in someone else's skit. Like although I'm happy Garrett Morris has had a long career; on SNL he was never much more than the black guy in someone else's skit.

Peace,

All Keenan does is bug his eyes out and leave that stupid expression on his face. Honestly, I think his shtick borders on minstrelsy.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

You niggas suck lol

I liked sashir, really didn't think she fit in to the SNL model...

Really wish she was able to use it as a launching pad amd get herself out there more

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He does a lot of that, but his lavar ball and Steve Harvey skits are funny though. I'm wondering if he's better in "his" skits (assuming he's writing those) than he is when he's "black guy in waiting room" in someone else's skit. Like although I'm happy Garrett Morris has had a long career; on SNL he was never much more than the black guy in someone else's skit.

That would be an interesting article and interview...

How many black cast member have been on SNL...

And how have they done since?

Hell that would be a dope documentary

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

interesting

You wouldn't want to be sexually harassed in your workplace by a superior you had no attraction to though...

What was that Micheal Douglass movie about that?

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I can't think of any besides Eddie that I know had to be writing lots of shit. Chris Rock lasted for like 10 minutes and I believe he has said he really never got into the flow of things.

That would be an interesting article and interview...

How many black cast member have been on SNL...

And how have they done since?

Hell that would be a dope documentary

naijachief

Son of Community
BGOL Investor
Ego....means money in Igbo (Nigerian). I'm pretty sure Ego is a shorter version of her full first name. I will be supporting her efforts!!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Last night, all of Twitter was lit aflame with Saturday Night Live talk. Everyone seemed to have their eyes on it. It even appeared to have a direct effect on stock prices. We assume all of this hubbub was because of one thing that made last night’s episode different: Ego Nwodim’s hilarious new character, “Pauline, a weary mother in her darkest hour.” Pegged to the reopening of Disneyland after over a year of pandemic closure, Nwodim plays the sort of parent at the end of their rope that you’re wont to see at the theme park, with operatic exasperation. Pauline recounts how she “stood in line for two hours at Splash Mountain so I could sit my haggard ass in a log flume, only to have that very flume break down,” and have her pants soaked with “foul Disney water.” From directly addressing the ride as “Mr. Splash Mountain” to describing how her ingrate kids want Mickey Mouse to be their mommy, the beauty of Nwodim’s Weekend Update character is in the absurd details and the absolute despair with which she shares them. Add to that a third act plot twist where she reveals that Michael Che is the absent father of her son, “Che Jr. Che,” and you have a perfect Mother’s Day character. “That park ain’t right, Michael.”​

Race Harley

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Last night, all of Twitter was lit aflame with Saturday Night Live talk. Everyone seemed to have their eyes on it. It even appeared to have a direct effect on stock prices. We assume all of this hubbub was because of one thing that made last night’s episode different: Ego Nwodim’s hilarious new character, “Pauline, a weary mother in her darkest hour.” Pegged to the reopening of Disneyland after over a year of pandemic closure, Nwodim plays the sort of parent at the end of their rope that you’re wont to see at the theme park, with operatic exasperation. Pauline recounts how she “stood in line for two hours at Splash Mountain so I could sit my haggard ass in a log flume, only to have that very flume break down,” and have her pants soaked with “foul Disney water.” From directly addressing the ride as “Mr. Splash Mountain” to describing how her ingrate kids want Mickey Mouse to be their mommy, the beauty of Nwodim’s Weekend Update character is in the absurd details and the absolute despair with which she shares them. Add to that a third act plot twist where she reveals that Michael Che is the absent father of her son, “Che Jr. Che,” and you have a perfect Mother’s Day character. “That park ain’t right, Michael.”​

All these years later with all these new players, the show still suck balls. This particular skit on "Weekend Update" was garbage, and "Weekend Update" is the only saving grace on the program.