New mid engine C8 Corvette (Mane,Listen!)

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
That photo is running on all the major car sites. Someone took a photo with their phone while it was on the line. That someone will get caught, get fired, and sued into the next century by GM. That is an official look at the rear of the car.

and they took that shit because they know how hideous that shit is.

you could tell it had camaro lights even under the camo.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man I think all those pieces coming off. I believe they trying to make us think it’s going to look a certain way. And will they show the finish product people going to be blown away! Any word on the sticker price and availability? Cause my C7 is about to get traded in if this C8 looks better!
That’s what I want to believe. But why manufacture, paint and mount and entire assembly??! That bitch is ugly as fuck!!!! 8 more days before GM fucks the Corvette like a bad boob job! It’s getting trashed on every corvette site and thread.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Agreed. Trump will pardon them. I have the C7 Z06 with a clear title. May cop the NSX if this reveal is a fail.
That photo is running on all the major car sites. Someone took a photo with their phone while it was on the line. That someone will get caught, get fired, and sued into the next century by GM. That is an official look at the rear of the car.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is an alleged photo from a reveal photo shoot. I’m not convinced, but if so, it excuses that ugly ass rear end. But to me, the lines of the rear end don’t fit this possible leaked image of the car. It doesn’t match. Thoughts?

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is an alleged photo from a reveal photo shoot. I’m not convinced, but if so, it excuses that ugly ass rear end. But to me, the lines of the rear end don’t fit this possible leaked image of the car. It doesn’t match. Thoughts?

Front looks good not blown away though. Side and the rear is what I’m waiting for. Plus horsepower, how’s your Z06 racing a hellcat.. being though the hellcat weights 1200 pounds more?

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Front looks good not blown away though. Side and the rear is what I’m waiting for. Plus horsepower, how’s your Z06 racing a hellcat.. being though the hellcat weights 1200 pounds more?
I don’t race like that. I’ve smoked a few fools on freeways but nothing too serious. I will never take my car for granted being that I’ve lost control of it a couple times already. It’s no joke man. I’m running it to 70mph in 1st, then shift to 4th and over 100mph bro. Hellcat can catch me and pass me if I let off too much or we go for too long, but off the line or a rolling start I got it. I’m 3300 lbs curb weight.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So Chevy is moving away from the SBC to a DOHC configuration? how are Corvette purists taking this?

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So Chevy is moving away from the SBC to a DOHC configuration? how are Corvette purists taking this?
I'm sure the small block will still be an option. Probably on the base model, but DOHC is the way to go. That Blackwing V8 from Cadillac is not just going to sit there with only use in their cars.

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don’t race like that. I’ve smoked a few fools on freeways but nothing too serious. I will never take my car for granted being that I’ve lost control of it a couple times already. It’s no joke man. I’m running it to 70mph in 1st, then shift to 4th and over 100mph bro. Hellcat can catch me and pass me if I let off too much or we go for too long, but off the line or a rolling start I got it. I’m 3300 lbs curb weight.

Thanks man my boy got a hellcat Challenger, I drove it and for the life of me. I was thinking my z51 C7 feels quicker, or faster. I wasn’t impressed after swapping cars. But we never raced, I’m like you I’ve lost control coming off the exit ramp in a turn. Scared the shit out me, caught a nice fishtail been chilling ever since!

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Sigh...
I really want to like this car.

I REALLY want to.

But I’m already somewhat turned off by the exterior design. It feels like a less refined Lamborghini design study reject that was mixed in a blender with the new NSX.

Weird creases and hard lines, obtuse angles and long flat panels that will show every bit of orange peel in GM’s typical meh factory paint jobs.

And I know the interior is going to be loaded with that cheap feeling synthetic pleather, vinyl and plastic GM is know for and none of the controls will have the nicely weighted feel and positive engagement associated with premium vehicles.

The C6 Vette exterior design hit a perfect blend of performance and sexy without trying hard. This whole thing looks forced.

I like the design but that shitty ass paint job in that first pic is horrible. That they need never do that again.

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks man my boy got a hellcat Challenger, I drove it and for the life of me. I was thinking my z51 C7 feels quicker, or faster. I wasn’t impressed after swapping cars. But we never raced, I’m like you I’ve lost control coming off the exit ramp in a turn. Scared the shit out me, caught a nice fishtail been chilling ever since!
the dodge is light in the ass that it sould be for a muscle car but if your looking for a fast but affordable car that handles the mustang is where its at..
its heavy in the rear and better traction the car handles like a m-f...im a racer and weight matters for different circumstances...

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the dodge is light in the ass that it sould be for a muscle car but if your looking for a fast but affordable car that handles the mustang is where its at..
its heavy in the rear and better traction the car handles like a m-f...im a racer and weight matters for different circumstances...

Man then dodges are heavy straight line boats, straight line muscle. The camaros and mustangs are not traditional muscle anymore since the handling are now on par with sports cars. They are what 3600 to 3800 pound cars, dodges are easily over 4000

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
I like the design but that shitty ass paint job in that first pic is horrible. That they need never do that again.
That is every GM car. GM has some of the worst paint jobs up any mass production manufacture. At best I would put them above Subaru.

Even the Cadillac line uses cheap paint and comes off the factory line with flaws and orange peel galore.

The only exception is they are pearl whites, which are very good

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
If the weight isn't around 3,200 lbs & dual clutch. They can hang it up!

C6 ZR1 was the last beast
The new generation of automatic transmissions are now better than dual clutch.
They can handle more power, they can shift almost as fast, the are far less complicated, and easier to package

If you look at the industry over the past five years, you’ll notice double clutch is losing favor to more traditional, but the new highly advanced A/Ts.

This is only going to continue. Double clutch will be phased out over the next 10 years.

They’re nowhere near the old slush boxes they were even 10 years ago

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The new generation of automatic transmissions are now better than dual clutch.
They can handle more power, they can shift almost as fast, the are far less complicated, and easier to package

If you look at the industry over the past five years, you’ll notice double clutch is losing favor to more traditional, but the new highly advanced A/Ts.

This is only going to continue. Double clutch will be phased out over the next 10 years.

They’re nowhere near the old slush boxes they were even 10 years ago

I bet the C8 will come with a dual clutch

Maybe a 10 speed is better, but I'm sure it will have a DCT

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
Man then dodges are heavy straight line boats, straight line muscle. The camaros and mustangs are not traditional muscle anymore since the handling are now on par with sports cars. They are what 3600 to 3800 pound cars, dodges are easily over 4000

Challenger ranges from 4190 to 4448

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Chevy dropped an official photo of the steering wheel, although it's the pretty much the same as in the spy shot above.

2020-zerv-pre-reveal-c8-1562954683.jpg

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Chevy dropped an official photo of the steering wheel, although it's the pretty much the same as in the spy shot above.

I like it. There are a few more spy shots that show a lot of the fake parts in clearer frame. They entire front nose Clíp appears to be much different. The side air vents are exaggerated too. I think the hood had a hidden air vent.

Heist

Rising Star
Registered

I’m ok with the flat bottom shape, but I feel like the overall diameter is too larger and those cheap GM buttons and plastics make me ugh.

Why can’t GM improve the quality of their plastic and molding to at least Kia standard.

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wondering if the roof comes off and where would it go? I’m assuming the trunk is in the front now?

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I’m ok with the flat bottom shape, but I feel like the overall diameter is too larger and those cheap GM buttons and plastics make me ugh.

Why can’t GM improve the quality of their plastic and molding to at least Kia standard.

I never understood their logic. That saving a couple of cents mentality almost drive them out of business. After owning a Chevy equinox, I will not buy any gm mass market car, except a zl1, zo6, or cts-v

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
Wondering if the roof comes off and where would it go? I’m assuming the trunk is in the front now?
Some mid engine vehicles have the ability to store the panels in the trunk if the engine is truly mid-ship. I would suspect because Corvette still needs to appeal the the 50+, I golf on weekends and in my retirement crowd, the trunk has enough room for a set of clubs which would be enough for the tops. If not, in the frunk they would go.

I never understood their logic. That saving a couple of cents mentality almost drive them out of business. After owning a Chevy equinox, I will not buy any gm mass market car, except a zl1, zo6, or cts-v

You had an Equinox. My condolences. I read those things were utter shit. Engine oil consumption problems galore leading to complete failure. No way to avoid a total rebuild or replacement which because of pure innate design flaws, meant the same thing would happen

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Some mid engine vehicles have the ability to store the panels in the trunk if the engine is truly mid-ship. I would suspect because Corvette still needs to appeal the the 50+, I golf on weekends and in my retirement crowd, the trunk has enough room for a set of clubs which would be enough for the tops. If not, in the frunk they would go.

You had an Equinox. My condolences. I read those things were utter shit. Engine oil consumption problems galore leading to complete failure. No way to avoid a total rebuild or replacement which because of pure innate design flaws, meant the same thing would happen
Tranny went, fixed that and 3 weeks later the engine died. I traded it in for my grand Cherokees, and no lie...the engine died on the lot. I didn't think they would take it, but the salesman didn't care. He said they were sending it to the auction

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
Tranny went, fixed that and 3 weeks later the engine died. I traded it in for my grand Cherokees, and no lie...the engine died on the lot. I didn't think they would take it, but the salesman didn't care. He said they were sending it to the auction
Oh shit man, you went from into the frying pan to into the fire by getting an FCA product.
Fiat/Chrysler products, with maybe the exception of the Wrangler because it's so crude, are unreliable, issue plague JUNK.
The Demons for instance were blowing up their transmissions during launches. You would think that would be the one thing FCA would double reinforce. Jeep, 10 speed transmission and electrical issue. Chrysler, engine and trans issues.
Shit fit and finish. Cars leaving the factory with subframes out of alignment.
Issue ... after issue ... after issue.
You couldn't pay me to take a FCA product. Maserati all the way down the Fiat and Chrysler. Keep em.

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Oh shit man, you went from into the frying pan to into the fire by getting an FCA product.
Fiat/Chrysler products, with maybe the exception of the Wrangler because it's so crude, are unreliable, issue plague JUNK.
The Demons for instance were blowing up their transmissions during launches. You would think that would be the one thing FCA would double reinforce. Jeep, 10 speed transmission and electrical issue. Chrysler, engine and trans issues.
Shit fit and finish. Cars leaving the factory with subframes out of alignment.
Issue ... after issue ... after issue.
You couldn't pay me to take a FCA product. Maserati all the way down the Fiat and Chrysler. Keep em.
So far the grand Cherokee has been great. I need the space for DJ equipment. Never left me stranded, and every other truck in NY is a Grand Cherokee...plus it is a beast in the snow

nworba

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This car is going get slammed with negative reviews on the looks.

Square exhaust tips, lights from a Camaro. Will have to see what the car looks like when they unveil it, but from all I've seen, it's not going to be good.
C7 is ugly too!