New 2nd Stimulus Package Updates

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
They could have been figuring this shit out from the moment they gave the last check
The Democrats have a bill waiting to be passed just for this moment but Mitch McConnell just have it sitting up there on his desk not doing anything. But within the last few days they got a little fire under their ass because the unemployment numbers went up.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It comes from the same place the income limit coms from. I don't understand why the income limit and the amount isn't adjusted for the state/region where one lives.
I can guess one reason. Blue states tend to have higher costs of living. If they follow your model, the red states are going to be crying about how the blue states are getting so much more money. Of course, the repubs are going to bitch about it also to make themselves look good for their base. Meanwhile, their base is too fucking stupid to ask why are regular folk getting nickeled and dimed while businesses that got monster tax breaks just a couple of years ago are getting so much free/low interest loans during this period. As long as those liberals aren't getting free stuff...

easy_b

BGOL Investor
I can guess one reason. Blue states tend to have higher costs of living. If they follow your model, the red states are going to be crying about how the blue states are getting so much more money. Of course, the repubs are going to bitch about it also to make themselves look good for their base. Meanwhile, their base is too fucking stupid to ask why are regular folk getting nickeled and dimed while businesses that got monster tax breaks just a couple of years ago are getting so much free/low interest loans during this period. As long as those liberals aren't getting free stuff...
And also tell people the reason why blue states get more money because there’s more people there.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
They could have been figuring this shit out from the moment they gave the last check
Republikkklans don’t want to give anything . They just feel pressure to not look like complete careless devils. Some Wisconsin Republikkklan senator said people don’t need anymore money. The nerve of these out of touch honkies who get paid 200k and are always on recess

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
That stimulus check amount is the bare minimum they want to give us and that's coming from both parties, the $600 extra unemployment benefit has made for a economy boast (people being able to pay bills and have extra to spend). A lot of people are about to loss their jobs due to re-closings hell the airline industry is talking about 95,000 to 105,000 people losing their jobs. It's a election year they have to decide between big money donors or the people that are voting for them.

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People who have been working shouldn't get a check. They should be tax exempt from every essential hour worked.

How do you set that threshold though? My wife has technically been working but making about 20% of her normal income since schools went virtual. The district she contracts for doesn't have funds to distribute laptops so alot of kids can't attend meetings with her for therapy.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
I was able to get the first stimulus because I had not filed my 2019 taxes. Now that I have filed, I will not qualify based on income. Does anyone know if I would still be able to get the dependent benefit or is it an all or nothing situation?
Fyi the limit is based on the adjusted gross income and not gross income.

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Payouts will be the same last time?

Single $1200
Married $2400
Married w/ 2 kids $3400

Married but your wife is undocumented immigrant $0 :dunno:
Single but owe money to IRS or owe Child support $0

Owe Back Child Support? Your Stimulus Check May Not Be on Its Way
https://gravislaw.com/owe-back-child-support-your-stimulus-check-may-not-be-on-its-way/

Some 1.2 million Americans won't get stimulus checks because they're married to immigrants
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/12-...s-checks-married-immigrants/story?id=70493620

Last edited:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
No this is why the GOP are shitty when it comes to helping regular people this is what you get from that party especially if it’s something to do with money. If these GOP assholes had Their way that wouldn’t be any unemployment insurance in this country.

The democrats aren't any better.
The dems are always like well its the GOP that's why we can't help
but when the Dems control the house and senate they're bending over BACKWARDS to work with the GOP to come to a common ground

The democrats don't care about saving us as much as the GOP cares about destroying us.

period.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
but when the Dems control the house and senate they're bending over BACKWARDS to work with the GOP to come to a common ground

The democrats don't care about saving us as much as the GOP cares about destroying us.

period.
Bullshit don’t start this both parties is the same bullshit I don’t want to hear it especially what’s going on right now. If it wasn’t for the Democrats people would not get the $1200 nor the $600 with their unemployment check from the state.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered

period.

Uh oh

lol

BKF

Rising Star
Registered

period.
The truth is the dems tend to represent the poor. You have a lot of people who are receiving assistance already (e.g. section 8 housing/vouchers/food) and they will also receive this stimulus check). The Republicans tend to represent the wealthy folks and big business. Well those folks have gotten there's and will continue. Yet no one truly represent for those caught in the middle.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Bullshit don’t start this both parties is the same bullshit I don’t want to hear it especially what’s going on right now. If it wasn’t for the Democrats people would not get the $1200 nor the $600 with their unemployment check from the state.

Fuck out of here
You made the leap to both parties are the same not me
you projected that shit out there. Take a minute to read what I said before you go off on your tangents

1 side is clearly out to destroy us. which i said.
the other side that is out to save us doesn't care enough about saving us nearly as much as the side that is trying to destroy us

explain to me how that equals both parties are the same?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Uh oh

lol

It's true. I'm a dem I vote dem going to vote dem have voted dem

When the GOP wants something they take it
When the dems want something they want to do it the "right way"

1 gets results
1 sometimes gets results but not after a ton of compromise

Why the fuck wouldn't they want to save us and the country as hard as trump wants to destroy it?

Why is there a haggle and discussion about how we can help americans out
but the proposal to cut 10% of the military budget was STRUCK DOWN almost unanimously?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
The truth is the dems tend to represent the poor. You have a lot of people who are receiving assistance already (e.g. section 8 housing/vouchers/food) and they will also receive this stimulus check). The Republicans tend to represent the wealthy folks and big business. Well those folks have gotten there's and will continue. Yet no one truly represent for those caught in the middle.

It's not about rich or poor its about right or wrong.
It's not even about class
it's about the country.
save the country. fight for the country. don't compromise for the morally bankrupt party that has sworn allegiance to a dictator.
don't be scared to say the shit out loud.

They'll wear dashiki's but not force anyone to do shit

its literally been MONTHS
lol

conspiracy_brotha

Woke as fuck
BGOL Investor
Ill be the uncle tom who says this but under Obama when there was a recession i never got a stimulus check. Instead obama pushed that affordable Healthcare act scam which basically put a gun to my head to buy a plan or pay a $1200 fee. Under free money Trump i got free money for my business and two stimulus checks. This nigga gonna fuck around and have me vote republican for the first time in my life.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Ill be the uncle tom who says this but under Obama when there was a recession i never got a stimulus check. Instead obama pushed that affordable Healthcare act scam which basically put a gun to my head to buy a plan or pay a $1200 fee. Under free money Trump i got free money for my business and two stimulus checks.
Are you kidding me with this post? Obama didn’t deal with anything close to what we have happening. Obama came in when the country was already fucked and created 15 million jobs so he wouldn’t need to give out money WTF

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Ill be the uncle tom who says this but under Obama when there was a recession i never got a stimulus check. Instead obama pushed that affordable Healthcare act scam which basically put a gun to my head to buy a plan or pay a $1200 fee. Under free money Trump i got free money for my business and two stimulus checks. This nigga gonna fuck around and have me vote republican for the first time in my life.
Ok Trump...

Raeeb7

Rising Star
Registered
I'm no mathematician but her working even at 20 percent tax free would add up to more than 2 random checks sent in the mail.
How do you set that threshold though? My wife has technically been working but making about 20% of her normal income since schools went virtual. The district she contracts for doesn't have funds to distribute laptops so alot of kids can't attend meetings with her for therapy.

Cut payroll tax for workers at least till the end of the year at least. Then like you said give a refund when you file for the hours worked during the lockdown.

When you start telling people stay at home and depend on the government. They will keep doing it.
Let one of ya people's come stay with you for free and give them a weekly allowance. Now try and kick them out after 8 months.

The taxes already been taken out for those essential jobs unless you're self employed so how does that benefit them not getting a check?
they wait to get that money back like a refund next year?

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
It's true. I'm a dem I vote dem going to vote dem have voted dem

When the GOP wants something they take it
When the dems want something they want to do it the "right way"

1 gets results
1 sometimes gets results but not after a ton of compromise

Why the fuck wouldn't they want to save us and the country as hard as trump wants to destroy it?

Why is there a haggle and discussion about how we can help americans out
but the proposal to cut 10% of the military budget was STRUCK DOWN almost unanimously?

I agree

The dems are to likely to try and reach across party lines to get something done

not the GOP

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I'm no mathematician but her working even at 20 percent tax free would add up to more than 2 random checks sent in the mail.

Cut payroll tax for workers at least till the end of the year at least. Then like you said give a refund when you file for the hours worked during the lockdown.

When you start telling people stay at home and depend on the government. They will keep doing it.
Let one of ya people's come stay with you for free and give them a weekly allowance. Now try and kick them out after 8 months.

Nah the problem is they make more from unemployment than when they were working

We have to stay at home to stop a deadly virus dude.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

the check is because things are CLOSED
lol
what part of that don't you get?

there is a virus outside that if contracted can make your life a living hell.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Fuck out of here
You made the leap to both parties are the same not me
you projected that shit out there. Take a minute to read what I said before you go off on your tangents

1 side is clearly out to destroy us. which i said.
the other side that is out to save us doesn't care enough about saving us nearly as much as the side that is trying to destroy us

explain to me how that equals both parties are the same?
You basically said in your comment in so many words that both parties are the same and you are incorrect.....that’s how I interpret your comment above.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
You basically said in your comment in so many words that both parties are the same and you are incorrect.....that’s how I interpret your comment above.

NO...I.... Didn't

the words "basically" and "in so many words" is where you're wrong.
I don't do so many words. I do what I said and what I said is that they don't care enough about saving us as much as the GOP cares about destroying us.

Then you come in and say I'm incorrect about some shit I didn't say lol
I'm incorrect behind something you made up based on your own projections lol

Don't be like the GOP this is what they do.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
NO...I.... Didn't

I don't do so many words. I do what I said and what I said is that they don't care enough about saving us as much as the GOP cares about destroying us.

Well you need to make your comments a little more clearer for people like me to understand because your tone and your words sounded like you wanted to use the both parties are the same analogy and that is not the case right now.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
NO...I.... Didn't

You stated that the dems aren't any better, which would mean they are the same.