Netflix: Wednesday w/ Jenna Ortega (Addams Family spin off dir. Tim Burton) Update: #metoo Xavier dropped!

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I'm a big Addams Family fan. Munsters too( I actaully enjoyed the new one). The 90s ones did a great job staying true while bringing new twists. Hope this does the same. Put this on in the background while I finish season 2 of NBA2k23.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Good indicator of a show these days is when fans like something more than rotten tomato critics. :lol:

All in all, I found it enjoyable, but I'm a HUGE Addams family fan and will watch anything related. Wednesday can now fight like Buffy, but still is Wednesday for the most part.

Some might be worried because it's on Netflix(and rightfully so), but Netflix is getting backlash because the bullies are black. And even though one character has 2 moms not enough alphabet representation. So people worried about having to sit through Netflix overdoing it with their weirdo alphabet shit, don't have to be.

People who just want to be entertained will probably like(or tolerate) the show even with Wednesday now being a Mary Sue. Enough Addams vibes still remain. Could have kept her smart and a capable fighter, not OP, but it's Netflix. They even mention the patriarchy. It's Netflix. And for a Netflix production, just not being too weird is a win. :dunno:

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
hmm.... I can't see Luis G. playing Gomez. Like him as a character actor and all, but this particular character. Will check it out though.

Luis Guzmán is to Hells Kitchen NYC to play Gomez. Luis will always be Pachanga from Carlitos Way to me.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Good indicator of a show these days is when fans like something more than rotten tomato critics. :lol:

All in all, I found it enjoyable, but I'm a HUGE Addams family fan and will watch anything related. Wednesday can now fight like Buffy, but still is Wednesday for the most part.

Some might be worried because it's on Netflix(and rightfully so), but Netflix is getting backlash because the bullies are black. And even though one character has 2 moms not enough alphabet representation. So people worried about having to sit through Netflix overdoing it with their weirdo alphabet shit, don't have to be.

People who just want to be entertained will probably like(or tolerate) the show even with Wednesday now being a Mary Sue. Enough Addams vibes still remain. Could have kept her smart and a capable fighter, not OP, but it's Netflix. They even mention the patriarchy. It's Netflix. And for a Netflix production, just not being too weird is a win. :dunno:

If,a movie or show don't have a lot of gay characters in it;folks will criticize it for the lack of representation. I don't understand,why every show or movie gotta have gay characters in everything. It makes no fucking sense at all.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
If,a movie or show don't have a lot of gay characters in it;folks will criticize it for the lack of representation. I don't understand,why every show or movie gotta have gay characters in everything. It makes no fucking sense at all.
Like I said, they mad because Wednesday wasn't gay for her roommate.

The propaganda line is 'gay people exist". Well, no shit. So do people in wheelchairs, deaf people, blind people, ex-felons, little people, amputees, obese people, etc. They don't stick them in every production do they?

No gay characters in the show.
Did you even watch the show? One of the main characters had 2 moms. It's a fucking netflix show. Gay characters are going to be in it. Still wasn't enough since there are actual articles accusing the show of 'queer baiting'.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Like I said, they mad because Wednesday wasn't gay for her roommate.

The propaganda line is 'gay people exist". Well, no shit. So do people in wheelchairs, deaf people, blind people, ex-felons, little people, amputees, obese people, etc. They don't stick them in every production do they?

Did you even watch the show? One of the main characters had 2 moms. It's a fucking netflix show. Gay characters are going to be in it. Still wasn't enough since there are actual articles accusing the show of 'queer baiting'.

You mean the one episode when they had the parents day and they showed them for like 2 seconds, really fam, is that your gay agenda?

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
You mean the one episode when they had the parents day and they showed them for like 2 seconds, really fam, is that your gay agenda?
So why did they go out the way to mention he had 2 moms in the hospital? Just stop the devil advocates routine already. Look at the bullshit over this show. As if Wednesday and the girl can't be friends. But hey, no gay agenda. No pressure on writers to force shit into the show. Nothing to see here.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There's a movie with her and Liam Neeson set on a funeral home, and she's naked pretty much the whole flick.
She can look odd as fuck, but sometimes.....

That sexy librarian / teacher look for Christina Ricci further down in the pics is working for me ...

63267947-11295887-A_tricky_uncle_Fred_Armisen_has_been_cast_as_Uncle_Fester_in_Net-a-1_1665296014860.jpg
63267953-11295887-Major_The_announcement_was_made_official_on_Vanity_Fairs_Instagr-a-3_1665296014959.jpg
63268159-11295887-Playing_the_funcle_He_s_a_mix_of_being_a_weirdo_and_he_also_seem-a-2_1665296014873.jpg
63268131-11295887-All_star_cast_The_show_will_star_Ortega_as_title_character_along-a-6_1665296015125.jpg
63268115-11295887-Cameo_Christina_Ricci_will_co_star_alongside_Armisen_who_will_pl-a-8_1665296015178.jpg
63268117-11295887-Icon_Ricci_famously_played_the_role_of_Wednesday_Addams_in_the_H-a-9_1665296015219.jpg