Netflix Series: Black Summer: Season 2 Discussion (Netflix's Walking Dead) (drops 6/17/21)

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Netflix Series: Black Summer: Season 1

Set in the dark, early days of a zombie apocalypse, BLACK SUMMER stars Jaime King as Rose, a mother torn from her daughter who embarks upon a harrowing journey to find her. Thrust alongside a small group of American refugees, these complete strangers must find the strength they need to fight their way back to loved ones. But in order for Rose and her team to brave this hostile new world, they will need to make brutal decisions to contend with zombies - and each other. Season 1 of Black Summer premieres April 11 on Netflix!

Eclipse99

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks for the update. Seems like you are on top with these Netflix series and movies.

Just got through watching Unsolved. Was pretty good and better than I expected. Looking to benge watch some shit while I'm working from home this week and next... do you have any good recommendations?..

I tried watching Umbrella Academy but it didnt really keep my interest after the 1st 2 episodes.

mathtest

Rising Star
OG Investor
Thanks for the update. Seems like you are on top with these Netflix series and movies.

Just got through watching Unsolved. Was pretty good and better than I expected. Looking to benge watch some shit while I'm working from home this week and next... do you have any good recommendations?..

I tried watching Umbrella Academy but it didnt really keep my interest after the 1st 2 episodes.
besides some cheesy moments tht unsolved shit was good

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Looks good, they taking it back to the fundamentals

FYI....Netflix has another Zombie series called “Kingdom”.

It’s based in Mediviel Korea. It’s a good series, check it out. It debuted this January.

KINGDOM_KingsCourtFull_PRE_Horizontal_US.jpg

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

LOl... i'm on youtube alot... while at work.

I would recommend finishing out Umbrella Academy I liked it.

like said above... Kingdom is nice.

I would also recommend You, Bodyguard....Sex Education..

and this shit..

IMMORTALS..

I'll probably make a thread for it soon..

I also like the Protector so far... Only watched the first episode but it caught my attention.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Man, there is nothing that freaks me out more than zombies fucking running at a dead sprint!

:giggle:

Looks good, they taking it back to the fundamentals

FYI....Netflix has another Zombie series called “Kingdom”.

It’s based in Mediviel Korea. It’s a good series, check it out. It debuted this January.

KINGDOM_KingsCourtFull_PRE_Horizontal_US.jpg

Yeah I watched this awhile back it is pretty good. :yes: Binged it.

Also check out Monstrum another Korean joint set in the same time.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
This that Z-nation prequel. They referenced black summer a number of times. Hope they do it right. No way in a world where the dead rise should there ever be a boring episode.

Eclipse99

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LOl... i'm on youtube alot... while at work.

I would recommend finishing out Umbrella Academy I liked it.

like said above... Kingdom is nice.

I would also recommend You, Bodyguard....Sex Education..

and this shit..

IMMORTALS..

I'll probably make a thread for it soon..

I also like the Protector so far... Only watched the first episode but it caught my attention.

Okay preciate it. Will try and finish up the umbrella academy. Just heard mix reviews of it.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Looks good, I like the aggressive Zombies better, makes the escape scenes more intense and thrilling like 28 days later. The freshly turned zombie with all the mobility and strength of a healthy human.
Fast zombies? Wtf man

:fuckyousay:

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Just finished it. Enjoyed it while I was watching it, now that it's finished I'm like WTF?

First, the writers thought they were slick by naming the black characters Spears. They crammed in every single zombie movie cliche short of a survivor cop and a shopping mall.

The worst part is that it's supposed to take place somewhere in the Southwest and you can clearly tell it's filmed in Canada. The "American" soldiers sound like they should be hanging out with Ricky and Julian. Lance even picks up a box of shreddies cereal at one point.

The action is great, the tension is superb, continuity is shitty (keep an eye on Lance's right hand) and the plot makes no sense. the ending seems like it was written on the back of a napkin 5 minutes before the deadline.

Oh yeah, this show has nothing to do with z Nation at all.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
:giggle:

Yeah man these ain’t your average run of the mill slow creeping pussyfoot ass zombies. These zombies want all the smoke. Usain Bolt Zombies gonna have to earn your escape. lol

Man z nation and the walking dead all in one!! Shit is pretty decent......

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
Just got a notification for this in my email. I’m gonna check it out

THE GRANDJURY

Rising Star
Registered
After first episode, I'm liking it already more then The Walking Dead. Just hope they stay away from TWD formula of using a entire episode for bullshit fluff. It appears in this series you go from normal to zombie almost instantly. Keep it all suspense and action.

Last edited: