Netflix': OUTSIDE THE WIRE Official Trailer (2021) Anthony Mackie, Damson Idris

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
I like war movies in general, so was happy to catch it and enjoyed Damson Idris. Anthony Mackie, not so much. I liked the concept of a drone pilot being dragged out of Vegas and safety and put into the real shooting, especially having to face guys that think he fucked them over. At a point, though, it looked John Wickish with all the shooting and bodies dropping. People get killed in war, but not like that. Sci Fi was fun and could have been expanded. Btw, that white girl that played Sofia is fine. And the chick in the picture that Franklin had could’ve made an appearance and I’d love it. All in all, I give it a B-

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
This movie is Russian propaganda. Other than that it’s a good movie. However, the message is Russian propaganda as long as you know it. Hearts and minds.

djkidrich

τђë κïd fяºm qµęęñ§
Certified Pussy Poster
Netflix is bringing the HEAT!!

Mackie heard you mfkrs and said he got this!

Outside the Wire (2021)

In the near future, a drone pilot sent into a war zone finds himself paired with a top-secret android officer on a mission to stop a nuclear attack.

Extended trailer

:yes:

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
This review may contain spoilers

This was basically like a Sci-fi version of Training Day. A good action flick, great cinematography, good gunplay, solid movie pacing and solid plot twist Anthony Mackie did his thing on this one.

Some criticism about the story. I will say from the beginning something was off about this movie, the way the lead character relates and spoke to other characters was odd, almost like he was forgetting lines of dialogue. It was hard to read him emotionally and his emotional timing was out of sync just didn’t flow the way it was supposed to with the rest of the characters. I guess he was supposed to be some cold arrogant drone pilot. For that Damson Idris missed the mark for me with his acting and Anthony Mackie carried the acting in this one for me.

Also I get that Harps reassignment was supposed to be some form of disciplinary action but I never felt that way the whole movie. Former drone pilot behind the 8-ball but your assigning me to Captain Leo this elite fighting machine for the Marines, I guess ok. Yeah I know he was “chose” but still... It didn’t feel like he lost any privilege.

Captain Leo kept mentioning that Harp was chose because he thinks outside the box like there was a deeper meaning to why he was selected because he chose to sacrifice two men to save 38 others. Like somehow that made him more special than any others. Idk so I guess he was supposed to be sympathetic to Captain Leo’s ideology because of that one instance. I guess that was supposed to be the arch for his character development that and him saving a few people but I never really felt his characters redemption even by the end.

I get it, the trope of trying to paint the bad guys ideology as the correct one but I think they dropped the ball in execution. After his ideology was revealed and the truth came out it’s like nothing even mattered after that because Leo is bad and has to be taken out even if he is correct. So the US just continues advancing the war and killing innocents for years to come was somehow a better ending than what Captain Leo was gonna do, because it’s America and America is always right even if it’s wrong. We just get left with empty promises of, “Not if we do it my way” and “People will learn to change.” Like that was supposed to really ease our concern that one day US will stop war mongering in other countries. lol Yeah Captain Leo was being used but he wasn’t the only robot they got plenty more.

Even the development of Captain Leo’s motivations were suspect, for him to be a rogue cyborg that is much smarter and faster and stronger his plan wasn’t any different than typical bad guys, just blow up one side of the world that’ll solve everything. How original. Like that’s all you could think of with your cyborg thoughts.

I’ve typed too much already. Enough of my criticisms. I just hold any genre to high standards even action movies it ain’t just about the killing and blowing shit up to me. I mean shit I’m giving you an hour + of my time it better be somewhat good.

The movie is a good sci-fi action flick, and worth a watch and it’s always dope to see Black male leads head the movie to the end. I appreciate that for real. Hope to see more like it.

saundman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Movie was OK until the ending.

Wifey didn't like the ending also. Rated it up there with "How it ends"

What if the red head held him?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ok finished it.

Did NOT like the ending.

but it was good not bad enjoyable

which is OK by me

cause they paying Adam Sandler three times as much to regular drop some rancid crap on the reg.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I like war movies in general, so was happy to catch it and enjoyed Damson Idris. Anthony Mackie, not so much. I liked the concept of a drone pilot being dragged out of Vegas and safety and put into the real shooting, especially having to face guys that think he fucked them over. At a point, though, it looked John Wickish with all the shooting and bodies dropping. People get killed in war, but not like that. Sci Fi was fun and could have been expanded. Btw, that white girl that played Sofia is fine. And the chick in the picture that Franklin had could’ve made an appearance and I’d love it. All in all, I give it a B-
Thanks. I started to watch but fell asleep. Nothing related to the quality of the flick.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
So was Mackie reasoning for launching the nukes to destroy mankind?

Naw he wanted to destroy his creators in the US to end the autonomous robot program because they were using him to continue warring in other countries.

Koval was trying to bomb the US because he wanted to prove the US “greater good“ morality only applies to other people.