NBA Debate: Jordan is the best player ever except Bird was a better passer, shooter and rebounder

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Jordan is the best player ever except Bird was a better passer, shooter and rebounder.

- Craig Kilborn

Thoughts?

latest

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
didn't magic tell bird to shutdafuckup and literally say bird you're real good i'm real good but that jordan dude is great... and bird actually shutdafucup and agreed even though he hated jordan on the low... that discussion has been brought up so many times

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Here we go.
You couldn't slip a playing card under Bird's feet when he "jumped" and he played D like he had on cement sneakers. Plus he chopped the shit out of people but because he was the great white bird, well, you know the rest.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here we go.
You couldn't slip a playing card under Bird's feet when he "jumped" and he played D like he had on cement sneakers. Plus he chopped the shit out of people but because he was the great white bird, well, you know the rest.

Bird wasn't athletic, but he was ice cold. Race be damned. He wasn't in Jordans galaxy. But he wasn't just good for a white dude. Dude was just nice... Before he hurt his back.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Bird wasn't athletic, but he was ice cold. Race be damned. He wasn't in Jordans galaxy. But he wasn't just good for a white dude. Dude was just nice... Before he hurt his back.
averaged a double double.. averaged like 7 assist a game...could shoot your lights out pass the ball was dangerous from anywhere on the floor.. dude wasn't juss a great white hype he was a cold ass white boy

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
If they want to play the game of isolating individual skill sets, then Jordan becomes exponentially greater than Bird. FACT. As a matter of fact, didn't Jordan light up the Celtics for 61+ points which therefore led Bird to equating Jordan to God?

I swear white folks just can't face the fact that someone is better than them any anything.

Curtwalk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bird was a better long range shooter , but Jordan's midrange shooting was tops in the league,

Jordan took people off the dribble. Better

He played defense better.

He turn around on the post up was better

He got shots off in traffic better

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
When I first heard this my immediate reaction was bullsh*t

but we really gonna say Bird wasn't a BETTER shooter then MJ?

And I aint never heard people extolling MJ's PASSING?

But I would argue if we using the metric Kilborn is using...

then wouldn't Magic and Oscar be better than BOTH Bird and MJ?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Bird was a better long range shooter , but Jordan's midrange shooting was tops in the league,

Jordan took people off the dribble. Better

He played defense better.

He turn around on the post up was better

He got shots off in traffic better

facts

but I could actual maybe agree with Bird being a BETTER passer than MJ.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
averaged a double double.. averaged like 7 assist a game...could shoot your lights out pass the ball was dangerous from anywhere on the floor.. dude wasn't juss a great white hype he was a cold ass white boy

I say again, he wasnt athletic. But he was a great basketball player. Kinda like Paul Pierce in that his measurables wernt impressive, but at the end of the night you look up and and think. This muthafucka has 37 points and 8 boards. When did that happen???

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I say again, he wasnt athletic. But he was a great basketball player. Kinda like Paul Pierce in that his measurables wernt impressive, but at the end of the night you look up and and think. This muthafucka has 37 points and 8 boards. When did that happen???

good example

muckraker10021

Superstar *****
BGOL Investor
Peace,

Jordan was a better scorer, defender and winner.

Bird was definitely whiter though.

For Those Of Us Who Live In The Reality-Based World
JORDAN Is The GOAT of the modern era of the NBA
UNDISPUTED

Jordan_Career.jpg

Jordan_Career_01.png

Jordan_Career_022.jpg

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

1406558374_98099_full_1.jpg

1406558307_98100_full_1.jpg

09892_Lauren_D305_Marie_cgom1_23_123_134lo_1.jpg

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
For Those Of Us Who Live In The Reality-Based World
JORDAN Is The GOAT of the modern era of the NBA
UNDISPUTED

Jordan_Career.jpg

Jordan_Career_01.png

Jordan_Career_022.jpg

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Everything you posted involves ONLY scoring. And the fact that Jordan led the league in attempts more than anyone in history, he SHOULD'VE scored like that. He never led or came close in %. The original comment was Bird was a better passer, shooter, & rebounder. And if you post Jordan's stats in those areas, you'll see that statement is absolutely true. Also Kareem played in the "modern era" and his resume and accolades are more impressive than MJs.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everything you posted involves ONLY scoring. And the fact that Jordan led the league in attempts more than anyone in history, he SHOULD'VE scored like that. He never led or came close in %. The original comment was Bird was a better passer, shooter, & rebounder. And if you post Jordan's stats in those areas, you'll see that statement is absolutely true. Also Kareem played in the "modern era" and his resume and accolades are more impressive than MJs.
Jordan was a career 50% shooter tho

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
jordan also had defensive player of the yr award something u seem to always not mention..he also led the league in steals a few times.. see he can say he can play defense and actually show a stat of him leading the league in that category unlike some other players who claim to be great defenders but never lead the league in any defensive stat

Big Philly

Rising Star
Registered
Peace,

And I'd say that you can't count.
I know you were trying to be witty by hinting that Jordan has more championships. Winners are judged by chips but also by game winning plays. Jordan won more but didn't have near the competition Bird had. They changed the hard foul and hand checking rules specifically for Jordan to win. I'm not saying that Jordan wasn't a great winner, I'm saying that more goes into it than just championships. Plus a lot of guys have championships and were horrible winners. (Glen Robinson)

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I know you were trying to be witty by hinting that Jordan has more championships. Winners are judged by chips but also by game winning plays. Jordan won more but didn't have near the competition Bird had. They changed the hard foul and hand checking rules specifically for Jordan to win. I'm not saying that Jordan wasn't a great winner, I'm saying that more goes into it than just championships. Plus a lot of guys have championships and were horrible winners. (Glen Robinson)
dude jordan won 3 rings b4 the handchecking rule even went into effect..why do people always act like jordan won his first ring when rodman came to the bulls..handchecking was alive and well until like 94..i remember how people use to call that the dereck harper rule cause he was the master of catching steals off of handchecking people..they talked about it a lot once he came to the knicks..that's well into jordan getting his first few rings