NBA 2K20 (The Next Chapter)

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
The global NBA 2K20 release date is September 6th.

5d1a7a92a17d6c0f5b383a15-750-455.jpg

NBA 2K20 - Official Teaser Trailer

Pre-Order NBA 2K20 Standard Edition
In addition to the base game, both physical and digital Standard edition pre-orders of NBA 2K20 include:

• 5,000 Virtual Currency
  • 5,000 MyTEAM Points
  • 5 MyCAREER Skill Boosts
  • MyPLAYER Clothing Capsule
  • 10 MyTEAM League Packs (doled out one per week)
  • 5 MyTEAM Heat Check Packs (doled out one per week at the start of the NBA season)
Pre-Order NBA 2K20 Digital Deluxe edition
At time of publishing, the Digital Deluxe Edition is much less widely-available than either of the other two versions. In addition to the base game, pre-ordering the digital deluxe edition will also include:

• 35,000 Virtual Currency
  • 10,000 MyTEAM Points
  • 10 MyCAREER Skill Boosts
  • MyPLAYER Clothing Capsule
  • 10 MyTEAM League Packs (doled out one per week)
  • 10 MyTEAM Heat Check Packs (doled out one per week at the start of the NBA season)
  • 1 Sapphire MyTEAM Cover Athlete Card

NBA-2K20-Pre-Order-Bonuses.jpg

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
So the legends edition isn't going to have a Wade centered story mode focusing on his career. Just a more expensive copy of the game with a different cover and a bunch of preloaded vc.

Shit like this is why I skipped 2K last year. Remember when they actually used to try. Live wasn't a totally shit show last year either. 2K need to get back on their shit before Luve closes the gap anymore.

GAMBINO

Rising Star
OG Investor
The jury is still out on 2K20 for me. 2K19 annoyed me with the spam stealing, bump steals and offballing. So if those things arent addressed in 20 I'm gonna have to pass respectfully.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Yup just researched the game. Looks like this might be another year of me saying fuck 2k. But damn this season is going to be fire and Live commentary is shit. I tried Live last year and the gameplay so decent enough. But the presentation is still light years behind 2k.

The commentary track literally repeats itself like 6 times during a game. We talking about shit 2K stopped doing back in the PS3 and 360 days.

I just wish 2k put more effort into the single player modes. Everything is MyTeam/Park and VC centered. I don't really bang with any of those modes though. I actually used to really like the MyPlayer mode until it got ruined by VC and cringeworthy storylines.

And the legends editions are shit. Why can't we get a Wade career retrospective like we got back in the day with Jordan or the Lebron path to greatness. The only thing the 'legend' edition is giving you is a little extra VC and a Wade poster. For the extra price that some ole bullshit.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
Without the early access, pre-order bonuses ain't shit, unless you're into MyTeam.

Instead of spending $40 extra dollars on the Wade version, you can get like 150k VC, or 200k VC for $50.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Without the early access, pre-order bonuses ain't shit, unless you're into MyTeam.

Instead of spending $40 extra dollars on the Wade version, you can get like 150k VC, or 200k VC for $50.
I hate that that shit is even an option though. I want to buy a game for 50 to 60 dollars and then I'm done spending money on the game.
I know that's not how video games work anymore, but it still pisses me off.

2 ONE 3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hate that that shit is even an option though. I want to buy a game for 50 to 60 dollars and then I'm done spending money on the game.

Same here fam...

I REFUSED to buy vc on 2K19 and my nigga is still a 72 because I stopped playing that shit for months. I hate the fact that I gotta spend $50-70 on the game, but thats not it...I gotta then cop VC in order to barely be decent on the fuckin game... So in total they getting you for $100+ depending on how much vc you get

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered

I have a love (like)/hate thing about it.

Of course, I hate spending money, and avoid buying VC when I can help it. Grinding MyCareer, which you kinda have to do anyway, gets me most of the VC that I need. You just gotta know how to grind it.

But I understand, everybody ain't got time to grind. And there's a lot of people out there who will pay to catch-up to the grinders.

So I kinda understand why VC is necessary for the competition aspect of the game.

Because you can make the exact nigga you want to make for free in Create a Player for Season mode. But if you were able to make the nigga for free and bring him online to compete with other players who make all types of weird ass niggas, the online matches would be so tripped out. It creates a balance, a bit of realism.

I wish I was still just a Season mode nigga. If I wasn't a Park nigga, I wouldn't even buy the new game, just download an updated roster and put my created player in there somewhere, and go from there.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I have a love (like)/hate thing about it.

Of course, I hate spending money, and avoid buying VC when I can help it. Grinding MyCareer, which you kinda have to do anyway, gets me most of the VC that I need. You just gotta know how to grind it.

But I understand, everybody ain't got time to grind. And there's a lot of people out there who will pay to catch-up to the grinders.

So I kinda understand why VC is necessary for the competition aspect of the game.

Because you can make the exact nigga you want to make for free in Create a Player for Season mode. But if you were able to make the nigga for free and bring him online to compete with other players who make all types of weird ass niggas, the online matches would be so tripped out. It creates a balance, a bit of realism.

I wish I was still just a Season mode nigga. If I wasn't a Park nigga, I wouldn't even buy the new game, just download an updated roster and put my created player in there somewhere, and go from there.
I did that for 2k18. I skipped buying the game and just kept my 2k17 and downloaded roster updates. But I missed the new commentary. That's a key part of the reason why I love 2k's presentation over Live. The presentation makes it feel like you're watching an actual NBA game. So having the commentary still referring to stuff from a year ago made took something from the experience.

That's the only reason why I really want to buy 2k20. With all the free agency craziness this summer the new commentary should be amazing.

mariano42

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There's not much more graphically they can do current gen. They're tapped out. Other than adding more sweat what more can they do on more than 10 year old hardware?
Yup! And it's because of PS5.

Rumor is Sony already gave out dev kits to studios already to start working on next gen games for PS5. 2k20 and 2k21 will most likely be the last two ps4 games 2k will put 100 percent team effort into developing. This is why E3 was somewhat weak this year and popular games/sequels are silent. God of War 2 and spiderman 2, most likely for ps5.

And GTA6 is most likely PS6 also.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
I hope they fix the bugs in MyGM... They had good players retiring after two years, five year old getting drafted, players who would never age...

So many bugs that it felt like they didn't test it.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
I hope they fix the bugs in MyGM... They had good players retiring after two years, five year old getting drafted, players who would never age...

So many bugs that it felt like they didn't test it.

Oh, and a little competency from the opposing GMs would help.

Tune CPU Team Building
If you pay attention to how rival teams are building their rosters in MyGM or MyLeague, you’re likely going to stumble upon a fair number of roster imbalances. I know we’ve entered an era of “positionless basketball” but you don’t see a lot of real NBA rosters embracing this movement by signing four centers, a handful of power forwards, and a dramatically undermanned backcourt.
https://www.gameinformer.com/the-sports-desk/2019/06/04/the-nba-2k20-wishlist