Nathaniel ‘Rollo’ Taylor (‘Sanford & Son’) Dies at 80

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6764435/Nathaniel-Taylor-played-Rollo-Sanford-Son-dies.html

10508184-6764435-Nathaniel_Taylor_died_of_a_heart_attack_at_age_80_on_Wednesday_i-m-10_1551645431075.jpg
10528322-6764435-The_actor_was_best_known_for_his_role_as_Rollo_Lawson_the_street-a-2_1551647059354.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathaniel_Taylor_(actor)#Filmography

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathaniel_Taylor_(actor)#Personal_life_and_death

Taylor was friends with fellow actor Rocco Karega and Hip-Hop promoter Alonzo Williams.[6][10] He was married to Loretta until his death. Together, Taylor and Loretta had seven children.[4] After Taylor stopped acting, he opened a performing arts studio for young actors.[8][11] He is also survived by his six grandchildren, seven great-grandchildren, his brother (Eugene), and two sisters (Mary and Betty).[4][12]

On February 23, 2019, Taylor was rushed to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center after suffering from a heart attack.[5] He passed away from the complications of it on February 27, 2019.[12][13]

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Demond Wilson was a prick. He spoke at a small church I went to as a kid once. He said nothing but nasty things about Redd Foxx while he spoke. Over the years I just saw more and more that the dude had an asshole spirit in him.

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Demond Wilson was a prick. He spoke at a small church I went to as a kid once. He said nothing but nasty things about Redd Foxx while he spoke. Over the years I just saw more and more that the dude had an asshole spirit in him.
like what? :dunno:

Capo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You can tell that Demond Wilson was an asshole in the show. It just kinda came out that he was a weak dude. His character hated on his dad something terrible, but Nathaniel in that role wouldn't have come off the same weak way that Wilson did. I'm not surprised to hear that at all.

Rip Nathaniel. I really liked him. My favorite episode was when they gre the weed in the yard. He had a great plan to get rid of it.

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Marlene Clark, Sanford and Son Star, Dies at 85​

Ganja & Hess star Marlene Clark died on the same day as her Slaughter co-star Jim Brown.

marlene-clark-1.jpg

Marlene Clark, an actress and model who rose to fame in the 1970s, has passed away. Per THR, Clark died at her home in Los Angeles on May 18, though no cause of death was immediately revealed. She was 85 years old.
Clark started her career in show business as a fashion model before finding her way in acting in the late 1960s. Some of her earliest roles include appearing in 1968's For Love of Ivy with Sidney Poitier and Robert Downey Sr.'s 1969 film Putney Swope. In 1973, she would take on one of her most well-known roles by starring as Ganja Meda in the horror movie Ganja & Hess. She followed that up with a role in the iconic Bruce Lee film Enter the Dragon, released that same year.
Clark would also appear in the 1972 movie Slaughter, which also starred Jim Brown and Stella Stevens. Coincidentally, Clark died on the same day as Brown, who also passed away on May 18, 2023. Her other film work from the era includes roles in The Landlord, Night of the Cobra Woman, Black Mamba, The Beast Must Die, Switchblade Sisters, Clay Pigeon, Beware! The Blob, and Newman's Law.

Meanwhile, Clark also made her mark on the small screen with a memorable role in the popular sitcom Sanford and Son. On that show, she played Janet Lawson, the fiancé of Lamont Sanford (Demond Wilson). Clark was featured in a recurring role as Janet from when she joined in the show's fifth season until it ended in 1977. The sitcom is one of the most-well known TV shows of the 1970s, bringing greater fame to Clark.

Clark was married once, wedding actor Billy Dee Williams in 1968 and serving as stepmother to his son, Corey. The marriage lasted three years before the pair divorced in 1971.