NAACP Issues Travel Advisory in Florida: the state ‘has become hostile to Black Americans’ AVOID VISITING OR MOVING TO FLORIDA.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Has become?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

May 20, 2023

cfields@naacpnet.org

WASHINGTON – Today, the NAACP Board of Directors issued a formal travel advisory for the state of Florida. The travel advisory comes in direct response to Governor Ron DeSantis' aggressive attempts to erase Black history and to restrict diversity, equity, and inclusion programs in Florida schools.

The formal travel notice states, "Florida is openly hostile toward African Americans, people of color and LGBTQ+ individuals. Before traveling to Florida, please understand that the state of Florida devalues and marginalizes the contributions of, and the challenges faced by African Americans and other communities of color."

"Let me be clear - failing to teach an accurate representation of the horrors and inequalities that Black Americans have faced and continue to face is a disservice to students and a dereliction of duty to all," said NAACP President & CEO Derrick Johnson. "Under the leadership of Governor Desantis, the state of Florida has become hostile to Black Americans and in direct conflict with the democratic ideals that our union was founded upon. He should know that democracy will prevail because its defenders are prepared to stand up and fight. We're not backing down, and we encourage our allies to join us in the battle for the soul of our nation."

The travel advisory was initially proposed to the Board of Directors by NAACP's Florida State Conference. NAACP's collective consideration of this advisory is a result from unrelenting attacks on fundamental freedoms from the Governor and his legislative body.

"Once again, hate-inspired state leaders have chosen to put politics over people. Governor Ron DeSantis and the state of Florida have engaged in a blatant war against principles of diversity and inclusion and rejected our shared identities to appeal to a dangerous, extremist minority," said Chair of the NAACP Board of Directors, Leon Russell. "We will not not allow our rights and history to be held hostage for political grandstanding. The NAACP proudly fights against the malicious attacks in Florida, against Black Americans. I encourage my fellow Floridians to join in this fight to protect ourselves and our democracy."

Following Gov. DeSantis' so-called leadership in driving the state to reject students' access to AP African American studies course in March, the NAACP distributed 10,000 books to 25 predominantly Black communities across the state in collaboration with the American Federation of Teachers's Reading Opens the World program. The majority of the books donated were titles banned under the state's increasingly restrictive laws. The NAACP continues to encourage local branches and youth councils to start community libraries to ensure access to representative literature.

The NAACP encourages Florida residents to join this effort to defeat the regressive policies of this Governor and this state legislature. Interested residents and supporters can visit www.naacp.org for additional information and updates.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

NAACP issues travel warning in Florida: the state ‘has become hostile to Black Americans’​

The NAACP issued a formal travel advisory for Florida on Saturday, saying the state has become “hostile to Black Americans” under Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s (R) leadership.

“On a seeming quest to silence African-American voices, the Governor and the State of Florida have shown that African Americans are not welcome in the State of Florida,” the travel advisory reads.

“Due to this sustained, blatant, relentless and systemic attack on democracy and civil rights, the NAACP hereby issues a travel advisory to African Americans, and other people of color regarding the hostility towards African Americans in Florida,” the group added.

The advisory points to several of DeSantis’s controversial policies, including legislation he signed on Monday to prohibit colleges from spending public funds on diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.

The Florida governor also previously signed the Stop WOKE Act, restricting how workplaces and schools can discuss race during required training or instruction, and blocked an Advanced Placement African American Studies course in the state’s public schools, claiming it lacked “educational value.”

“Let me be clear — failing to teach an accurate representation of the horrors and inequalities that Black Americans have faced and continue to face is a disservice to students and a dereliction of duty to all,” NAACP President and CEO Derrick Johnson said in a statement.

“Under the leadership of Governor Desantis, the state of Florida has become hostile to Black Americans and in direct conflict with the democratic ideals that our union was founded upon,” Johnson added.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I don’t believe the NAACP. This should be a travel advisory for everyone but white people take your ass down there and work the farms

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
51d6D4ngvnL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
Light Bright aka Butt Plug keeping shit out. In the headlines it says black Americans but then it includes lgbt, people of cooor, etc. And, as usual dumb coons just love and go along with it.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Teaching-Tolerance-dylan-roof-confederate-flag-1800x1080.jpeg

I remember when President Trump announced his candidacy and there was a mass shooting at a black church subsequently. It isn't a travel advisory for Florida, it is to keep your head on a swivel for all of us. Think of it as a National Terrorism Advisory System, the threat level is off the charts.

scshootingvictims.jpg

I will definitely be on the lookout for anything suspicious when his announcement goes down, they have started to go at me directly. I had the killer Tesla incident recently that would have obliterated me on the road.

Tesla Fremont Factory

Last edited:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Light Bright aka Butt Plug keeping shit out. In the headlines it says black Americans but then it includes lgbt, people of cooor, etc. And, as usual dumb coons just love and go along with it.

Exactly every time the gay mafia loses power and their shit backfires they ALWAYS

try to lump us in with their dysfunction... we didnt forget, the minute

they got leverage and turned Obama into the first "gay" president...

they were like fuck them kniggas..

fuck the naacp they are the worse thing to happen to our community it

aint nothing but a bunch of agents used to cockblock REAL PROGRESS amongst us!!

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
You happy as fuck that it mentioned you huh?

:itsawrap:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
They were teaching queer theory with Critical Race Theory.

Abolishing DEI is a good thing and DEI sends the wrong message that colleges are the right path for us, the default rate on sky high college debt is a major hurdle.

A hybrid approach of college and manufacturing might be the best option.

This advisory should be elevating your awareness to WS terrorism that is being timed for these announcements. Unless they have built a long track record like @Dannyblueyes , now is not the time to accept somebody new that is white into your church. Go to a different grocery store that is more white, change it up, don't have the whole church stop at the usual spot every Sunday. I know Boyce Watkins and Tariq Nasheed are having events this week that will make you an easy mark for their terrorist attacks, don't go to them.

Last edited:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
NAACP needs to apply this to the entire world and be done with it.
I really wanna know a place where a black person can rest easy without some kinda BS.