N.W.A

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
NWA161013.jpg

N.W.A (an abbreviation of Niggaz Wit Attitudes) was an American hip hop group from Compton, California. It was one of the earliest and most significant popularizers of the gangsta rap and West Coast hip hop subgenres, and is widely considered one of the seminal groups in the history of hip hop music.Active from 1986 to 1991, the rap group endured controversy owing to their music's explicit lyrics that many viewed as being disrespectful of women, as well as its glorification of drugs and crime. The group was subsequently banned from many mainstream American radio stations. In spite of this, the group has sold over 10 million units in the United States alone. The group was also known for their deep hatred of the police system, which sparked much controversy over the years.

The original lineup consisted of Arabian Prince, Dr. Dre, Eazy-E, and Ice Cube. DJ Yella and MC Ren joined later, with Arabian Prince eventually leaving shortly before the official release of Straight outta Compton over royalty disputes, with Ice Cube following suit in December 1989 . Eazy-E, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and MC Ren would later become platinum-selling solo artists in the 1990s. Their debut album Straight Outta Compton marked the beginning of the new gangsta rap era as the production and social commentary in their lyrics were revolutionary within the genre.Rolling Stone ranked N.W.A number 83 on their list of the "100 Greatest Artists of All Time". In October 2012, N.W.A were nominated for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for the first time. In October 2013 the group was nominated for a second time.

Although the group disbanded in 1991, they left a lasting legacy on hip hop music in the following decades. Their influence (from their funky, bass-driven beats to their exaggerated lyrics) was evident throughout the 1990s and even into the present, and is often credited as bridging the White/Black American musical lines with their massive appeal to White America in the late 1980s. In Dr. Dre's 1999 single "Forgot About Dre" the line "Who you think brought you the O.G.s, Eazy-Es, Ice Cube, and The D.O.C.s, the Snoop D O double G's, and the group that said 'Motherfuck the police'?" outlines N.W.A's importance in hip hop. In the same song, one of Eminem's verses that says "So what do you say to somebody you hate or anyone tryna bring trouble your way, Wanna resolve things in a bloodier way, Then just study a tape of N.W.A" refers to the negative reception of N.W.A's works by the mainstream radio, considering their songs to be violent.[49] A scene in 2005 single "Hate It or Love It" by The Game featuring 50 Cent shows Tequan Richmond (portraying The Game) and Zachary Williams (playing 50 Cent in their youth) being caught spraypainting "N.W.A" on a wall, resulting in their subsequent arrest by two policemen. Also, the rapper The Game has a tattoo that says "N.W.A" on the right side of his chest.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N.W.A

BIG Bambu

Rising Star
Registered
Dope pics!! With all this renewed interest in NWA I wonder how much I can get for their autograph they gave me back when the group was still together. I got two sets...Eazy, Cube, Dre autograph on one and the whole group autograph on another. Where can I find out?

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
artworks-000129207600-cscq6j-t500x500.jpg

Straight Outta Compton is the debut studio album by American hip hop group N.W.A, released August 9, 1988 on group member Eazy-E's record label Ruthless Records. Production for the album was handled by Dr. Dre with DJ Yella giving co-production. The album has been viewed as the pioneering record of gangsta rap with its ever-present profanity and violent lyrics. It has been considered groundbreaking by music writers and has had an enormous impact on the evolution of West Coast hip hop.

Straight Outta Compton redefined the direction of hip hop, which resulted in lyrics concerning the gangster lifestyle becoming the driving force in sales figures.[2] It was later re-released on September 24, 2002, remastered and containing four bonus tracks. An extended version of the album was released on December 4, 2007, honoring the 20th anniversary of the original album.[3] On April 14, 2015, Universal Music Group reissued the album on a Limited Edition red cassette as part of their Respect The Classics series.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_Outta_Compton

Last edited:

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Tracklist:
0:00 Straight Outta Compton
4:19 Fuck tha Police
10:05 Gangsta Gangsta
15:42 If It Ain't Ruff
19:17 Parental Discretion Iz Advised
24:33 8 Ball (remix)
29:25 Express Yourself
33:50 Compton's N the House
39:10 I Ain't tha 1
44:05 Dope Man (remix)
49:25 Quiet on tha Set
53:24 Something 2 Dance 2​

Last edited:

kain

Professional Bastard Bum
Platinum Member
Side note: When Eazy died from AIDS, he was made a lot of people realize that shit was real. I know I strapped up every time after that shit happened.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Side note: When Eazy died from AIDS, he was made a lot of people realize that shit was real. I know I strapped up every time after that shit happened.
Yeah but he was fucking mad women in the ass.

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
jerry-heller-nwa.jpg

Members Of N.W.A. Family Tree React To Jerry Heller's Death

The music world had a wide range of reactions when it came to the passing of N.W.A’s former manager, Jerry Heller, who died at the age of 75 on Sept. 2. The controversial businessman reportedly suffered a heart attack behind the wheel, which resulted in a car crash.

Those close to the mogul had a few reactions about his passing, including Ice Cube, his son O’Shea Jackson Jr. and E.B. Wright, the daughter of the late Eazy-E.

Cube stopped by Detroit’s Local 4, where he spoke very briefly about the passing of his former manager, whom he has been extremely critical of since leaving N.W.A, especially in the 1991 diss track “No Vaseline” (“‘Cause you’re getting f**ked out your green by a white boy…”).

“It’s just ironic that I’m here tonight with MC Ren,” Ice Cube said about his show in Detroit, which was on Saturday (Sept. 3), at Chene Park.

“With DJ Yella. We’ve come a long way. And to me, the passing of Jerry Heller is a thing that’s a part of life,” he continued. “You come here to pass away. We all gonna definitely reflect on our time with Jerry. The ups and the downs. And there you have it.”

E.B. Wright, who is Eazy-E’s daughter, spoke with TMZ about Heller’s passing, and she was singing a much different tune. While she was an advocate of the film Straight Outta Compton, which portrayed Heller in a negative light, she said that she supports Heller as a person, and doesn’t believe the film portrays him accurately.

“At the end of the day, I don’t feel it [the film] was 100 percent true, and stand behind Jerry Heller to the fullest,” she said. “He [Heller] was like a second father to my dad, so I’m gonna call him, like, another grandfather to me. He lived many years of people hating him and thinking wrongly of him, and people don’t know the truth…that takes a toll on a person who knows that they were very genuine and really had everybody’s best interest at heart.”

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
Subbed.

I think I'mma check out all their albums (group and solo) this weekend and this will be a cool thread to read thru while I'm doing it.