@ViCiouS

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

127243130_10159631741046554_3708138481814967394_n.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Erykah Badu apologizes to Obamas after sharing a video from Barack's 60th birthday party

"I was so inconsiderate," Erykah Badu wrote, after posting and deleting a video from the party, which prohibited photography and videography.
August 14, 2021 at 01:00 PM EDT

Erykah Badu is sorry for being what she calls a "terrible guest" at former President Barack Obama's recent 60th birthday party.
The singer-songwriter, 50, issued a public apology to Barack and Michelle Obama on Thursday, saying that her actions at the private event was "so inconsiderate."
"Mr. And Mrs. Obama, please forgive me for being the 'terrible guest' at such a sacred event for your family," Badu tweeted. "I was so inconsiderate. Thank you for all your love."
"What an example of 'how NOT' to be," she added, signing the tweet simply, "Erica."
On Saturday, the former President celebrated his birthday with an intimate, outdoor gathering of about 200 family members and close friends on the grounds of his 29-acre Martha's Vineyard estate.

The Obamas originally planned a COVID-safe outdoor party on the grounds, with required testing and other strict protocols for all guests. After the lengthy guest list and other details of the party were criticized, they scaled back the event for a more intimate gathering, with only friends and close family invited. They also cited the coronavirus pandemic and the rapidly spreading delta variant for their decision.
"This outdoor event was planned months ago in accordance with all public health guidelines and with COVID safeguards in place," Hannah Hankins, a spokeswoman for the Obamas, previously told PEOPLE. "Due to the new spread of the Delta variant over the past week, the President and Mrs. Obama have decided to significantly scale back the event to include only family and close friends."

Badu was one of the several celebrities who attended the private event. Other famous names on the reduced guest list included Gayle King, Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, Steven Spielberg and John Legend.