Music News: DaBaby Brought Tory Lanez Onstage at Rolling Loud a shoe is thrown & goes on a "homophobic" rant UPDATE: TI chimed in!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

DaBaby Brought Tory Lanez Onstage at Rolling Loud
By Bethy Squires

DaBaby chose mess at Rolling Loud Miami Sunday night, bringing Tory Lanez out for his set. DaBaby was performing after Megan Thee Stallion, who Lanez allegedly shot in the foot last summer. XXL shared a video of the performance to Twitter, in which Lanez emerged from a mascot costume. “I’ll give somebody out here a million dollars if they can guess who in here,” he said as Lanez was helped out of his costume onesie. Kodak Black also brought Lanez out yesterday.

Lanez, born Daystar Peterson, pleaded not guilty in November 2020 to two felony charges: assault with a semiautomatic firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle. In February of this year, a judge ruled that Lanez couldn’t speak publicly about the case. In January 2021, Lanez announced a new song with DaBaby, which Megan tweeted was “old and not cleared.” In June of this year, DaBaby seemed to retweet a fan’s joke about the incident, which prompted Megan and Pardison Fontaine to call him out on Twitter. At the time, DaBaby tried to minimize his tweet, telling Megan to “stand on what you stand on without feeling like I’m against ya.” Bringing Lanez onstage on the same night as Megan’s performance isn’t the best way to convince people you aren’t against her.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Update 8:45 p.m.: Pop Crave is reporting that someone threw a shoe at DaBaby after bringing Lanez out.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Update July 27, 12:00 a.m.: DaBaby is now in hot water for a different offensive thing that he somehow managed to do at Rolling Loud. Prior to bringing out Lanez, DaBaby went on a homophobic rant in the middle of his set.

“If you didn’t show up today with HIV, AIDS, or any of them deadly sexually transmitted diseases, that’ll make you die in two to three weeks, then put your cellphone lighter up,” DaBaby said, apparently apropos of nothing. “Ladies, if your pussy smell like water, put your cellphone light in the air. Fellas, if you ain’t sucking dick in the parking lot, put your cellphone lighter up.”

DaBaby later explained on Instagram Live on Monday that he takes issue with the characterization of his comments as a homophobic rant. “I wasn’t going on no rant — that’s called a call-to-action,” DaBaby said. “That’s what that’s called because I’m a live performer … Look. All the lights went up — gay or straight. You wanna know why? ‘Cause even my gay fans don’t have fuckin’ AIDS.” The hole DaBaby is always digging for himself grows ever deeper.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

T.I. subsequently supported DaBaby in a video posted on social media, which equated the rapper’s comments during his set with Lil Nas X‘s openness about his sexuality in his music.

Advertisement

“For instance, the Lil Nas X shit. The performances and video, man I got a lot of respect for bruh because he had the courage to live his truth, but that shit ain’t for me… Just can’t look at it… And I don’t want my children seeing it, either,” he said.

He expanded on that comment later on in the video, saying, “If you have a Lil Nas X video, and him living his truth, you gone damn sure have people like DaBaby who are going to speak they truth. There ain’t nothing wrong with none of that. It ain’t got to be no hate, it’s all honesty.”

Responding to his comments, one fan wrote: “TI said if lil nas x can be gay in peace da baby should be able to be homophobic in peace. It’s really something wrong with that man.”

T.I is yet to respond to the criticism.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

DaBaby doubles down on homophobic rant with more offensive comments

DaBaby appears to have a penchant for making bad situations worse after a rant at Rolling Loud that raised fans’ eyebrows.
Rapper DaBaby seems to have a penchant for making bad situations worse. After making homophobic comments on stage at the Rolling Loud fest Sunday at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, he offered an “explanation.”

“I’m gonna address this weak-ass internet s–t one time, and then I’mma get back to giving my love to my fans, ’cause what me and my fans do at the live show, it don’t concern you n—as on the internet or you bitter bitches on the internet,” the 29-year-old rapper began in a nearly 5-minute Instagram Story video posted on Monday.

DaBaby performs on stage during Rolling Loud at Hard Rock Stadium Sunday in Miami Gardens, Florida. (Photo by Rich Fury/Getty Images)

“I said, ‘If you don’t got AIDS, put a cellphone lighter up,'” DaBaby told his 19.1 million followers. “I said, ‘If you ain’t suck d–k in the parking lot, put your cellphone lights up.'”

“All the lights went up – gay or straight – you wanna know why?” he continued. “Because even my gay fans don’t got f–king AIDS, stupid ass n—as. They don’t got AIDS. My gay fans, they take care of themselves. They ain’t no nasty gay n—as, see what I’m saying? They ain’t no junkies on the street.”

He said his crowds put their phones in the air because, “my gay fans, they ain’t going for that. They got class, n—a. They ain’t sucking no d–k in no parking lot, n—a. You gotta get a room, a good one, five-star hotel, or wait ’til they go to the crib. … If they a fan of me, they going for some big dog s–t. We ain’t just going for nothing. Even my gay fans got standards!”

As previously reported, during his set Sunday on the last of the three-day music festival, DaBaby told attendees: “If you didn’t show up today with HIV, AIDS, or any of them deadly sexually transmitted diseases, then put your cellphone lighter up. Ladies, if your p—y smell like water, put your cellphone lighter up. Fellas, if you ain’t sucking d–k in the parking lot, put your cellphone lighter up.”
He said he was just “keeping it real.”

T.I. came to the DaBaby’s defense the following day, commenting on a Shade Room social media post about his on-stage rant. “If Lil Nas X can kick his s**t in peace… so should dababy,” the fellow rapper responded, along with an emoji of himself shrugging and the hashtag #equality.
DaBaby‘s performance is also swirling with controversy because he brought out rapper Tory Lanez right after Megan Thee Stallion performed. Lanez is still facing criminal charges for allegedly shooting the superstar rapstress in 2020 at the home of reality TV star Kylie Jenner.
A bit of karma, however, struck DaBaby’s antics and actions Sunday: At least one fan was unhappy about them. A shoe was hurled at his head during his performance, barely missing.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

T.I. subsequently supported DaBaby in a video posted on social media, which equated the rapper’s comments during his set with Lil Nas X‘s openness about his sexuality in his music.

Advertisement

“For instance, the Lil Nas X shit. The performances and video, man I got a lot of respect for bruh because he had the courage to live his truth, but that shit ain’t for me… Just can’t look at it… And I don’t want my children seeing it, either,” he said.

He expanded on that comment later on in the video, saying, “If you have a Lil Nas X video, and him living his truth, you gone damn sure have people like DaBaby who are going to speak they truth. There ain’t nothing wrong with none of that. It ain’t got to be no hate, it’s all honesty.”

Responding to his comments, one fan wrote: “TI said if lil nas x can be gay in peace da baby should be able to be homophobic in peace. It’s really something wrong with that man.”

This dude lol
I guess he doesn't want anymore acting roles

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Advertisement

He sounded real MAGA

homosexuals have more rights?

Proud to be heterosexual?

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anyone realize how they try and make black men to be the poster child for homophobia and then black women and black gays be in on it? SMH....see shit like that makes it hard for me to give a fuck. Because his comments not nearly as homophobic as they making it sound. And who the fuck cares? If you don't like what he said oh well turn the other cheek like y'all do any other time black issues get brought up or black men issues get brought up.

tekwehuself

Immigrant Expat
International Member
Media reporting this as a homophobic rant doesn't match up to what he actually said...that being said, he shoulda just left that alone

You know what this is. Straight out of the dancehall... "If yuh bed nuh deh pon block... lighter in the air"

So if he said.. "lighter in the air if you ain't fucking no kids" would they be outraged and defending Mr. C?

It's all bullshit.. Live and let live goes both ways

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Da Baby. TI a idiot too but atleast hes had a 15 year run and has had a ton of commercial and financial success. Da Baby will be broke in a year if he stopped working today.
That fool ain't going broke....this fool came into the rap game named "Baby Jesus" and walking around with a pamper on...his reckleness seems to be how he stays relevant......

Before I even heard a record from this dude I saw he shot somebody up in Wal-Mart, walked around with that diaper.......he stay in the news and this was before the deal.

They eat this shit up.

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor
Anyone realize how they try and make black men to be the poster child for homophobia and then black women and black gays be in on it? SMH....see shit like that makes it hard for me to give a fuck. Because his comments not nearly as homophobic as they making it sound. And who the fuck cares? If you don't like what he said oh well turn the other cheek like y'all do any other time black issues get brought up or black men issues get brought up.
Unfortunately yes, and it be black folks saying that the black community is the most homophopic.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor

Advertisement

PotableApprehensiveGuineapig-max-1mb.gif

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Unfortunately yes, and it be black folks saying that the black community is the most homophopic.
Fuck them...

And another narrative that's pissing me off is this whole R. Kelly shit....they "claim" we didn't have a issue with him when he was just messing around with girls but now that its comes out he allegedly mess with a boy we have a problem? That's bullshit. I had a issue with Robert before then..they keep trying to put this shit on us but at the end of the day it wasn't niggas up in them concerts and it surely wasn't us who bailed him out of jail. Them was females.