Music Acts That Tried Different Genres

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
New Jack Swing

New Kids on the Block is a pop American boy band from Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Blondie - Hip Hop

I would say Blondie went from a punk band to a disco band..more than hip hop...IMO rapture isn't hip hop...:dunno:

7b582fe22249fa538413457f6d45f1e3.jpg

Blondie-Blondie.jpg

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I would say Blondie went from a punk band to a disco band..more than hip hop...IMO rapture isn't hip hop...:dunno:

7b582fe22249fa538413457f6d45f1e3.jpg

Blondie-Blondie.jpg
Hmmmm...that's a tricky one. She was clearly rapping on Rapture. The song wasn't hip hop but where else in the early 80s did you see a white chick rap? Song came out in 1981.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hmmmm...that's a tricky one. She was clearly rapping on Rapture. The song wasn't hip hop but where else in the early 80s did you see a white chick rap? Song came out in 1981.
ehh...but your talking about a rap part in a song vs a whole song thats considered hip hop...

if youre saying Rapture is a hip hop song like Rapper's Delight is a hip hop song...then it fits the topic title...

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
ehh...but your talking about a rap part in a song vs a whole song thats considered hip hop...

if youre saying Rapture is a hip hop song like Rapper's Delight is a hip hop song...then it fits the topic title...
Yeah, I see what you mean. She basically put a rap verse in a pop song. It seemed strange because of the year and the fact that it was a white band.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, I see what you mean. She basically put a rap verse in a pop song. It seemed strange because of the year and the fact that it was a white band.
totally get it homie..

but I find the profound change is from punk...and when white chicks do punk they look like they dont bathe... :giggle: when women do somehing as hardcore as the men it just makes them look even WORSE... IMO...then cleaned herself up and became a disco queen for like 2 summers and never looked back...:roflmao:

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The Queen did a real good job with this. I hope she does more Jazz flavored work.
Agreed. She did do two albums like this that were both solid. Maybe she didn't get the numbers she wanted but she definitely has a lane if she wants to do another!

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Queen Latifah - Jazz

The Queen did a real good job with this. I hope she does more Jazz flavored work.
Agreed. She did do two albums like this that were both solid. Maybe she didn't get the numbers she wanted but she definitely has a lane if she wants to do another!

I always had the impression that singing was her first love and rap was the thing that made her popular.

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
New Jack Swing

Boy George, is an English singer, songwriter, and record producer. He is the lead singer of the pop band Culture Club.

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Disco

Dolly Parton is an American singer-songwriter, known primarily for her decades-long career in country music.