Movies: Ghostbusters...All Women Edition...Discussion thread

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mr. Sulu mad they made Mr. Sulu gay...

Its like we can't just have a MOMENT of unadulterated fun.

The Star Trek reboot was ruined when Spock became a henpecked boyfriend to Uhura. That is to say day one. I gave the 1st some slack and hoped it was an abbe ration. Then the second one was Fuckery DeLuxe. The USS Enterprise is deployed underwater and any Trekker worth his salt knows Galaxy class starships do not land. That is why they have shuttles and transporters. They took the greatest movie in the Star Trek Series (The Wrath of Kahn) and reworked it into a Colossal Piece of Shit. JJ Abrams has turned Star Trek into Star Wars when it comes to the science of it. They have performed a Lobotomy on Star Trek. Hollywood is truly out of ideas.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
In response to someone's tweet I saw where Leslie said "I'm glad Harembe is dead"...

I really and truly hope that she didn't say that because that's going to really come back to bite her. Man this is just another reason to be pissed off with this movie. If Sony and Paul Fieg didn't go this route and throw so much shade towards the fan base... Then some of this shit could have been prevented. Granted she would be still getting this type of shit but more people would be coming to her defense if they didn't feel like she was basically playing this type of stereotype. No black person deserves this type of bullshit. I hope she cancels her account for awhile.. Especially now.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
The main complaints i've heard so far is that the men in the movie look like idiots/assholes and the sci fi sucks.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Man that little fat white chick has been anointed and is dam near box office comedy gold. And her and the skinny funny looking white girl have built a strong following as a comedy tandem. This flick will get much hype and promo and do crazy numbers.
I tried to give you a heads up.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Twitter announces crackdown after online abuse of 'Ghostbusters' actor

2016-07-20T095906Z_2_LYNXNPEC6J08V_RTROPTP_3_FILM-GHOSTBUSTERS-PREMIERE_original.jpg

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) said Tuesday it had moved to permanently suspend a number of user accounts for abuse and harassment after Ghostbusters actor Leslie Jones on Monday drew renewed attention to the issue and announced she would quit the social media site.

Jones retweeted and shared several abusive tweets she received Monday before telling her 250,000 followers: "I leave Twitter tonight with tears and a very sad heart. All this cause I did a movie. You can hate the movie but the shit I got today... wrong."

Among those banned Tuesday was Breitbart tech editor Milo Yiannopoulos, who has been a controversial figure on the site and helped lead the abuse against Jones. Yiannopoulos did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Twitter has long come under criticism for not doing enough to police abusive behavior on the often-freewheeling messaging service. Other celebrities have taken issue with abuse on the site, including writer and actress Lena Dunham, who said in September she had hired someone to tweet on her behalf because it was no longer a "safe space" for her.

Twitter said in a statement Tuesday that it had seen an "uptick" in the number of accounts violating its abuse and harassment policies over the past 48 hours, noting it had enforced its policies either by issuing warnings or permanently suspending users.

"We know many people believe we have not done enough to curb this type of behavior on Twitter. We agree," Twitter said in the statement. "We are continuing to invest heavily in improving our tools and enforcement systems to better allow us to identify and take faster action on abuse as it's happening and prevent repeat offenders."

Jones shared some of the racist tweets targeted toward her, many of which compared her to an ape. User YellowArmedImposter wrote, "Your Ghostbusters isn't the first to have an ape in it," which Jones shared with the comment: "I just don't understand."

Jones, who is also a regular cast member on Saturday Night Live, publicly pondered over several tweets what would prompt people to "spew hate."

"I used to wonder why some celebs don't have Twitter accts now I know," she wrote in one tweet. In a separate post, she added: "Twitter I understand you got free speech I get it. But there has to be some guidelines when you let spread like that."

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Ghostbusters is easily the worst thing that I've seen in 10 years. It is just a random collection of scenes that were put together to get to the climax of the film. None of the Jokes landed because everyone was reading their lines with the same emotional impact of a comatose victim.

There is no way in hell that I can believe that someone liked this crap. No way...

This is "Epic Movie" level of crappiness.

Ughhh... This is my last ghostbusters post.

I'm finished and I'm done.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Goat movie. Excellence! Instant classic that immediately jumps to #1 on IMDB's all-time Top 250, no questions asked. I ain't afraid of no ghosts. HFunk 100% bullshitting.

JamesATL

Lurker
BGOL Investor
i hated the movie, saw it yesterday , i LEFT in the middle of the movie..

they dumb down the sister. yet the 3 white bitches are from college pals.

wtf

again, in 2016 they had a chance to CHANGE that...
hell they even pushed the gay agenda, but naw, they left the black role dumb down.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

i hated the movie, saw it yesterday , i LEFT in the middle of the movie..

they dumb down the sister. yet the 3 white bitches are from college pals.

wtf

again, in 2016 they had a chance to CHANGE that...
hell they even pushed the gay agenda, but naw, they left the black role dumb down.

funny story...I actually met the man you designed the car and he gave my little girls autographs and took a picture...

they were begging me to see the movie.

But they WAY too young for that, but they saw the black woman Ghostbuster and I was telling them them that they are all scientists so they just assumed she was one too...

then someone told them they all were scientists EXCEPT the Black woman and technically wasn't a REAL ghostbuster.

they didn't want to see the movie anymore.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
funny story...I actually met the man you designed the car and he gave my little girls autographs and took a picture...

they were begging me to see the movie.

But they WAY too young for that, but they saw the black woman Ghostbuster and I was telling them them that they are all scientists so they just assumed she was one too...

then someone told them they all were scientists EXCEPT the Black woman and technically wasn't a REAL ghostbuster.

they didn't want to see the movie anymore.

Props to your daughters, PH.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
well damn.

they gonna need a documentary just on this clusterf*ck of movie alone

and it will probably be BETTER than the actual movie.

It's Sony's fault for getting rid of the original director,I mean Ivan Reitman was on board doing another Ghostbuster's movie,but push him out.

On top of that,Sony and the director made the mistake of labeling people,who criticized the trailer being anti-woman....Who,the fuck does that to their customers

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It's Sony's fault for getting rid of the original director,I mean Ivan Reitman was on board doing another Ghostbuster's movie,but push him out.

On top of that,Sony and the director made the mistake of labeling people,who criticized the trailer being anti-woman....Who,the fuck does that to their customers

I understand the gamble though

they thinking the diehard ghostbuster fanboys are a certain age race and demographic.

So IF they say ANYTHING?

they fat white women haters who live in they mom's basement.

And the disgusting racist tweets didn't help but BOLSTER Sony's decisions.

Like I have learned , in this NEW age of social media.

complete and utter disinterest is the best weapon.

If everyone just basically IGNORED his movie? No negative reviews and youtube clips and all those tweets...just ignored it?

They movie would have died a quicker death.

Because all this yelling and emotion and stuff?

all it did was give them a bulletproof movie.

Critics who kill it? Women haters

Critics who love it? Fanboys call you a fake but then your a true feminist.

Listen Gouki don't be surprised if DC uses the exact same tactic for Wonder Woman (which I actually think will be good)

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I understand the gamble though

they thinking the diehard ghostbuster fanboys are a certain age race and demographic.

So IF they say ANYTHING?

they fat white women haters who live in they mom's basement.

And the disgusting racist tweets didn't help but BOLSTER Sony's decisions.

Like I have learned , in this NEW age of social media.

complete and utter disinterest is the best weapon.

If everyone just basically IGNORED his movie? No negative reviews and youtube clips and all those tweets...just ignored it?

They movie would have died a quicker death.

Because all this yelling and emotion and stuff?

all it did was give them a bulletproof movie.

Critics who kill it? Women haters

Critics who love it? Fanboys call you a fake but then your a true feminist.

Listen Gouki don't be surprised if DC uses the exact same tactic for Wonder Woman (which I actually think will be good)

I don't think DC will have to do it,because from what I saw from here and everywhere else,everyone likes the Wonder Woman trailer.

If,the second trailer gets the same reaction,I think it will do well at the box office..

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I don't think DC will have to do it,because from what I saw from here and everywhere else,everyone likes the Wonder Woman trailer.

If,the second trailer gets the same reaction,I think it will do well at the box office..
not everyone liked the trailer but its not a universally mocked shit show like the Ghostbusters trailers.

If that letter is true I'm expecting a rollout similar to BvS and Apocalypse with very late embargos on the reviews

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
not everyone liked the trailer but its not a universally mocked shit show like the Ghostbusters trailers.

If that letter is true I'm expecting a rollout similar to BvS and Apocalypse with very late embargos on the reviews

you know WAY more about the inner workings of the industry than me...

how are they able to do the embargo on reviews thing anyway?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
you know WAY more about the inner workings of the industry than me...

how are they able to do the embargo on reviews thing anyway?
they send out invites to private preview screenings - accepting the invite includes nondisclosure terms and conditions...
sometimes you have to sign a non disclosure agreement to enter the theatre
sometimes the screening is part of a press junket or a q&a of the director and producers, and again a NDA will required to be signed to gain admittance - in every case the agreement will have an end date- that's the date these guys usually post their reviews

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Now to finally put this shit show to bed..

GHOSTBUSTERS 3 lives.... Be gone from my eyes you demon...