Movie News: Ready or Not 2 Enlists Sarah Michelle Gellar, Elijah Wood NEW TRAILER!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster


‘Ready or Not’ Sequel Enlists Sarah Michelle Gellar, Elijah Wood​

Shawn Hatosy, Néstor Carbonell, Kevin Durand and horror filmmaker David Cronenberg are also joining the cast of the horror comedy.
BY MIA GALUPPO
Plus Icon
APRIL 21, 2025 11:00AM
Elijah Wood and Sarah Michelle Gellar

Elijah Wood and Sarah Michelle Gellar ALBERTO RODRIGUEZ/GA/THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER/GETTY IMAGES; TAYLOR HILL/FILMMAGIC



Sarah Michelle Gellar and Elijah Wood are set to star in Searchlight Pictures’ Ready or Not sequel, Ready or Not: Here I Come, joining series star Samara Weaving.

The movie, which has begun production in Toronto, has rounded out its cast with Shawn Hatosy, Néstor Carbonell and Kevin Durand (Abigail), as well as acclaimed horror filmmaker David Cronenberg.

Radio Silence’s Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett are back for Ready or Not: Here I Come, as are writers Guy Busick and R. Christopher Murphy.

​


Ready or Not starred Weaving as a bride who learns of her new family’s wedding night ritual where a murderous game is played, all to appease an ancient family deal with the devil. The film was a success critically and commercially, grossing $28 million at the domestic box office on a $6 million budget.

Plot details for the follow-up are being kept under wraps.

Tripp Vinson, James Vanderbilt, Bradley J. Fischer and William Sherak are producing the sequel. Executive producers are Chad Villella, Tara Farney, Greg Denny, Paul Neinstein, Busick, Murphy and Weaving. Richard Ruiz and Cornelia Burleigh are overseeing the project for Searchlight.

Said Matthew Greenfield, President of Searchlight, “We’re beyond excited to make another film with the phenomenal Radio Silence. With Ready or Not: Here I Come, we get to go on another ride with the amazing Samara Weaving, mix in awesome new voices, and bring audiences a fresh take that’s every bit as twisted and fun as the first one. This is for those who’ve been waiting, and those who didn’t see it coming.”
 
Ready or Not does NOT need a sequel.
That movie had a beginning, middle, and perfect ending.

Hollywood just fucking stop it. Y'all can keep Megan 2 while you're at it.

I completely understand

but I respectfully disagree in this case. You COULD do some type of over arching anthology type thing in this universe. It has a VERY Whedon vibe.
 
I completely understand

but I respectfully disagree in this case. You COULD do some type of over arching anthology type thing in this universe. It has a VERY Whedon vibe.
Ehh..... maybe if done right.....

But we say that about a lot movies pre-production. The Crow could've been dope, a new RoboCop might be good, why not do another terminator movie in 2019? With Linda Hamilton it should work....
 
Ehh..... maybe if done right.....

But we say that about a lot movies pre-production. The Crow could've been dope, a new RoboCop might be good, why not do another terminator movie in 2019? With Linda Hamilton it should work....

That was all about execution not the audience or the actual source material
 
Thanks for such a curated and derailed review.

How will the producers find the room to cut that down and add it to the trailer?! Haha

The reason I said that is because its damn near a remake of the first one.

If you aint like THAT ONE?

You not gonna like this one.

There wasn't any real twists turn surprises besides all these new rules

The 2 leads and new families were well cast woth familiar faces. Good kills.

my theatre was almost sold out the crowd loved it and clapped at the end

So....

Not bad.

I'm reserving my full review till after I see

 
Although, I didn't see the first one I saw "Ready or Not 2: Here I Come" last night and I enjoyed it, and was thinking that some of the characters in the movie would fit right in with the Administration currently residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue (especially Titus Danforth).

Over the last few years I am noticing a theme in several movies and television shows (actually this goes back to my parents taking me to see "Rosemary's Baby at the Whitestone drive in theater in the Bronx when I was young).

I've always been drawn to horror movies, but have you even noticed that so many movies are about people who have great political power and seem to be receiving their power from some Demonic entity or Satan himself?

The Believers (1987), The Devil's Advocate (1997), Lovecraft County (2020) and of course there are many others that could be added to this list.

I realize that people that write screenplays and teleplays can be some very creative individuals, but a lot of times their stories are probably based on reality and people assume that since it's on television or in the movies that it's just entertainment.

Side note:
There is a movie entitled "Late Night with the Devil," (2023) and the talk show host, Jack Delroy makes regular visits to "The Grove," an elite California camp for wealthy and powerful men.

I have no idea what actually goes on at "The Grove," but the movie alludes to some of their rituals and perhaps how these men either gain power or stay in power, and "The Grove" is real.

 
Back
Top