Movie News: Madonna is directing her own biopic so 'misogynistic men' can't

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Madonna is directing her own biopic so 'misogynistic men' can't
"No one's going to tell my story, but me," the icon said, thank you very much.
Joey Nolfi
By Joey Nolfi
July 28, 2022 at 01:55 PM EDT

ADVERTISEMENT
FB
Tweet

More

There's no greater power than the power of Madonna bidding goodbye to the men who've tried to control her narrative.

Still hammering away at the long-gestating big-screen adaptation of her life story, the pop icon has revealed why she felt so strongly about taking the reins on the planned movie.

"I have a very long script that is really hard for me to make shorter. I've been whittling away at it, but it's like hacking off my limbs," Madonna told Variety. "I've had an extraordinary life, I must make an extraordinary film. It was also a preemptive strike because a lot of people were trying to make movies about me. Mostly misogynistic men. So I put my foot in the door and said, 'No one's going to tell my story, but me.'"

Madonna speaks onstage during the 2021 MTV Video Music Awards at Barclays Center on September 12, 2021 in the Brooklyn borough of New York City.
Madonna at the 2021 MTV VMAs | CREDIT: THEO WARGO/GETTY IMAGES
As for who will play Madonna in the film, an official announcement has yet to be made, though rumors regarding Ozark actress Julia Garner's involvement swirled after Madonna followed her on Instagram. Madonna's representatives did not return a request for more information on casting.

EW also exclusively reported that Uncut Gems star Julia Fox met with Madonna to discuss potentially playing her longtime friend and actress Debi Mazar — who first met the performer in an elevator at New York City's Danceteria nightclub in the '80s — in the project.

Madonna has been working on the film for years, initially with Oscar-winning Juno screenwriter Diablo Cody assisting her with the script. Universal Pictures and producer Amy Pascal jumped aboard (with Madonna in the director's chair) in September 2020. EW confirmed that Cody finished a full draft of the screenplay before moving on to other projects, with Erin Wilson stepping in to continue working on it with the singer-songwriter.

According to Madonna over the years, most of the film will detail her "struggle as an artist trying to survive in a man's world as a woman," which she called a "happy, sad, mad, crazy, good, bad, and ugly" story of her ascension to prominence. In several social media posts throughout 2020, Madonna and Cody said that they worked to include her experiences as a rising artist in New York City, who'd later write "Like a Prayer," star in Evita, and form a bond with Jose Gutierez Xtravaganza and Luis Xtravaganza of the Harlem ballroom scene, which inspired and contributed to the success of her 1990 smash "Vogue."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@4 Dimensional

I actually support this and she has the MONEY and INFLUENECE

and to do something unprecedented

an ALL female movie.

Make the director, editor camera crew, promotions, finance EVERYONE outside the ACTUAL cast.

FEMALE

and ummm Madge?

don't worry about the trans folk

I'm SURE they would support this too.

SmaLLz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'd actually go to see the Madonna biopic. I wasn't necessarily a Madonna fan but cannot deny her impact. She should cast Julia Garner (Ruth from Ozark) to play her.

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor

Madonna was forced into a serious battle for her health after suffering a bacterial infection which sent her to the ICU and has forced her to put her upcoming tour on hold.

Guy Oseary, Madonna's manager shared an update on the singer Wednesday, announcing the hospital stay, but also stated, "Her health is improving, however she is still under medical care. A full recovery is expected." A source close to the singer tells us she's out of the ICU.

Shortly after Guy's message, Page Six reported Madonna was found unresponsive over the weekend, rushed to the hospital and intubated. We have not yet confirmed that info.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Yuck to this heifer.
I actually liked a few of her songs back in the day.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This bitch is probably one of the most manipulative femme fatales to ever hit the music business.
Its funny how simps are quick to simp for her, pretty much like how niggas will still simp for Superhead, knowing who she is and what she's done.
They say there's one born every minute.
The fact that she got an infection...well, she just calls that a Tuesday. Men have not controlled her narrative for a very long time and this playing the victim hustle has worked for her for many, many, years.
If you really want to delve deep, go and find that documentary Madonna and The Breakfast Club and watch it. You will see how she was and still is manipulating everyone around her as well as those who have crossed paths with her from her past.
As a strange coincidence, the actress that played her (re-enacted parts) in the documentary is dead. She was 26 years old.
Watching a Madonna-controlled biopic would be like watching a Superhead-controlled biopic. It ain't gonna be the truth.

The old grey mare cancelled her tour because of an infection. Probably not the first time. :D

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

Movie News: Madonna is directing her own biopic so 'misogynistic men' can't​

Translated: She doesn't trust men to properly edit out the parts where she constantly got smutted on. Shit, I bet she doesn't trust herself around those men knowing damn well she still likes being smutted on.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

74508683-0-image-a-99_1692478181674.jpg