Movie News: Aaron Taylor-Johnson to star in Kraven the Hunter movie UPDATE: New Red Band Trailer! DELAYED!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@fonzerrillii @ViCiouS
@ansatsusha_gouki @tallblacknyc @rage @largebillsonlyplease

J.C. Chandor in talks to direct Kraven the Hunter Marvel movie for Sony

By Devan Coggan
August 20, 2020 at 04:53 PM EDT

ADVERTISEMENT
SaveFBTweetMore
MARVEL COMICS
Sony is adding yet another new project to its ever-widening web of Marvel movies.
Less than a day after news broke that Olivia Wilde will develop and direct a new, Spider-related film, EW has confirmed that J.C. Chandor might be joining Sony's Spider-Verse, too. The Triple Frontier director is in talks to helm a movie about Kraven the Hunter, one of Spider-Man's oldest foes. In the comics, Kraven is a vicious big game hunter named Sergei Kravinoff, and he's also one of the original members of the Sinister Six, Spider-Man's infamous rogues gallery.
Richard Wenk (The Equalizer) is writing the Kraven script, with Matt Tolmach and Avi Arad producing. Deadline first reported the news.
Kraven joins the rapidly growing list of Spidey villains to get their own spinoff movies, as Sony continues to expand its superhero universe based on Marvel Comics characters (separate from the movies with Tom Holland's Spider-Man, who appears in both Sony's standalone films and Disney's Marvel Cinematic Universe). Tom Hardy kickstarted the trend as Venom in 2018 (with a sequel, Let There Be Carnage, planned for 2021), and Jared Leto is starring in the upcoming Morbius movie as the titular scientist-slash-vampire.

Chandor is best known for directing 2014's A Most Violent Year and last year's Netflix action-drama Triple Frontier.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
Sony doing too much but i guess the success of Venom got them confident
they were planning a sinster six
they got moribus dropping
they doing a spider-woman flick in the works
and there was talk awhile back about Silver Sable

they lucked out with the Spider-Man franchise but you cant build or whole movie universe around one character. But seems like Sony is determined to prove me wrong...

Good luck i guess

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Sony doing too much but i guess the success of Venom got them confident
they were planning a sinster six
they got moribus dropping
they doing a spider-woman flick in the works
and there was talk awhile back about Silver Sable

they lucked out with the Spider-Man franchise but you cant build or whole movie universe around one character. But seems like Sony is determined to prove me wrong...

Good luck i guess

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster

DC and the 2nd Spider-Man triology is evidence that not everything has to be a shared universe or set-up for tentpole franchises
shit should happen organically or atleast shouldnt be rushed. MCU was the only franchise to date that has got it right

Venom was poloarizing but it was successful although it had nothing to do with Spider-Man (which was weird for me as a lifelong comic fan)

sometimes you fall into good forunate like the Fast Flicks did with Hobbs & Shaw. When they hired the Rock & Statham the plan wasnt to make an odd couple action flick down the rode.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
DC and the 2nd Spider-Man triology is evidence that not everything has to be a shared universe or set-up for tentpole franchises
shit should happen organically or atleast shouldnt be rushed. MCU was the only franchise to date that has got it right

Venom was poloarizing but it was successful although it had nothing to do with Spider-Man (which was weird for me as a lifelong comic fan)

sometimes you fall into good forunate like the Fast Flicks did with Hobbs & Shaw. When they hired the Rock & Statham the plan wasnt to make an odd couple action flick down the rode.

I give no credit to Sony other than letting Marvel do all the heavy lifting in the the Spiderman reboot.

and I think NOT having Feige involvement in the future?

Is a really deep self inflected wound.

I saw Venom it was OK, it was Venom.

And that was again WONDERFUL casting and Hardy CARRIED that entire flick

but IMAGINE a scene with Thor, Venom, Hulk and Spiderman?

The audience is SPOILED now and DESERVE some shared universe

NOT for EVERY character or property.

But for Spiderman?

Yeah we NEED that.

Its ALL in letting the talent BE TALENT and being good leaders.

Let's see if Sony can do that without Marvel/Disney oversight

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
How many Marvel characters does Sony have the rights to?

One thing for sure, without Feige involved they'll be hot garbage. If we stop and look back at the Maguire movies we can see how it was the novelty of a finally well-done superhero movie but they pale in comparison to any Marvel offerings. So, can we really trust Sony to do anything well without Marvel? Jamie Foxx as Electro anybody?

I like good movies, I don't care who makes them but we have to be real; Marvel has it down to a science and everybody else looks weak in comparison.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster

One thing for sure, without Feige involved they'll be hot garbage. If we stop and look back at the Maguire movies we can see how it was the novelty of a finally well-done superhero movie but they pale in comparison to any Marvel offerings. So, can we really trust Sony to do anything well without Marvel? Jamie Foxx as Electro anybody?

I like good movies, I don't care who makes them but we have to be real; Marvel has it down to a science and everybody else looks weak in comparison.

to my understanding Sony has the rights to everything related to Spider-Man
all his villians & primary allies (Venom, Carnage, Green Goblin, sinsiter six, craven, Doc Ock, Silver Sable, Spider-Women, Moribus, the Chamelon, Electro, Black Cat, the Prowler, The Lizard, etc...not really A+ material)

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Kravens half brother Chameleon was in Far From Home, under his regular identity.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Feige was low key involved with Vemon but uncredited...

I wish Sony would just hire a Marvel executive to head the Spiderman related movies...

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
Feige was low key involved with Vemon but uncredited...

I wish Sony would just hire a Marvel executive to head the Spiderman related movies...

Yes, I know.

Venom was okay but it suffered from the dreaded origin blahs. One of the things Marvel does exceedingly well is introduce and buildup their characters over several movies so they don't just pop up.

I doubt Sony will. I agree with you though. I wish they'd just let Marvel be like 50/50 or more. All they'd have to do is sit back and count their money.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Aaron Taylor-Johnson to star in Kraven the Hunter movie

By Devan Coggan
May 26, 2021 at 06:29 PM EDT

Aaron Taylor-Johnson is on the hunt.

The Avengers: Age of Ultron alum will star as Kraven the Hunter in an upcoming solo movie, Sony Pictures announced Wednesday. Triple Frontier director J.C. Chandor is directing the film, which will center on Marvel villain Sergei Kravinoff.

Stan Lee and Steve Ditko first created the notorious big game hunter Kravinoff back in 1964, and over the years, he's evolved from Spider-Man adversary to occasional anti-hero.

Taylor-Johnson, of course, is no stranger to the Marvel world, having played the silver-haired speedster Quicksilver in 2015's Avengers: Age of Ultron. (He also starred as yet another superhero in 2010's Kick-Ass.) With Kraven the Hunter, the 30-year-old British actor will be moving from Disney's Marvel Cinematic Universe to Sony's separate world of Marvel characters. In addition to sharing custody of Tom Holland's Spider-Man with Disney, Sony is building its own interconnected universe based on Marvel comic names — a universe that already includes Tom Hardy's Venom and the upcoming Morbius with Jared Leto. (As of yet, there hasn't been any crossover between the two, so don't expect to see Holland's Spidey facing off against Kraven any time soon.)

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing the Kraven the Hunter film, with a screenplay written by Art Marcum, Matt Holloway, and Richard Wenk. It's scheduled to hit theaters on Jan. 13, 2023.

@fonzerrillii @ViCiouS

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
In addition to sharing custody of Tom Holland's Spider-Man with Disney, Sony is building its own interconnected universe based on Marvel comic names — a universe that already includes Tom Hardy's Venom and the upcoming Morbius with Jared Leto. (As of yet, there hasn't been any crossover between the two, so don't expect to see Holland's Spidey facing off against Kraven any time soon.)
Guess Sony is going to make Miles Morales the SpiderMan of their universe...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Sony Bags Aaron Taylor-Johnson to Play Kraven the Hunter
By Bethy Squires

d8c571910e0458146585e795b9d62e9766-aaron-taylor-johnson-ultron.rsquare.w330.png

Photo: Disney+
Aaron Taylor-Johnson is getting a chance to double dip in Marvel’s garlic sauce. The Avengers: Age of Ultron star has signed on to play Kraven the Hunter in a film for Sony’s Spider-Man adjacent IP. According to Variety, Triple Frontier director J.C. Chandor will direct the film, from a script by Richard Wenk, Art Marcum & Matt Holloway. Taylor-Johnson got nope’d out of the MCU pretty early, so it’s nice that he’s being given a second chance — just like Chris Evans did with Johnny Storm and Captain America. And, of course, Quicksilver kind of came back in WandaVision. It’s only fair Taylor-Johnson get his turn.

Kraven the Hunter is a hoot and a half. The character was created in 1964, a Russian “Great White Hunter” type who likes to kill animals with his bare hands. Remember that study that went viral last week about which animals you could take in a fight? Kraven is the personification of it, but in skintight, head-to-toe animal print. Kraven the Hunter was an OG member of the Sinister Six, a group of villains who team up to try and defeat their shared foe Spider-Man. (Shock of all shocks, they can’t.) As a legacy member of that group, Kraven made a brief cameo in Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark. Specifically, he appears to have a cat head popping out of his chest during “A Freak Like Me Needs Company.”

The lyrics of that song seem to suggest that rather than kill animals with his bare hands, he has sex with them? Anyway, Kraven the Hunter is slated for a January 13, 2023 release.

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
Been asking myself the same thing.

Im still not sure where SONY is going with these movies.

Sony ain't sure where Sony is going with these movies. Except they're trying to wring every penny out of the characters while they can. The association with Marvel - not the movie collaborations, but the association in the minds of some people - is what they count on to make the moola.

Because as many have said, their movies are pure D trash. Except the colabs and even those felt like 2 people fighting to go in different directions.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
End credits will be Kraven approaching Morbius and Vulture as a continuation to the end credit scene for Morbius.