fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Shayna kicked Asuka's teeth out last night. She looked she might have a concussion too. :smh:

Thought the same thing when seeing it live. You can see what each person is thinking :smh:

Shayna immediately drop to check on her: Shit, I fucked up
Referee: oh fuck
Asuka barely able to stand: this bitch here. My damn tooth gone and I think it's July
Charlotte after kicking her again: what's going on here. I'll just get out the ring
Nia after then leg dropping her: shit. Somebody is going to blame this on me being reckless...again

Last edited:

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
I am so confused by this signing.
I thought Show was a WWE lifer at this point.
Not sure what kinda value he brings to AEW outside of a Shaq match.
Show is huge and will make most of their roster look like small in comparison
AEW already has alot of talent not being used/developed properly.

but it's good for the business and wrestlers to have legit options outside the WWE

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator

but it's good for the business and wrestlers to have legit options outside the WWE
I see it as those casuals fans who don't identify with most of AEW's Indy/PWG talent will automatically recognize Big Show. Just as Jericho was a must get for them. There's legit people who haven't watched wrestling in 20 years so seeing a guy like Sting & Big Show in a commercial while they're watching Basketball or maybe some random movie/tv show opens eyes to the company.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'm shocked Vince let Big Show walk from the WWE.
I too thought we was WWE for life. Guess he won't be going in their Hall of Fame anytime soon.
He still carries a big name even if his in-ring career is pretty much done at this point.
He's still able to chokeslam mothafuckas.
This was clearly a signing by AEW to bring in the casual fan.
Tony Khan must know by now that he has to have big name stars to pull in the big ratings.
Taking a bunch of indie guys and giving them some TV time isn't enough.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Guessing they move the indie talent to this show and Dark goes back to being for unused Dynamite show.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
I like the signing. Show is very charismatic, has a lot of experience and stories. Just his presence there will bring great value to AEW.

He'll be doing commentary on the new show, but I imagine they'll put him in a match or two.

He always wanted the Shaq match and would get in shape for it every WM but Vince would always change his mind about it. I always loathed the idea of them having a match or Shaq wrestling period, but now that it's likely to happen now outside of WWE, I'm kinda hoping it's a big success as a slight to Vince.

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor

Thought the same thing when seeing it live. You can see what each person is thinking :smh:

Shayna immediately drop to check on her: Shit, I fucked up
Referee: oh fuck
Asuka barely able to stand: this bitch here. My damn tooth gone and I think it's July
Charlotte after kicking her again: what's going on here. I'll just get out the ring
Nia after then keg dropping her: shit. Somebody is going to blame this on me being reckless...again

They keeping this real quiet right now

ScottyPiffen745

Registered
AEWs signing of a WWE has been was an expected move....

That's on WWE, tho. They choose to put over the same people and trash good people in the process.

Good workers like Ricochet, Andrade, Black, Keith, they could be main eventing shows anywhere else. But that narrative makes it seem like nobody should sign them if they were released because they have WWE's booking stink on them.

WWE book Asuka like shit. She's the Women's champ and has been the least relevant person in every storyline she's be in since she "won" it. If her contract was up next month, AEW shouldn't be interested in signing her because she was in WWE even though they need the star power?

AEW needed star power because their roster is basically indy wrestlers. And every old person is being used to enhance the younger guys, as opposed to WWE who use their younger guys to put over the older guys because they don't trust their younger guys to carry the company.

WWE could've found something for Big Show to do outside of the ring. I would be interested in a Big Show podcast personally, he probably has hella WCW and Attitude era stories. And for as long as Big Show has been down with them, they could've at least laced his pockets.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
That's on WWE, tho. They choose to put over the same people and trash good people in the process.

Good workers like Ricochet, Andrade, Black, Keith, they could be main eventing shows anywhere else. But that narrative makes it seem like nobody should sign them if they were released because they have WWE's booking stink on them.

WWE book Asuka like shit. She's the Women's champ and has been the least relevant person in every storyline she's be in since she "won" it. If her contract was up next month, AEW shouldn't be interested in signing her because she was in WWE even though they need the star power?

AEW needed star power because their roster is basically indy wrestlers. And every old person is being used to enhance the younger guys, as opposed to WWE who use their younger guys to put over the older guys because they don't trust their younger guys to carry the company.

WWE could've found something for Big Show to do outside of the ring. I would be interested in a Big Show podcast personally, he probably has hella WCW and Attitude era stories. And for as long as Big Show has been down with them, they could've at least laced his pockets.
Asuka is not a has been.

Big Show can barely walk straight. Can he still wrestle? Yes, but who's tuning in to watch Paul Wight?

I agree with you regarding the others you mentioned but I don't think they have really done themselves any favors.

- Ricochet has no character whatsoever and can't cut a promo at all.

- Black has a great moveset, but I wouldn't push him as my top star, what with his demonic and satanic imagery. He wouldn't even be allowed to wrestle in Saudi. On top of that, his wife didn't help his situation.

- Andrade, similar to Ricochet, no real character other than he's Mexican and Mr. Charlotte Flair. How many Andrade like dudes does WWE have. It's like they are all clones of his.

- Lee, has the biggest upside and limitless potential but he's kind of limited himself to be honest. His promos are lacking and the brother should lose some weight. Catching COVID-19/getting hurt when he didn't help him either.

AEW signing away Big Show was just them trying to create a buzz. Yes, it caused a stir but is it something that is going to create a lasting impression?

I think not.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
Asuka is not a has been.

Big Show can barely walk straight. Can he still wrestle? Yes, but who's tuning in to watch Paul Wight?

I agree with you regarding the others you mentioned but I don't think they have really done themselves any favors.

- Black has a great moveset, but I wouldn't push him as my top star, what with his demonic and satanic imagery. He wouldn't even be allowed to wrestle in Saudi. On top of that, his wife didn't help his situation.

- Andrade, similar to Ricochet, no real character other than he's Mexican and Mr. Charlotte Flair. How many Andrade like dudes does WWE have. It's like they are all clones of his.

- Lee, has the biggest upside and limitless potential but he's kind of limited himself to be honest. His promos are lacking and the brother should lose some weight. Catching COVID-19/getting hurt when he didn't help him either.

AEW signing away Big Show was just them trying to create a buzz. Yes, it caused a stir but is it something that is going to create a lasting impression?

I think not.

I agree with most of your assessments but a company should maximize their talent. Especially when some of that talent is so gifted in other facets. Instead of punishing cats like Riochet or Andreas for not being the next Rock or Stone Cold put em in positions that focus on their positives while minimizing their weaknesses.

Andreas took off when he was paired with Selena

Ricochet was over in NXT where they focused on wrestling not personality

Alexa Bliss is limited in the ring but is above average regarding heracting skills for a wrestler and she is in angle that suits her strengths

It's not easy but there are 2 many talented wrestlers on the roster stuck in catering because they dont fit the perfect wwe mold.

WWE got lucky that Drew finally got it together and Reigns came back. Outside of those 2 (and Seth) I dont think they have any male full time talent that they've developed as legit wrestlemania event caliber under forty.

what happens if Drew gets hurt or Reigns goes Hollywood?

ScottyPiffen745

Registered
Asuka is not a has been.

I think not.

They treat Asuka like an afterthought. That tag team thing was all about Charlotte. They made her look like a chump to build up Alexa Bliss. She's defended that title like four times since she's had it. When they pulled her match Sunday, they didn't think to give her another opponent, they just dropped her off the card. And she's going to drop the title to Charlotte at Fast lane.

Mick Foley didn't walk straight the whole second half of his career, could still work a match. Show is in good shape from where he was and he's mainly going to be on commentary for the YouTube show, not wrestling.

Ricochet, Black and Andrade were pushed by Heyman. Heyman got fired from his producer role and their pushes died. When wrestlers don't have direction from creative, they become the same generic happy-go-lucky guy who's always backstage just acting like they're just happy to be working for WWE.

And if Black's imagery is too satanic, what the fuck was The Undertaker? Or Kane who literally dragged people to hell. Like Alexa Bliss ain't on Raw right now doing satanic shit. Like Vince didn't book himself a match vs. God. The producer of Hell in a Cell and the Inferno match. Randy Orton MURDERED a guy like two months ago. Too satanic for Saudi Arabia? Where a journalist was real life killed for talking shit about the WWE deal before a Saudi PPV?

And Vince didn't like Lee from day one of his call-up. Lee was over in NXT just like Ricochet. Vince made him change his music, change his gear, sent him (not Nia Jax) to get training and booked him for non-finishes week after week. He got that one win over Orton and it's been downhill from there.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
And if Black's imagery is too satanic, what the fuck was The Undertaker? Or Kane who literally dragged people to hell. Like Alexa Bliss ain't on Raw right now doing satanic shit. Like Vince didn't book himself a match vs. God. The producer of Hell in a Cell and the Inferno match. Randy Orton MURDERED a guy like two months ago. Too satanic for Saudi Arabia? Where a journalist was real life killed for talking shit about the WWE deal before a Saudi PPV?
I mean his tattoos. He has demonic tattoos that already kept him from Saudi. He may have to dressup covered head to toe to go to Saudi.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
They treat Asuka like an afterthought. That tag team thing was all about Charlotte. They made her look like a chump to build up Alexa Bliss. She's defended that title like four times since she's had it. When they pulled her match Sunday, they didn't think to give her another opponent, they just dropped her off the card. And she's going to drop the title to Charlotte at Fast lane.

Mick Foley didn't walk straight the whole second half of his career, could still work a match. Show is in good shape from where he was and he's mainly going to be on commentary for the YouTube show, not wrestling.

Ricochet, Black and Andrade were pushed by Heyman. Heyman got fired from his producer role and their pushes died. When wrestlers don't have direction from creative, they become the same generic happy-go-lucky guy who's always backstage just acting like they're just happy to be working for WWE.

And Vince didn't like Lee from day one of his call-up. Lee was over in NXT just like Ricochet. Vince made him change his music, change his gear, sent him (not Nia Jax) to get training and booked him for non-finishes week after week. He got that one win over Orton and it's been downhill from there.
Asuka doesn't speak English that well, that is always going to be a burden for any Japanese star. She's got the goods but she isn't someone you could market to a wide audience. Sucks but it is what it is.

Mick Foley was a walking cripple but he still work well enough, had a good move set and could realistically sell. Paul White should not sell to anyone yet he'll probably get squashed by midgets in AEW. The entire roster will look like midgets next to Big Show.

So Paul Herman's removal is to blame for those guys not getting over? Did Paul Heyman have a hand with helping MVP and the Hurt Business get over. Man, the talent themselves have as much to blame.

See my post above regarding the satanic imagery I was referring to regarding Black. Again, his choices are limiting him.

Again with Lee, he still needs work. His promos are wack and he needs to get in shape. Yes, they "sent him down" but he was still main eventing RAW that same week.