XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I see you Rey. Don't worry. She was born in 2001 so we good.

https://www.instagram.com/aalyahgutierrez/?hl=en
118560641_2620046998248147_7226179560778168266_n.jpg

117872808_623025395286342_1690280121518070363_n.jpg
I was trying to figure out who that was. Saw a couple wrestlers posting pics with her. Thought she was a pop singer or something.
I'll reserve judgment because she still looks mad young and out of respect to Rey. :giggle:

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is fucked up

I don't see how this would hold up in court, but unfortunately most of the current WWE wrestlers would be too scared to challenge Vince in court.
How the fuck you gonna tell someone they can't use their own birth name outside of WWE?
I can understand WWE banning guys from using their on-screen name elsewhere.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't see how this would hold up in court, but unfortunately most of the current WWE wrestlers would be too scared to challenge Vince in court.
How the fuck you gonna tell someone they can't use their own birth name outside of WWE?
I can understand WWE banning guys from using their on-screen name elsewhere.

I think WWE has the legal standing not allow talent to use trademark names or promote themselves outside of WWE using the WWE.
I think as long as the talent use their real names and dont mention WWE they'll be straight in court if it ever came to that

But this is a way to discourage talent from creating their own identity and making money outside of the WWE. WWE wants all the power and wants to hold em by the balls. If talent doesnt comply as independent contractors WWE can fire em at any time (the indpendent contractor designation is a fucking joke)

They see things like being the Elite
They see Austin Creed doing his thing own his own
They see all the wrestling podcasts

And they want in

Hopefully someone like AJ Styles stands up to Vince.
He owns his name, he was a name before the WWE and is a legit main eventer

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
AJ Styles will not challenge Vince. He's at the tail end of his career, a fellow Trumper/Conservative shitbag and has probably made more money with WWE than he's ever made with TNA/Impact/NJPW.

I hope Austin Creed/Xavier Woods challenges him. Fuck it.

Woods had a popular platform in Up Up, Down Down, before letting WWE take over, he is a legit nerd/gamer/online personality who is probably in a position to make more money outside of wrestling without risking further injury.

I legit hope these wrestlers challenge him and form a union.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
I legit hope these wrestlers challenge him and form a union.

a Union will never happen in wrestling or MMA imo

in order to work you'll need someone high up the food chain and who has mad enough money to say fuck Vince/Dana (someone like Connor, Reigns, etc)
those dudes up the food chain make so much money & have so much power compared to the rank & file that they arent as concerned with their issues

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
a Union will never happen in wrestling or MMA imo

in order to work you'll need someone high up the food chain and who has mad enough money to say fuck Vince/Dana (someone like Connor, Reigns, etc)
those dudes up the food chain make so much money & have so much power compared to the rank & file that they arent as concerned with their issues
Nah, it can work in Wrestling. Similar to the Screen Actors Guild and how stuntment/women are included, if they are performing onscreen, they should be able to join/form a union.

Wrestlers are literally athletic stunt actors who are the main attraction.

MMA, probably not as easy since it is viewed as a legit (Singles) sport.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think WWE has the legal standing not allow talent to use trademark names or promote themselves outside of WWE using the WWE.
I think as long as the talent use their real names and dont mention WWE they'll be straight in court if it ever came to that

But this is a way to discourage talent from creating their own identity and making money outside of the WWE. WWE wants all the power and wants to hold em by the balls. If talent doesnt comply as independent contractors WWE can fire em at any time (the indpendent contractor designation is a fucking joke)

They see things like being the Elite
They see Austin Creed doing his thing own his own
They see all the wrestling podcasts

And they want in

Hopefully someone like AJ Styles stands up to Vince.
He owns his name, he was a name before the WWE and is a legit main eventer

I think it is that AND Vince wants to go back to a time when the persona of the wrestler was what you saw on TV. Hacksaw Jim Duggan talks about the time he and the Iron Sheik got arrested together Vince was PISSED!!! Cause they were supposed to hate each other at the time. Vince has gotta hate seeing Triple H being in Floyds entourage and not having his cast on. Having to see a guy who is supposed to be this mean heel giving birthday wishes to some Jewish kid in Long Island has to eat him up inside. "Why even work with Make A Wish for GODsake?!?!"

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I think it is that AND Vince wants to go back to a time when the persona of the wrestler was what you saw on TV. Hacksaw Jim Duggan talks about the time he and the Iron Sheik got arrested together Vince was PISSED!!! Cause they were supposed to hate each other at the time. Vince has gotta hate seeing Triple H being in Floyds entourage and not having his cast on. Having to see a guy who is supposed to be this mean heel giving birthday wishes to some Jewish kid in Long Island has to eat him up inside. "Why even work with Make A Wish for GODsake?!?!"
Vince can't have his cake and eat it too. Kayfabe is long dead, especially with a Network that has shows devoted to showing off the backstage workings of wrestler lives.

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This should be the storyline to why retribution was formed the leader should be C.M. Punk and this is a way to bring Brock back as an independent contractor angle or even John Cena as a heel/baby face in retribution going against McMahon for not allowing them to make a living outside of WWE this will allow them to show up in spots an Punk, Lesnar Cena thats a stable its almost like a wrestling union angle

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Vince can't have his cake and eat it too. Kayfabe is long dead, especially with a Network that has shows devoted to showing off the backstage workings of wrestler lives.

Vince HATES the network! The only thing he likes about it is he doesn't have to share the revenue of PPV buys

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Nah, it can work in Wrestling. Similar to the Screen Actors Guild and how stuntment/women are included, if they are performing onscreen, they should be able to join/form a union.

+ They should form an agreement with the stuntmen union as well.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster

+ They should form an agreement with the stuntmen union as well.

if it were that easy it would've happened a long time ago
there has been talk about the bullshit independent contractors and wrestling union for decades

i dont know the specifics but there is a reason(s) it has happened yet and proably wont happen in the forseeable future
WWE & AEW had cats coming during COVID and then WWE told ppl to keep their diagnosis to themselves. But maybe this 3rd party BS will be the straw that breaks the camel's back