XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I been asking it for months….i do not get this Toni Storm shit. I think she’s boring.

It's weird. I feel like the gimmick while originally interesting, has run its course.
I guess I'm the only one that still likes her new gimmick.
It's the best work she's ever done and it has her more over than ever.
In the WWE and before this new gimmick in AEW, her character was just blah and not interesting at all.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Goddamn......with buys so low, WWE minus whale draft the entire TNA brand tonight on SmackDown and make it the developmental brand for NXT.
Shame, they had a lot of buzz at the end of last year when they chose to go back to the TNA name and D'Amore was still in charge. What a fall.....

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor
I guess I'm the only one that still likes her new gimmick.
It's the best work she's ever done and it has her more over than ever.
In the WWE and before this new gimmick in AEW, her character was just blah and not interesting at all.
Nah Toni is amazing. As far as wrestling gimmicks getting stale, that's symptomatic of how much wrestling content we consume now. The Undertaker would be an absolute meme if he debuted in the modern era if the character even got any traction at all.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Goddamn......with buys so low, WWE minus whale draft the entire TNA brand tonight on SmackDown and make it the developmental brand for NXT.
Shame, they had a lot of buzz at the end of last year when they chose to go back to the TNA name and D'Amore was still in charge. What a fall.....

This is dumb but I just got a laugh out of it.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Queen Aminata

151EF95C-B3B6-46B6-9B18-D342EA262274-97527-00001E10456108263c9ee0dbd661ef90.jpg

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I hated the spinner championship but that's actually a nice looking belt. The blue strap and silver plates look nice.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You got to pay talent what their worth or they'll walk. It's as simple as that. You had Okada all those years and you criminally underpaid him. The same with Nakamura, Styles, Omega, White, Ospreay, etc. The amount of talent that has come and gone through New Japan is staggering. Don't get sad because American promotions are giving these guys the bag. Got to break bread if you want people to stay.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The tribalism is one sided, the WWE doesn't even acknowledge the existence of that shitty company. The fans just make fun of the shitty product, this isn't a competition. AEW is just a punchline.

I highly disagree with that. All you need to do is spend 10 minutes on Twitter to see the tribalism coming from WWE and AEW marks. It's definitely two sided. I personally don't care because I enjoy wrestling regardless of the tribalism. I don't hold malice for any wrestling company. ALL wrestling promotions need to do well for the industry as a whole. It's as simple as that.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I highly disagree with that. All you need to do is spend 10 minutes on Twitter to see the tribalism coming from WWE and AEW marks. It's definitely two sided. I personally don't care because I enjoy wrestling regardless of the tribalism. I don't hold malice for any wrestling company. ALL wrestling promotions need to do well for the industry as a whole. It's as simple as that.
I was more talking about the companies role in the tribalism, but the difference between the fans is AEW fans are dead serious and take everything as a personal attacks and wwe fans are just having fun shitting on a clearly inferior product that makes a mockery of pro wrestling. Lol

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was more talking about the companies role in the tribalism, but the difference between the fans is AEW fans are dead serious and take everything as a personal attacks and wwe fans are just having fun shitting on a clearly inferior product that makes a mockery of pro wrestling. Lol

I've seen it both ways from both fanbases. There's different types of fans in every wrestling promotion with a variety of opinions. It's never an ALL AEW fans are like this or an ALL WWE fans are like that kind of thing. There's toxic AEW fans, WWE fans, New Japan fans, and Stardom fans just as there's good AEW fans, WWE fans, New Japan fans, and Stardom fans. We got to move past these generalizations.