fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I forgot all about those thumb wrestlers. I never see them come up online in videos or conversations.

I've had my fair share of those growing up. I remember having the Hogan and Big John Stud thumb wrestlers. I had them with me when my mom took me with her to see the play Beauty Shop at the Fox theater in the late 80's. When we got outside I told her that I couldn't find Big John Stud. She went back in there and got it.

I just checked. They for cheap on eBay, even in good condition. I gotta pick up them up again.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To be fair a lot of this is on Shotzi. I know Charlotte is capable of working faster than this. From my observation it looks like Charlotte has to slow down and guide Shotzi because Shotzi has never been a good worker and if the match was done at a faster speed it would result in a lot of botches. I can always tell if someone's a good worker or not based on how they run the ropes.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To be fair a lot of this is on Shotzi. I know Charlotte is capable of working faster than this. From my observation it looks like Charlotte has to slow down and guide Shotzi because Shotzi has never been a good worker and if the match was done at a faster speed it would result in a lot of botches. I can always tell if someone's a good worker or not based on how they run the ropes.

This is just wrestling. Everybody has garbage matches like this. The problem I have is if this was on AEW it would be how shytty the women's division is and the ladies need to be fired. Granted the women's division is NOT on par with WWE, but the biases is so blatant sometimes.

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

That's tough to watch. You should never watch a match holding you breath and shielding you eyes when someone does a basic move. It makes it more obvious when Charlotte's long ass arms and legs draws more attention to the awkwardness. Since they cover some much TV screen surface area. Lol.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

I can't stand that green haired bitch and her dumbass gimmick. Her and her tank are so fucking dumb.

Charlotte Flair can make damn near anyone look good in a match but couldn't help her one bit.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I think it's delayed so the "Whoa" comes through on the air. It's a thing now.
Nah that's not nitpicking, really lame to delay it. It's the part where fans get to interact with the song.
I get wanting the audio to come through on air but having that crowd participation part with the explosion would make the moment feel bigger.

Having that delay always feel like an awkward second where Cody is just waiting with his arms in the air after the crowd is already done participating. Like, "c'mon explode already."

I've noticed the same thing with Edge's Pyro lately. Mayne it's just a new pryo team :dunno:
It's not a big deal. I just hope they have their A team working Mania.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

Charlotte honestly looked annoyed at having to carry her to a half way decent match. She look legit as unfamiliar and uninterested with Shotzi as the crowd when she came out looking like a damn fool in that tank go cart. She didn’t get interested in the match until Rhea came out.

I love that they were smart enough to give Rhea a submission finisher. I think Rhea beats Charlotte with a pin, but the submission moves/will she tap moments are going to have the crowd hype!

Whatever match comes after might be in trouble.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Skye Blue

FB_IMG_1677989757516.jpg

FB_IMG_1677620752582.jpg

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
:lol:

Makes me want to go back rewatch some of wrestling's best swerves to watch the reactions of the fans on the heel's side.

This made my day. Loved how invested they are in the story. Lolz at the heel student. Lil man was giving off that Bobby Heenan energy.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Honestly it doesn't matter if he's healthy or not his matches are always average at best. With Wyatt it's like watching Avengers: Endgame over and over again and never getting the epic Thanos/Avengers battle at the end.

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This made my day. Loved how invested they are in the story. Lolz at the heel student. Lil man was giving off that Bobby Heenan energy.
That was me all day, Four Horseman all day, Midnight Express, Bad News Brown, Mr. Perfect and Rick Rude were my guys. I hated Hogan Dusty, Magnum TA, Sting (till this day) Rock N Roll Express. The only babyface I liked were the Road Warriors

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Honestly it doesn't matter if he's healthy or not his matches are always average at best. With Wyatt it's like watching Avengers: Endgame over and over again and never getting the epic Thanos/Avengers battle at the end.

The red herring was his first match with Kane in an Inferno Match. Which is as a shitty gimmick match to begin with. It was a blessing for him to have Rowan and Harper because they were good in the ring. I don't know the real details for why this is happening so how ever this plays out is whatever as long as folks stay healthy.

As a horror movie fan, what he did with Cena at Mania is an all timer. The closest thing we'll have to a Nightmare on Elm street in wrestling... Well not quite

But you know what I mean.

But when I can change Bray's moves in WWE 2k23, he'll be fire. And the booking will make sense.

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor
Question about Cody Rhodes entrance ....

When is the pyro supposed to go off? It seems like it supposed to exploded on the, "Whoa!!!!"
But every show they seem to miss the mark and it goes off late.
Even the game nailed the "whoa!!!!"

I know it's a nitpick, but it just seems like the kind of thing they'd get right for the guy slated to be the next top guy.
Can you imagine them messing up Roman's pyro. Hell what about Brock?!?! He'd probably walk backstage and give the pyro guy a F5.

They fixed it for you this week lol

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When Warner Media/Discovery said they wanted more AEW content they weren't lying. Dynamite, Rampage, All Access and now another in ring wrestling show. This is really great news for AEW when talks begin for a new TV contract. AEW about to get a massive deal.

This is good!!..I wonder if they going to move AEW Dark or AEW Dark:Elevation to that new TV contract??