Rising Star
Registered
Just wondering if you'd recognize ole fivehead Nury. "I sooo drunk!"

20621234-1600510340021642-952504648091802845-n.jpg
Screen-Hunter-159.jpg

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I enjoyed my time in mexico went a couple times and stayed in Playa del carmen and Tulum. good food, good vibes, quiet and felt safe where i was at but knew that shit could change at some point...

I know a few people that have houses/condos down there and live there part time.....not me,... it was cool but I didn't love it THAT much

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
My parents honeymooned in Puerto Vallarta back in the early 70s. I should go and visit where they stayed.

It was pretty nice. Stayed at the Playa Los Arcos each time. Easy to get around on foot and the weather / temps were agreeable.

Zihuatanejo a year later in Dec. 2019 was intense. Stayed at an airbnb - temp was 110 plus by late-morning each day. Had to lay low and stay hydrated.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Temporary Residency
  • Monthly income of at least c.US$3,275 over the last 6 months (some consulates request 12 months); OR
  • Savings/investments account balance(s) of at least c.US$54,600 over the last 12 months; OR
  • You can also apply for Temporary Residency based on the value of a house you own in Mexico, or if you make a capital investment in Mexico. See the section below for more details.
Permanent Residency
  • Monthly income of at least c.US$5,460 over the last 6 months (some consulates request 12 months); OR
  • Savings/investments account balance(s) of at least c.US$218,000 over the last 12 months.
Rent is dirt cheap, why would you need that amount of money?

This might be in retaliation to you know who and to highlight that immigration is reciprocal. They show up broke as a joke, depressing wages. That land did belong to Mexico at one time. Once I started seeing black people posting videos, I knew this was about to happen.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
I wrote about this awhile back:

The lack of reparations for slavery has created a black U.S. dollar and white U.S. dollar with an exchange rate. A Mexican immigrant coming to the U.S. to live in a high cost area with his savings earned in Mexico is equivalent to us. Somebody in Mexico earning their wages would never be able to buy the housing, cars sold here, or other luxury items.

iu

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My sister lives in Puerto Vallarta. I have a friend in Guadalajara. Another in Queretaro. All of them love Mexico and have zero plans on ever coming back to the states. It's on my list

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
When I finalize everything, I'm going to be setting up in another country. If there's any weird behavior like in the US than I'm taking off.

It is horrible the affordable housing situation in the United States.

I don't know about Mexico, I'm wondering why people are leaving.

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When I finalize everything, I'm going to be setting up in another country. If there's any weird behavior like in the US than I'm taking off.

It is horrible the affordable housing situation in the United States.

I don't know about Mexico, I'm wondering why people are leaving.

I mentioned it a couple of times in this thread, but I can tell you my sister used to live in suburban Philly (Voorhees NJ) and paid the same in rent as she does now living in Puerto Vallarta, a couple blocks from the beach. Her bills are slashed like crazy, and it's just a cheaper cost of living in general. And PV is more expensive than other cities since it's a tourist location. I have other expat friends who moved to Guadalajara and Queretaro. It irritates me how little they pay in rent, ubers, food, etc.