DCPG
BGOL Investor
It’s here…
images

Y’all have at it!

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
How many of you all remember when McD's had the conveyor belts installed that were supposed to speed up service? It lasted only a few years in the 80s. They took the ones out but there are some that still remain:

daddyfatsacks9000

Unapologetic Heterosexual Male
BGOL Investor
Paying what use to be kids, grown folks wages…ain’t sustainable when you selling burgers and fries.

One adult and two kids paying damn near 30 for mediocre fast food don’t make no sense.

Robotics and AI gonna eliminate a lot of you mf’ers.

Think ahead,

Carry on….
They been warning fast food workers about this for years. If you're still trying to earn a living as an adult, and you still have no marketable skills? R.I.P.
A.I. and automation could probably do both y'all muthafuckas jobs to be perfectly honest. ANYBODY can be replaced. But hey, most cats that post on here a fortune 500 CEO's or millionaire entrepreneurs. So what do I know?

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wonder if McDonald's will change up if customers stop giving them business because of automation.

giphy.gif

I have always been of the belief that machines should assist man, not replace him or her.

Monday evening I went to Rite Aid just to purchase some laundry detergent and fabric softener, I had to wait about 15 minutes just to get those items. Why? A few years ago, Rite Aid, CVS, and possibly a few other drug stores decided to minimize the amount of employees the had on cash registers, and replace them with self-service machines.

Well, there was only 1 cashier available and he asked me to stand in line because the items I wanted were locked up in a case.

About 10 minutes later, a second employee (the manager) appeared, but she had to assist him with the ever growing line (a few people left because of the long wait). When I finally got to his register, he asked the manager to assist me, while he continued to assist paying customers.

The manager help me, but had to de-escalate a potential argument because the young black woman, who had been waiting for assistance also, got upset because the manager was assisting me (she never realized I had been standing in line waiting for help).

Rite Aid, basically only had 2 staff members available that evening, and things definitely would have run smoother with more staff be available.

On a personal note, in my very brief work history, I have never encountered a machine or some form of technology that didn’t malfunction. In addition, when you call business or agency, I just love the amount of time I have to spend pressing 1 for English, and then press 4 if you need assistance with (you know the drill).

Only to have to spend the next 1 hour and 40 minutes on the phone with the Internal Revenue Service (I'm being very serious here).

Last edited:

Princenubian

Rising Star
Registered
But this was never the issue.

Profit was never the issue?

Whenever robotics is in play, it’s to eliminate a persons salary, sick days vacation time, break and 8 hr shift.

I remember when GM went robotics and had a 24 hr crew to maintain the steel crew.

It was said that GM would lose 50K a minute if the assembly line went down.

Unless I’m missing something….help a ni99a out.

Carry on….

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Profit was never the issue?

Whenever robotics is in play, it’s to eliminate a persons salary, sick days vacation time, break and 8 hr shift.

I remember when GM went robotics and had a 24 hr crew to maintain the steel crew.

It was said that GM would lose 50K a minute if the assembly line went down.

Unless I’m missing something….help a ni99a out.

Carry on….
Im saying this was never about sustainability or paying youth adult wages. It was always about corporate greed and maximizing profits. These workers have historically been underpaid and overworked and once public trends began to move toward so-called fair wages the corporations planned and pivoted to automation.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
You see this coming from a mile away. Automation/technology is already eliminating jobs (ChatGPT, robotic automation, etc). The only thing you can do is stay ahead of the curve.

Haven't watched the vid yet, but I'm assuming this McD's is cashless, right?

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I'm curious about the accuracy?
You saw the end of the automated Texas vid above? No meat or anything but a bun and onions.

How do you go back and say your order was wrong. If they can fix that then I see many nuccas lying saying many things weren't in the bag lol.

"yo yo, I didn't get my big Mac and and and other chicken sammich, yeah, where is it Joffrey?!"
- somewhere in the BX

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You saw the end of the automated Texas vid above? No meat or anything but a bun and onions.

How do you go back and say your order was wrong. If they can fix that then I see many nuccas lying saying many things weren't in the bag lol.

"yo yo, I didn't get my big Mac and and and other chicken sammich, yeah, where is it Joffrey?!"
- somewhere in the BX

/dead

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Speaking somewhat about automation, just saw Walmart is raising their min pay across all stores. Some will start making anywhere from $15-17 an hour. So that means they will have less and less employees.

And talking to someone few weeks back that blew my mind and I never knew...
Walmart, all products of anything they sell (other than Great Value I assume), is all on consignment. It's why their prices can be so low. You as a business owner pay Walmart a percentage of what you sell. And Walmart tells you what you will sell your product for.

So being they don't deal with buying their stock, employees in the automation era will become more scarce, I can imagine what their model will become.

They already have robots roaming the store in my area that checks stock levels. The thing drives around the store by itself. They also have one that cleans, all automated.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Speaking somewhat about automation, just saw Walmart is raising their min pay across all stores. Some will start making anywhere from $15-17 an hour. So that means they will have less and less employees.

And talking to someone few weeks back that blew my mind and I never knew...
Walmart, all products of anything they sell (other than Great Value I assume), is all on consignment. It's why their prices can be so low. You as a business owner pay Walmart a percentage of what you sell. And Walmart tells you what you will sell your product for.

So being they don't deal with buying their stock, employees in the automation era will become more scarce, I can imagine what their model will become.

They already have robots roaming the store in my area that checks stock levels. The thing drives around the store by itself. They also have one that cleans, all automated.

So is the next level of this being the people who design, build and maintain these machines?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The Ice Cream machine is always broken but this shit suppose to work 24/7?
I actually posted the investigation documentary about the ice cream machine ordeal.. apparently McDonald’s is making side money with the manufacture of those purposely faulty machines.. you can only order those machines if you own a McDonald’s and you can’t try to fix it yourself or hire an outside party to fix it..you have to ask the manufacturer to come to fix it for a high ass fee.. someway McDonald’s gets a cut of that or gets a cut of the money buying the machine.. it was an interesting story to say the least on how companies work together secretly fucking people over

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Muthafuckas really swear they are not part of the

plan to be eliminated, oh its just THEM I dont have to worry...

the top one percent of the parasitic elite LOVE me, Im

not like those poor fast food workers... IM educated....

WELL keep THINKING you DIFFERENT...

Lawyers and their jobs are no longer safe from AI and automation

But, as we discovered in a recent research collaboration to analyze legal briefs using a branch of artificial intelligence known as machine learning, lawyers’ jobs are a lot less safe than we thought

We are currently witnessing what its doing to Artist, folks are blown away by AI artwork....

Keep thinkin you different and not one of those people!!

the goal is to AUTOMATE EVERYTHING... make all human life form obsolete,

depopulate the masses and incorporate automation and robotics....

that shit failed before it got started...

We were suppose to be a paperless society since year 2000...

HA!... I just ran out of printer paper and have to pick up a ream....

damn last time I purchased a ream it was five dollars, now they asking

for Ten, Im like gatdam whats in the fuckin paper pearl chips and ivory

or some shit...

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah reminds me when I first saw the reboots back in 2017 roaming certain neighborhoods in DC delivering food....

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
So is the next level of this being the people who design, build and maintain these machines?
Probably so. Will always need people to fix them I suppose. But I'm sure also they will have backups of machines to keep things working and flowing smoothly.

I'm not a fan of the thing where you order your items and pick it up. I prefer to pick up things myself shopping. But in my area, the lines of cars waiting to pickup orders is crazy at times.

So I'm sure at some point that too will be automated.

Some stores like Home Depot and Walmart have a locker system when you buy products and you come in the store to pickup. Just go to a screen and type in your pickup code, the locker opens, pickup your stuff and leave.

I remember when I bought a pair of LED screens, the machines were broke at this one Walmart and someone had to bring me the screens but many were pissed and waiting