Mathew Knowles on Making First Million, Benefits of Renting vs Owning Home

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
damn now that was interesting.... bruh and his wife was paid waaaay before beyonce...

and now we know how beyonce was able to rock them killer weaves..lol

I think this bruh knowles here has a lot of jewels to drop....

oh and prepare for the multi page thread on is is better to rent or to own in

five four three two....................

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
First time I’ve listened to this guy. Obviously he started out with several unique “products”: wife who managed a top hair salon and daughters as top entertainers. But, he’s giving out serious good advice for any entrepreneur. I made a decision several years ago that I no longer wanted to live in a house that I owned. Especially with so many great apartments available. I have real estate that allows me to take advantage of the tax breaks, but I don’t have to deal with maintenance or any of the stress of homeownership like leaky roof or plumbing. Hope all of BGOL can stay focused on the knowledge that he’s bringing and not deal with the side story.

Last edited:

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered
First time I’ve listened to this guy. Obviously he started out with several unique “products”: wife who managed a top hair salon and daughters as top entertainers. But, he’s giving out serious good advice for any entrepreneur. I made a decision several years ago that I no longer wanted to live in a house that I owned. Especially with so many great apartments available. I have real estate that allows me to take advantage of the tax breaks, but I don’t have to deal with maintenance or any of the stress. Hope all of BGOL can stay focused on the knowledge that he’s bringing and not deal with the side story.
Interesting...

*two cents*

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
First time I’ve listened to this guy. Obviously he started out with several unique “products”: wife who managed a top hair salon and daughters as top entertainers. But, he’s giving out serious good advice for any entrepreneur. I made a decision several years ago that I no longer wanted to live in a house that I owned. Especially with so many great apartments available. I have real estate that allows me to take advantage of the tax breaks, but I don’t have to deal with maintenance or any of the stress of homeownership like leaky roof or plumbing. Hope all of BGOL can stay focused on the knowledge that he’s bringing and not deal with the side story.

when you say you have real estate that allows you to take advantage of tax breaks but not have to deal with maintenance or any of the stress of home ownership...

how is that possible... you still have to maintain your real estate right..?

break dat shit down bruh

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
when you say you have real estate that allows you to take advantage of tax breaks but not have to deal with maintenance or any of the stress of home ownership...

how is that possible... you still have to maintain your real estate right..?

break dat shit down bruh
I co own apartments that are professionally property managed. I get the taxation advantages without having to unstop a toilet

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You no longer want to own your residence but you own rental properties? That’s weird as hell.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
They eat into at least 10% of any income. If you have the time and contractors to do it, you might as well manage it yourself. Fuck that, I manage my commercial office building myself with Mexican contractors who are always on time and inexpensive.
what percentage of your rental income goes to maintenance?

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
You no longer want to own your residence but you own rental properties? That’s weird as hell.

Yeah, he’s ok with being responsible for fixing all of his renter’s faulty plumbing but not his own.. Strange.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
what percentage of your rental income goes to maintenance?
Very little. Always less than 12% a year. My building is a twenty year old A Class Office building that I bought on short sale in 2012. The most expensive thing I ever did to it was replace the roof and two ac units that got stolen. Otherwise it’s just plumbing and heating and air maintenance. I got some loyal Mexican dudes that do everything and a Nigerian guy who handles heating and air very reasonably priced. All it takes is a text and they are there.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Very little. Always less than 12% a year. My building is a twenty year old A Class Office building that I bought on short sale in 2012. The most expensive thing I ever did to it was replace the roof and two ac units that got stolen. Otherwise it’s just plumbing and heating and air maintenance. I got some loyal Mexican dudes that do everything and a Nigerian guy who handles heating and air very reasonably priced. All it takes is a text and they are there.

how much goes into advertising for occupants??

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I APPRECIATE THIS POST BECAUSE I GREW UP IN THE PROJECTS AND HOME OWNERSHIP HAS BEEN A MAJOR PRIORITY FOR ME,BUT NOW I HAVE A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE,ACQUIRE
PROPERT,USE IT ,DO NOT BE IN LOVE WITH IT,IT IS A TOOL

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
dude is using the same jedi mind tricks he is talking about. No one is making a million off a hair salon today much less back in the 80's.

KunningLinguist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So, what agenda rich people are pushing? Home ownership is wealth. Didn't Knowles say he owned property? This is a crazy backward world. If you pay cash and own the property then you are in good shape. Just pay taxes and insurance.

why does it have to be an agenda?

everyone isnt interested in owning a 'house'....im not

i am interested in owning apartment buildings though....