Massachusetts Says Cops Need Warrant To Stick GPS Device On Your Car

Fat Women Smell Like Shit

Potential Star
Registered
Massachusetts Says Cops Need Warrant To Stick GPS Device On Your Car

from the that-makes-two-states dept

For the past few years, it's become increasingly common for police to put GPS devices on suspects' cars to track where they are. But, that's kicked up a bunch of legal questions concerning whether or not it's legal to do that without a warrant. So far, the courts have not really agreed. Earlier this year, we saw one court (a federal appeals court, 4th circuit) say that police didn't need a warrant, but then, just days later, a court in NY ruled the other way, saying that it was a violation of the 4th Amendment. Now, the state Supreme Court in Massachusetts has weighed in as well, again saying that a warrant is needed to put a GPS device on your car. So that makes NY and Massachusetts as states where police can't randomly stick GPS devices on your car. The other 48 states? Good luck...

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090930/0051136364.shtml

HALO2

CONNOISSEUR OF FINE WOMEN
Registered
I have nothign to hide, so they can follow me,monitor my e mails and phone calls..

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have nothign to hide, so they can follow me,monitor my e mails and phone calls..

I hear a lot of people say that. Do you let your woman go through your wallet, cell phone, emails too? I mention this because I know a lot of dudes who get pissed off if their woman tried to run thru their shit. If your woman can't, but the cops can, that's off like crazy. Just saying.

bobcat422

Star
BGOL Investor
Mutha Fuccas Is Crazy... (fucc One Time)... Even If I Dont Have Nothn To Hide Im Not Lettn Them Fags Moniter Shit Of Mines...

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member

it's not about just your personal life....

what if by coincidence your vehicle is right by a murder scene when it happened...

oolong tea

Rising Star
Registered
I have nothing to hide, so they can follow me,monitor my e mails and phone calls..

Hells no! Not without offering me a reality television series with syndication rights. :D. This guy can sell himself cheap if he wants.

HALO2

Registered
I hear a lot of people say that. Do you let your woman go through your wallet, cell phone, emails too? I mention this because I know a lot of dudes who get pissed off if their woman tried to run thru their shit. If your woman can't, but the cops can, that's off like crazy. Just saying.

my girl isn't jealous at all, I dont' give her a reason to be, but sometimes we use the same computer. She can check my e mails and cell if she wants to. Maybe she has I dont' know. I have nothing to hide.

HALO2

Registered
it's not about just your personal life....

what if by coincidence your vehicle is right by a murder scene when it happened...

I'll tell you what my brother told me when I asked him about this, the number one thing you need to get a conviction is MOTIVE....and if not that, physical evidence linking the person to the crime...DNA or fingerprints.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor

Ofcourse he does, he is a bitch

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
i'm sure this will affect chip implant technology as well because it is also a form of tracking. i hope some one argues this shit using this ruling as the ground work.

Acur

wannabe star
Registered
hide a pistol in your mouth black devil

they are the criminals dumb ass.

You are a bitter bastard forget your personal bad experiences. I'm not you I don't have a problem with those that protect our communities.

Watch your mouth. No boy, the thugs, people who steal and kill are the criminals. The cops protect My quiet and peaceful community. I thank them for their service.

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
You are a bitter bastard forget your personal bad experiences. I'm not you I don't have a problem with those that protect our communities.

Watch your mouth. No boy, the thugs, people who steal and kill are the criminals. The cops protect My quiet and peaceful community. I thank them for their service.

fuck you black devil. you know what your people are going through but because it aint your black on the outside white on the inside ass it dont exist. i pray someone shows you reality. preferably a redneck cop in front of your own dam family. then you cant duck reality.