Marvel And Fox Rumored To Be In Early Talks About Crossover

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

Could the Avengers and the X-Men actually share the screen one day in live action?

It's always seemed close to impossible, but now there's word that Marvel Studios and 20th Century Fox might be in "early talks" to bring some of Fox's licensed Marvel characters together with the most successful superhero franchise in the world.

"I've heard from a few of my sources, my little birds, that Fox and Marvel have kind of talked, but not really, but there's interest from Fox," Fatman on Batman podcast producer Matt Key told Collider in the video posted above. "We're years from that ever possibly happening, but I think that's what it would take, is Fox joining hands with Marvel" to bring the franchises together.

What he means, there, is that it's unlikely Fox is going to let those rights go anytime soon, so to make a crossover happen, they would likely have to partner with the "big brothers" at Marvel.

Fans have long wanted to see the X-Men and the Avengers together, but as they note in the video, it would be really complicated to put together, and if it happened it would likely take years. The fact that the original X-Men cast will be (presumably) all finished with the films at that point, meaning that we'd get no Hugh Jackman Wolverine or Patrick Stewart Professor X, might also be a source of disappointment for fans, but at a certain point there's only so much you can do.

In the comics, of course, the two teams share a universe -- although they're often fairly segregated. There have been numerous "official" crossover storylines, including the recent Avengers vs. X-Men, which resulted in big status quo changes for both teams and was a big financial hit. At the time, it was seen as the unofficial sequel to Civil War, with heroes fighting other heroes over philosophical differences, but now that Civil War II is actually on the stands, it's a little harder to make that argument.

http://comicbook.com/2016/06/26/marvel-and-fox-rumored-to-be-in-early-talks-about-crossover/