March 9th. Today marks 15 years since BIGGIE passed....

B-Witty

I am on point like a tattle tell................!
Registered
Often imitated, never duplicated......R.I.P Christopher Wallace

one of my all time favs.... so lyrical

"call my niggaz on da cell bring some weed i got a story 2 tell"

BCSD2012

Star
Registered
One of only 2 artist I didn't know anything about, that made me stop and ask who in the fuck is this when I first heard his music.

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
rip big. am i the only one not feeling most of his material? i was never a huge fan.

B-Witty

Registered
rip big. am i the only one not feeling most of his material? i was never a huge fan.

if u can't listen to "story to tell" and feel it my friend ?. diff strokes for diff folks. glad u said r.i.p at least u respect sumn bro

TheyCallMeBe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Talk about somebody that was born to be a rapper. Amazing voice, great delivery, the lyrics, creativity. His music gives me the same goosebumps now that it did 15-17 years ago. He was just that dude.

RIP BIG

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
I generally only like rappers like Canibus and Ras Kass...

...but Biggie was able to take a very basic style and make it great and entertaining.

TheyCallMeBe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I generally only like rappers like Canibus and Ras Kass...

...but Biggie was able to take a very basic style and make it great and entertaining.

At the end of the day it's all about the music. You have to make great songs. A true testament of lyricism doesn't end after the 16 bar verse. You have to make great hooks. When you can blend lyricism and make big records then you are truly gifted. Guys like Big, Pac, Nas, Jay, Kane, Chuck D, all made big records while still being lyrical. That's why they will forever be remembered and their music touched souls unlike Bis and Ras Kass.

H.A.N

Banned
yo could you imagine a duo album with him and jigga?:eek::yes:

That shit would be so crazy.

I know I would by 4 copies. I still play BKs' finest that classic sounds better than 95% of the shit out ie folks albums or mixtapes or what the hell their putting out. Outside of Ye, Jay, Big I don't deal with this trash out.

I'm gonna knock Sky's the Limit today all day.

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
At the end of the day it's all about the music. You have to make great songs. A true testament of lyricism doesn't end after the 16 bar verse. You have to make great hooks. When you can blend lyricism and make big records then you are truly gifted. Guys like Big, Pac, Nas, Jay, Kane, Chuck D, all made big records while still being lyrical. That's why they will forever be remembered and their music touched souls unlike Bis and Ras Kass.

I don't relate well to a lot of hip hop. This is why I tend to appreciate the skill of a rapper more so than the actual content.

Now, Tupac actually made me connect with him on a few songs. Outside of that, I can't relate to most of the experiences that these guys have had or are speaking about. I've never sold drugs; I've never shot someone, been shot, or even been shot at; I didn't grow up in the ghetto; I've never been set-up by a woman; no children, so no baby-mama drama...

...I could go on and on - so there isn't much for me to relate to. I can relate to Canibus, because I imagine, like myself, he was the oddball and/or nerd that no one paid much attention to in school. His subject is that of someone who has spent an excessive amount of time in his head, just like myself.

Tyrone9912

Support BGOL
Registered
Every year on my birthday, I have to think about my nigga dying. Plus I have to say that I'm that old, I was in high school when this happened

B-Witty

Registered
Every year on my birthday, I have to think about my nigga dying. Plus I have to say that I'm that old, I was in high school when this happened

happy b day my brother.... God Bless

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I get mad every time I think about the stupidity that lead to the deaths of both Pac and Biggie. :smh:

Is it even worth remembering their deaths? :smh:

Onpoint

Rising Star
Registered
Funny how cats hate on Big but he's one of the only artist in the Rap Game that was considered top 5 after 1 or 2 albums! Imagine if he put out 5? RIP to a HIP HOP TITAN!

Last edited:

AquaMarine

Star
Registered
If u don't know now u know R.I.P. BIGGIE

No dought RIP B.I.G. The Infamous Black Frank White

I get mad every time I think about the stupidity that lead to the deaths of both Pac and Biggie. :smh:
Is it even worth remembering their deaths? :smh:

Yes, All life is important!! Take life like a treasure.

Often imitated, never duplicated......R.I.P Christopher Wallace

:cool:No Dought

thenotoriousbig.jpeg

images

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
R.I.P to one of the greats...Big had dudes running into the studio trying to outdo his songs. :yes: Rappers don't do that now. Now it's all about the beats, fuck how nice a rapper is.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Funny how cats hate on Big but he's one of the only artist in the Rap Game that was considered top 5 after 1 or 2 albums! Imagine if he put out 5? RIP to a HIP HOP TITAN!

shows how much you know about hiphop.

It's actually HARDER to remain in the top 5 if you LIVE long enough to make several albums.

Plenty of people are called top 5 when they come in, they just outlive that potential.

Early on, the top 5 lists were made up people who didn't even get to make albums.