Man Arrested For Paying Fees At Best Buy With A $2 Dollar Bill

Swizz Heat

The I'm not amused MOD
BGOL Investor
Oh hell yeah, he gonna be gettin' some money. Here is the list of people on his "sue your ass" list:

- Best Buy Corp.
- Best Buy Store Manager
- Cockeysville PD
- The cashier

Yep, the cashier. I swear I think these stores today be hiring young stupid cashiers. I hate going up to a young cashier today, I be trying to find older cashiers when its checkout time. I think the cashier should have called the manager or let the customer wait on the side until the manager came and not have given him attitude, "She don't have to accept them if she don't want to." A $2 bill, half dollar coin, and $1 coin are still legal tender in the US and should be accepted by the cashier.

RiverCity

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
one time an arab cashier refuses to sell my buddy a .25 cent item cuz he had all pennies. cashier called the police and they told him next time the cashier would get arrested for wasting thier time.

P.V. Estates

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Leroy Soup Nutz said:
Just cause someone sues does not mean they will win...he has NO case against Best Buy for calling the police or the police for detaining him...the only "case" he may have is the issue of them possibly reneging on hooking up the car stereo for free...as silly as it may sound they did follow standard procedure for that situation...did they have to go there...no...but they were in their legal rights to do so...I had a shop and all transactions were cash...I tested $1s, $5s, $10s, $20s, $50s, $100s...if someone came up to me with 57 $2 bills you damn right I would test them all cause that is not usual to see I don't care how reasonable his excuse was...and if the ink changed color or in this case smeared it would have been an issue...he wanted to make trouble and he did...the cashier was in her right to call the police...the police justified it by arresting him upon noticing the smeared bill...he has no case against Best Buy except for the issue of the cost of installing the car stereo...and he can't even complain about that because he broke down and made an agreement to pay them when he showed up with 57 $2 bills... I have not seen 57 $2 bills altogether in my lifetime...if I saw someone trying to pass them off to me all at once of course red flags would go up...

I think it's a pretty fucked up situation... i hope u wouldn't call the authorities on me for spending my money at your shop for showing up with my choice of cash :(
IMAGE_00198.jpg

IMAGE_00200.jpg
IMAGE_00195.jpg

IMAGE_00199.jpg
[/IMG]

Steelwill2006

I Still Tell Alot Of Lies *****
Registered
P.V. Estates said:
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I think it's a pretty fucked up situation... i hope u wouldn't call the authorities on me for spending my money at your shop for showing up with my choice of cash :(
IMAGE_00198.jpg

IMAGE_00200.jpg
IMAGE_00195.jpg

IMAGE_00199.jpg
[/IMG]

Niggah, a stack of $2 bills is still a still a stack of $2 bills, which you do not have. At the most, that is probably $324.
Nobody on this board cares about you chump change.
:hmm:

I stopped shopping a best buy. They have some sorry store policies.
If you make a purchase for more that $100. You can't get an immediate refund if you bring an item back. They hold your money for 18 days then mail you a check. During that 18 days they make interest off of your money.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
@ PV Estates...I would by no means turn you done...at the time I took everything from cash to coins...all I am saying is in a case like that being that as far as I know $2 bills are "rare" I would have checked all of them...not because I don't think $2 bills are legitimate but because I wouldn't have thought it was common for someone to have so many and be so ready to part with them because I thought they were "rare"...this situation and your pictures shows otherwise...I still say the girl was not wrong for marking the bills...the problem came when one of them smeared...how did you amass all those $2 bills btw...

*edit*

If you suspect someone of using counterfeit money you have the right to call the police on the spot...I can't speak for the girl...I don't think she doubted the legitimacy of a $2 bill but that someone would be spending so many legitimate $2 bills...I would have done the same if someone had came to me with 57 $1s...counted each one and marked it...and if one smeared or the ink changed color it would have been an issue...

Last edited:

Mo Pizorn

Star
Registered
Oh he's already laid out his case in the interview. Mental stress and anguish. Emotional distress. By him pointing out that he was humiliated in a community where he's lived 18 years - you can best bet he's going for the big bucks on their asses. Poor police proceedure and pure ignorance is going to work in his favor if he should decide to sue.
You kow you're dealing with some dumb muthafuckas if they haven't seen a $2 bill. The cashier will probably be fired long before the trial if he sues.

P.V. Estates

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Leroy Soup Nutz said:
@ PV Estates...I would by no means turn you done...at the time I took everything from cash to coins...all I am saying is in a case like that being that as far as I know $2 bills are "rare" I would have checked all of them...not because I don't think $2 bills are legitimate but because I wouldn't have thought it was common for someone to have so many and be so ready to part with them because I thought they were "rare"...this situation and your pictures shows otherwise...I still say the girl was not wrong for marking the bills...the problem came when one of them smeared...how did you amass all those $2 bills btw...

*edit*

If you suspect someone of using counterfeit money you have the right to call the police on the spot...I can't speak for the girl...I don't think she doubted the legitimacy of a $2 bill but that someone would be spending so many legitimate $2 bills...I would have done the same if someone had came to me with 57 $1s...counted each one and marked it...and if one smeared or the ink changed color it would have been an issue...

I own a few businesses and $2 bills come through from time to time. i actually use these bills to lure customers into buying things, you may be surprised as to how people will buy things just for a $2 bill in return. Some people actually think these bills bring luck, well if business is luck they have brought luck to me :yes:

@ J Storm: I really don't know what that red bill is. i've seen them before but i just assumed it was a newer version of the bill and from searching the net it appears that i am right

@ SteelWill2006: :lol: you've got to be kidding me :lol: I thought i was responding to Leroy :smh: I thought i was showing him 57 $2 bills isn't all that rare.He seems to understand the point without offense. And that was only a small portion of the bills that i do have. I'm all grown up i never need to flaunt material shit on the internet. Got nothing to prove

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
Oh yeah, his phone is ringing OFF the hook from the lawyers & Best Buy trying to settle out of court.

dahype1x

Star
BGOL Investor
Thatz a fucked up situation........I'ma go to Best Buy and start buying shit wit 2 dollar billz.......maybe I can get the same lawsuit money this manz about 2 get :D

memphis10

Potential Star
Registered
The big bills like 100,000 were used between banks only.
I'm surprised the dumb as cashier could count.

memphis10

Potential Star
Registered
The big bills like 100,000 were used between banks only.
I'm surprised the dumb as cashier could count.
dumbing down of usa continues.
Give them a Silver certificate bill and really fugg em up.

Yogi Bear

Star
OG Investor
Baltimore County has to be the dumbest and most racist police force in the country. P.G. is racist but they are not nearly as dumb.

He will be able to wipe his ass with 2 dollar bills soon.