Lucid Sapphire

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks like Lucid might not be around in a year or two. The pandemic millionaire and ballers are falling off hard so this $100K+ product is not selling well on top of being an electric vehicle. EV prices are taking a major dive right now and if your in the markets it’s a good time to buy.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Looks like Lucid might not be around in a year or two. The pandemic millionaire and ballers are falling off hard so this $100K+ product is not selling well on top of being an electric vehicle. EV prices are taking a major dive right now and if your in the markets it’s a good time to buy.

I was in LA, they have a Lucid dealership in the Westfield mall in century city, I actually kicked around the idea of purchasing one. They were pre order only and they had not even hit the market at the time. They are bar far a way nice car than the Tesla and probably one of, if not the nicest EV sedan on the market. If they can get that price down or at least make a mid range priced model they should be fine.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was in LA, they have a Lucid dealership in the Westfield mall in century city, I actually kicked around the idea of purchasing one. They were pre order only and they had not even hit the market at the time. They are bar far a way nice car than the Tesla and probably one of, if not the nicest EV sedan on the market. If they can get that price down or at least make a mid range priced model they should be fine.
They are definitely nicer as they should be for what they are asking, but they cut the price on them twice already. By like 10% which is crazy when you understand profit margins on cars. The cheapest version is $71400. They got some crazy lease deals right now starting at $649 a month. I mean a $40K car financed at 8% apr for 60 months is $800 $765 a month with the same $3149 down payment for the lease. That’s wild!

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
The stock is like 2 bucks

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The stock is like 2 bucks

As long as the Dubai Princes can still use it as a tax shelter......or possibly a "washing" operation.....it'll still stay a float

I will say this $250K for a Tesla killer when T has done little to really invigorate their lineup in 10 years is wild. The Type S Plaid is now starting sub $82K, it used to start above $100k.

So to have moderate range increases, slightly faster 0-60 times and a +5 mph top speed.....
Is a tall order to ask for an additional $140K (a fully loaded Plaid with racing brakes and self driving is about $110K)

Last edited:

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@Hey Julian! @RoomService

We've already discussed the truly fucked up corporate structure of this company and it's blatantly false production estimates it has stated in the past......

They have to sell these Sapphires to keep the company going.

They have a budget Air model (Pure) which starts around $70K, the Touring starts around $89K and the Grand Touring is also available around $115K.

They have a 3 row SUV (Gravity) slated to be available in "late" 2024.....estimates have a starting price in the $80-90K range