Looking 4 Los Angeles

T

tennblack

Which LA team will make it to the second round?
Lakers or Clippers

TrojansFan

Potential Star
Registered
This is easy...

The Lakers! (if either does)

Although, the Clippers would probably win a head-to-head serires with the Lakers...

The Clippers are locked into the 5th seed and will have to play either the Spurs or Mavericks... They can't win a 7 game series against either one!

If the Lakers finish in the 7th seed where they are now and have to face Phoenix, neither L.A. makes it to the second round.

However, the Lakers have a good chance at either moving up to the 6th seed or falling to the 8th... the Lakers will definitely beat Denver in a 7 game series and I even like their chances against the Mavs. If Spurs move up to 1 seed, and Lakers remain 8, once again they probably don't see 2nd round.

So I give the Lakers 50/50 to make the second round based on the matchup, and considering the Clippers two possible opponents I give the 1%.

(I am a Lakers fan, but I believe this is a pretty honest assessment of the situation.)

T

tennblack

TrojansFan said:
This is easy...

The Lakers! (if either does)

Although, the Clippers would probably win a head-to-head serires with the Lakers...

The Clippers are locked into the 5th seed and will have to play either the Spurs or Mavericks... They can't win a 7 game series against either one!

If the Lakers finish in the 7th seed where they are now and have to face Phoenix, neither L.A. makes it to the second round.

However, the Lakers have a good chance at either moving up to the 6th seed or falling to the 8th... the Lakers will definitely beat Denver in a 7 game series and I even like their chances against the Mavs. If Spurs move up to 1 seed, and Lakers remain 8, once again they probably don't see 2nd round.

So I give the Lakers 50/50 to make the second round based on the matchup, and considering the Clippers two possible opponents I give the 1%.

(I am a Lakers fan, but I believe this is a pretty honest assessment of the situation.)
I 2 c the Lakers in 8th place,and facing the Spurs would be a problem.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Im a laker fan, and the only way i think they can get to the second round is if they play dallas or denver. They have no chance of beating the spurs or phoenix. At least i dont think so, but anything can happen. When playoff time comes, no team will really be dominant in the west. There are some bottom teams that can beat some top teams. At this point, Sac is in and they can beat denver and dallas. The lakers can beat denver and dallas. And with the way the playoffs are structured, the #1 seed will play the 2nd seed in the second round. So one of the favorites will be out in the second round giving one of the bottom teams a chance to play in the WCF. Unless they change it around. But i think both teams can get to the second round, depending on who they play, but both teams will not be able to beat the Spurs or Suns. But, if Amare doesnt come back, the Suns are vulnerable. Playoffs are different from regular season.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
playoffs predictions?

tough picks, because there's still ALOT of jockeying for position to be done down the stretch in the bottom of the dung heap known as the western conference... with 18-20 games left, there's NO lock on 6/7/8. on top of that, dallas and san antonio are currently tied in the standings so there's NO lock on who's going to be 1/2.

with TD's planar fascitis (sp?), san antonio doesn't have a LOCK on advancing either...

the eurotah jazz, the nok hornets are both still chasing the sacramento kings, who now own the 8th seed...

the kings trail the fakers by half a game, and that's NOT a safe lead, when you consider that the fakers are going to play some of their upcoming games without starting C chris mihm...

IF elton brand stays healthy and corey maggette completes his 'comeback' to earn starter's minutes, i can see the clippers advancing to the 2nd round...

i'm not sold on the fakers making the playoffs, so i can't see them making the 2nd round...

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Cranrab said:
the eurotah jazz

They were dead in the water until Boozer came back
and Sloan FINALLY put Deron Williams back in the rotation

Now they look alot more competitive

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
tennblack said:
Which LA team will make it to the second round?
Lakers or Clippers

Since the playoffs havent started yet and the seeding isnt set I'll hold off on commenting on this until April but I doubt both of these teams make it to the playoffs with Sac on the come up and Carlos Boozer back in Utah. Once Sloan fixes his rotation then they will move up to atleast the 8th seed.

Anyone find it funny how Jazz owner Larry Miller said he might need to overhaul his roster because the team needs some better players. He must not have noticed all that euro trash and all those white boys he has out on the court. Yeah, you really are going to win the championship with that type of garbage on your roster. :rolleyes:

TrojansFan

Potential Star
Registered
Re: playoffs predictions?

cranrab said:
tough picks, because there's still ALOT of jockeying for position to be done down the stretch in the bottom of the dung heap known as the western conference... with 18-20 games left, there's NO lock on 6/7/8. on top of that, dallas and san antonio are currently tied in the standings so there's NO lock on who's going to be 1/2.

with TD's planar fascitis (sp?), san antonio doesn't have a LOCK on advancing either...

the eurotah jazz, the nok hornets are both still chasing the sacramento kings, who now own the 8th seed...

the kings trail the fakers by half a game, and that's NOT a safe lead, when you consider that the fakers are going to play some of their upcoming games without starting C chris mihm...

IF elton brand stays healthy and corey maggette completes his 'comeback' to earn starter's minutes, i can see the clippers advancing to the 2nd round...

i'm not sold on the fakers making the playoffs, so i can't see them making the 2nd round...

Couple questions for you cranrab...

First, If the Western Conference is dung heap... what the hell is the sorry ass Eastern Confernce? and is there another Confernce out there that you believe is good?

Second, You say you see the Clippers advancing to the second round. The Clippers have the 5th seed (and can't move up to fourth and likely won't move down to 6th) which matches them up most likely with San Antonio (or possibly Dallas). Are you honestly saying that you see the Clippers beating the Spurs in a 7 game series??? Because that's what you are saying if you see them advancing to the 2nd round... please clarify!

Lastly, you are not sold on the Lakers making the playoffs? Please clarify which team you believe will pass them in the standings to keep them out so I can laugh at you when it doesn't happen. Hornets? :lol: Jazz? :lol: or the Rockets? :lol:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor

TrojansFan said:
Couple questions for you cranrab...

First, If the Western Conference is dung heap... what the hell is the sorry ass Eastern Confernce? and is there another Confernce out there that you believe is good?

look at the 8 eastern teams that would qualify for the playoffs if they started today... now look at the 8 western teams that would qualify for the playoffs if they started today... are you HONESTLY trying to suggest that the west is putting superior teams into the playoffs? HONESTLY?

TrojansFan said:
Second, You say you see the Clippers advancing to the second round.

YES. if elton brand stays healthy, and corey magette returns with starter's minutes.

TrojansFan said:
The Clippers have the 5th seed (and can't move up to fourth and likely won't move down to 6th)

why do people keep repeating this assumption? with 18 games left to play, and only 2.5 games separating the clippers and grizzlies, that's certainly not a conclusion set in stone. the clippers have 10 road games left on the schedule, and TWO of those are in the grizzlies' house. ALOT of movement can still happen for these 2 clubs, especially when you consider that the grizzlies only have 7 remaining road games, and MANY of their games are against SUB .500 teams from the worstern conference.

TrojansFan said:
which matches them up most likely with San Antonio (or possibly Dallas). Are you honestly saying that you see the Clippers beating the Spurs in a 7 game series??? Because that's what you are saying if you see them advancing to the 2nd round... please clarify!

IF the clippers end up facing the spurs in the 1st round, of course i'd make the clippers the underdog... that said, the clippers CAN beat the spurs, especially if TD's planar fascitis continues to bother him...

IF the clippers end up facing the mavericks (a possibility which you inexplicably seem to strongly discount), i believe the clippers can handle them... but why not wait and see what happens in april? the mavericks and the clipper face each other two more times in the final week of the season.

TrojansFan said:
Lastly, you are not sold on the Lakers making the playoffs? Please clarify which team you believe will pass them in the standings to keep them out so I can laugh at you when it doesn't happen. Hornets? :lol: Jazz? :lol: or the Rockets? :lol:

the hornets have 10 more road games on their schedule, but they have significant games left to play, with 2 left against the fakers and 2 left against the jazz...

the eurotah jazz are beginning to fade and i say good riddance... on top of that, they have a handful of games left against playoff contenders, so it's doubtful that they'll pick up any easy wins along the way...

but why are you so confident that the fakers will HOLD THEIR POSITION? you may not feel confident that other teams (such as the hornets) can win enough games to OVERTAKE the fakers, but why are you confident that the fakers will not lose enough games to fall out of contention on their own?

march 26th and april 19th could turn out to be very important dates for the fakers...

T

tennblack

cranrab said:
look at the 8 eastern teams that would qualify for the playoffs if they started today... now look at the 8 western teams that would qualify for the playoffs if they started today... are you HONESTLY trying to suggest that the west is putting superior teams into the playoffs? HONESTLY?

YES. if elton brand stays healthy, and corey magette returns with starter's minutes.

why do people keep repeating this assumption? with 18 games left to play, and only 2.5 games separating the clippers and grizzlies, that's certainly not a conclusion set in stone. the clippers have 10 road games left on the schedule, and TWO of those are in the grizzlies' house. ALOT of movement can still happen for these 2 clubs, especially when you consider that the grizzlies only have 7 remaining road games, and MANY of their games are against SUB .500 teams from the worstern conference.

IF the clippers end up facing the spurs in the 1st round, of course i'd make the clippers the underdog... that said, the clippers CAN beat the spurs, especially if TD's planar fascitis continues to bother him...

IF the clippers end up facing the mavericks (a possibility which you inexplicably seem to strongly discount), i believe the clippers can handle them... but why not wait and see what happens in april? the mavericks and the clipper face each other two more times in the final week of the season.

the hornets have 10 more road games on their schedule, but they have significant games left to play, with 2 left against the fakers and 2 left against the jazz...

the eurotah jazz are beginning to fade and i say good riddance... on top of that, they have a handful of games left against playoff contenders, so it's doubtful that they'll pick up any easy wins along the way...

but why are you so confident that the fakers will HOLD THEIR POSITION? you may not feel confident that other teams (such as the hornets) can win enough games to OVERTAKE the fakers, but why are you confident that the fakers will not lose enough games to fall out of contention on their own?

march 26th and april 19th could turn out to be very important dates for the fakers...

Please lets not talk about the fazz (fakers). Who has never won a NBA Championship! :lol: