Live action Mulan now on Disney Plus 9/4/2020 for 30 bucks.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
ain't nobody trying to pay to see new mutants.. New mutants is something you throw on Netflix for free during a tropical storm.. You see all the rain outside and be like look at this disaster now let me watch a disaster on tv ..clicks on new mutants

I think there is a cult following and a audience there and the trailer has been getting VERY good buzz.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
By the way if you look at my predictions I said Disney was gonna eventually throw mulan on Disney plus a few months ago.. I even said possibly at a price.. Another prediction I was correct on.. Niggardamaus keeps winning

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
To all the people talking about no more blockbusters or talking about no more big budget flicks... A movie doesn't need a huge budget in order to be good... Dead presidents, raid redemption, saw, district 9, city of god, elite squad are just some of the various flicks that weren't expensive to make that were good.. Give me more of those flicks instead of save martha

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
To all the people talking about no more blockbusters or talking about no more big budget flicks... A movie doesn't need a huge budget in order to be good... Dead presidents, raid redemption, saw, district 9, city of god, elite squad are just some of the various flicks that weren't expensive to make that were good.. Give me more of those flicks instead of save martha
Thank you! Studios will figure it out. This is business. Too much money on the line.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Thank you! Studios will figure it out. This is business. Too much money on the line.
Anybody think otherwise is naive.. If you shutdown all brick and mortar bizz do they think there will be no more eateries? Nope people will just start having food trucks, pulling out grills and cooking, street vending,etc.. There's always options/alternatives and when scenarios come up people will adjust and adapt with the change... What's happening right now and possibly the future is the adjustment of how entertainment will be delivered and recieved

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
Most of that big budget is Actors pay and over priced CGI

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
You did say that gotta give that to you, I looked it up to see that Disney+ pretty much means they'll give up the American box office as well as Australia, NZ and multiple EU markets but no way they give up the Chinese market. This will be out in all 76,000 theatres in China which is the #1 box office market. But yeah, depending on how many buys this get, I can see this being the business model going forward for them, release Black Widow, Jungle Cruise for Disney+ buy price in US, Aus, NZ, EU markets and do the box office for China, Japan, South Korea

By the way if you look at my predictions I said Disney was gonna eventually throw mulan on Disney plus a few months ago.. I even said possibly at a price.. Another prediction I was correct on.. Niggardamaus keeps winning

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Umm we spend that much to see one movie

now we’re savin on treats, my wife always want some shit

no I can drank beer and pause that shit to piss

Time spent drivin, Parkin and waitin.

I will miss the previews tho

I’ve been waitin for this

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor

tenor.gif

Gas and parking $10
Movie ticket(1) $9 matinee ($18 a month Movie Pass) IMAX $20
Snacks(1) $15 to $20

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

It doesn't need a big budget, but there's a big difference in seeing shit like Inception and Avengers Endgame than a smaller budget movie.

And you're talking about what you would rather see. These animated and comic book movies are making billions worldwide. City of God isn't.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It doesn't need a big budget, but there's a big difference in seeing shit like Inception and Avengers Endgame than a smaller budget movie.

And you're talking about what you would rather see. These animated and comic book movies are making billions worldwide. City of God isn't.
raid redemption probably 1 of the best action movies this millennium... There's various comic book movies that could copy that style of movie and it be a hit... Hell raid redemption was better than more than 80 percent of marvel and dc films.. Difference is marvel wasn't stamped on it ... Hell that wack as joker movie made a billion and that shit was a b rated Netflix at best..only reason why it made so much money cause the "joker" name... Switch titles and switch actors and nobody goes see that crap.. That wasn't a big budget blockbuster yet it made a billion... City of god didn't get released in mad theatres around the world.. Just like raid redemption had a extremely small theatre release

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

tenor.gif

Gas and parking $10
Movie ticket(1) $9 matinee ($18 a month Movie Pass) IMAX $20
Snacks(1) $15 to $20

Wow

I am surprised so many of y'all cool with this whole idea along with the price point.

Very surprised

I am very curious how the public is going to respond to this

I don't think this is going to work

And if this is a moderate success and becomes the norm?

I don't think y'all really gonna be happy

Cause to me all these streaming services are now WORSE than cable was

Now you gonna add tiers within the app too?

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Wow

I am surprised so many of y'all cool with this whole idea along with the price point.

Very surprised

I am very curious how the public is going to respond to this

I don't think this is going to work

And if this is a moderate success and becomes the norm?

I don't think y'all really gonna be happy

Cause to me all these streaming services are now WORSE than cable was

Now you gonna add tiers within the app too?
Fuck you mean we just put the cost out

I don’t have to buy food there

I don’t have to drive there

no stupid lines for food or the pisser

no fuckin cellphone lights, no fuckin talkin, no fuckin lame ass parents who can’t afford a sitter

no stupid ass kids or dumb fuckin teens

I can pause and rewind when I feel

I can piss in my own bathroom

and I don’t care bout free downloads

my check is free, I don’t do shit at work, job is so fuckin easy

wife makes way more than I do nd she don’t mind payin

fuck is so hard to understand

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
raid redemption probably 1 of the best action movies this millennium... There's various comic book movies that could copy that style of movie and it be a hit... Hell raid redemption was better than more than 80 percent of marvel and dc films.. Difference is marvel wasn't stamped on it ... Hell that wack as joker movie made a billion and that shit was a b rated Netflix at best..only reason why it made so much money cause the "joker" name... Switch titles and switch actors and nobody goes see that crap.. That wasn't a big budget blockbuster yet it made a billion... City of god didn't get released in mad theatres around the world.. Just like raid redemption had a extremely small theatre release

I'm not talking about quality of movies, I'm talking about how much money movies bring in.

It's a business who's goal is to make money, make as much as it can. The studios want to generate money not win Academy Awards.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Fuck you mean we just put the cost out

I don’t have to buy food there

I don’t have to drive there

no stupid lines for food or the pisser

no fuckin cellphone lights, no fuckin talkin, no fuckin lame ass parents who can’t afford a sitter

no stupid ass kids or dumb fuckin teens

I can pause and rewind when I feel

I can piss in my own bathroom

and I don’t care bout free downloads

my check is free, I don’t do shit at work, job is so fuckin easy

wife makes way more than I do nd she don’t mind payin

fuck is so hard to understand

First off

RELAX :lol:

I completely understand the expense of course as parents that is and been obscene

I BEEN PAYING and i don't even get invited

But we still pay it.

I'm surprised so many are cool with it.

Really cool with it too.

I thought and apparently many in the industry thought that specific number would be seen as high

ESPECIALLY when money is so tight for so MANY

and for a 24 hour rental.

Especially for those with bgol cinema lifetime passes.

And if many think of the economics like you broke it down?

Disney is genius and COMPLETELY flipped the game and i mean a flip that could send shockwaves.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
First off

RELAX :lol:

I completely understand the expense of course as parents that is and been obscene

I BEEN PAYING and i don't even get invited

But we still pay it.

I'm surprised so many are cool with it.

Really cool with it too.

I thought and apparently many in the industry thought that specific number would be seen as high

ESPECIALLY when money is so tight for so MANY

and for a 24 hour rental.

Especially for those with bgol cinema lifetime passes.

And if many think of the economics like you broke it down?

Disney is genius and COMPLETELY flipped the game and i mean a flip that could send shockwaves.
I’m relaxed nigga

I been waitin

I hate bein round people

but baseball I tolerate it

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
I was planning on going to the theatre to see Mulan since I've always been an avid movie goer but I wouldn't pay $30 to buy it since I don't have a nice home theatre, I will end up watching this b/c i know my girl will buy it and she's the 1 that pays for Disney+ sub while I'm just 1 of her 4 profiles on the acct so it'll end up being free for me. I'm really curious to see how many buys they get at this $30 price point essentially a double paywell counting Disney+ sub

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'm not talking about quality of movies, I'm talking about how much money movies bring in.

It's a business who's goal is to make money, make as much as it can. The studios want to generate money not win Academy Awards.
I've already discussed this for yrs.. Movies like saw cost 1 mill and generated 60-70 mill, the purge 3 mill and brought in like 89 million.. The flip for cheap movies that made profit was insane.. So what would you rather do spend 200 mill to get a billion or make 40 movies for 200 million and make 2.8 billion?... There was a lot of low budget flicks that made better flips than huge blockbusters.. A quite place, etc... If you make a quality film people will come.. It's all about the flip... If you change the name raid redemption to the punisher or captain America it's a 9 figure generated movie.. The execution was there the Disney stamp wasnt

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I've already discussed this for yrs.. Movies like saw cost 1 mill and generated 60-70 mill, the purge 3 mill and brought in like 89 million.. The flip for cheap movies that made profit was insane.. So what would you rather do spend 200 mill to get a billion or make 40 movies for 200 million and make 2.8 billion?... There was a lot of low budget flicks that made better flips than huge blockbusters.. A quite place, etc... If you make a quality film people will come.. It's all about the flip... If you change the name raid redemption to the punisher or captain America it's a 9 figure generated movie.. The execution was there the Disney stamp wasnt

Do you actually go to the movies?

60 or 70 million is not a billion dollars with millions more in merchandise sales and licensing deals

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah thats the real money printing machine behind Disney, not only are the MCU, Star Wars, Disney live action re-makes doing billion dollars in the box office but we're talking about literally billions more earned through those hot toys, plush toys, t shirts, theme park attractions extra content to draw more subs to Disney+ etc. The Disney machine is just mindblowing

60 or 70 million is not a billion dollars with millions more in merchandise sales and licensing deals

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Didn't you argue with me in another thread when I said mulan was going to be on Disney plus and paid streaming.. When it was all said and done I was right.. Disney and other Hollywood studios juss don't release comic book movies and cartoons.. There are other big budget projects that don't get all those other perks like merchandise sales.. The argument was about ya acting like big budget flicks is the only thing that generate money or that you need a big budget needs to be used to create a good movie or a profitable 1.. Notice you keep avoiding my raid redemption response.. You put a Disney stamp on it and change the name and it would be a 9 -10 fig ma ker period... The budget to make it was nowhere close to any marvel movie yet it was better than 90 percent of their flicks.. If that shit was under the Disney umbrella it would made a killing.. Follow their blueprint.. Even that joker crap made money for such a shitty execution..as far as merchandise Amazon still delivering , video games still being made, so they still can sell merchandise

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Didn't you argue with me in another thread when I said mulan was going to be on Disney plus and paid streaming.. When it was all said and done I was right.. Disney and other Hollywood studios juss don't release comic book movies and cartoons.. There are other big budget projects that don't get all those other perks like merchandise sales.. The argument was about ya acting like big budget flicks is the only thing that generate money or that you need a big budget needs to be used to create a good movie or a profitable 1.. Notice you keep avoiding my raid redemption response.. You put a Disney stamp on it and change the name and it would be a 9 -10 fig ma ker period... The budget to make it was nowhere close to any marvel movie yet it was better than 90 percent of their flicks.. If that shit was under the Disney umbrella it would made a killing.. Follow their blueprint.. Even that joker crap made money for such a shitty execution..as far as merchandise Amazon still delivering , video games still being made, so they still can sell merchandise

No I didn't

and no you aren't right.

They're charging $30 after announcing they have so many subscribers after Hamilton, Beyonce and Mandolorian. Greyhound streamed for free. Normally they'll let you rent a movie for $20. This is $30. It's not the same. And it's an experiment with Disney of a movie that was questionable in the first place.

Do you think they're putting Spider Man on streaming? Do you think they're putting Tenet on streaming? Star Wars? Dune?

and you didn't answer my question, do you actually go to the movies?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
No I didn't

and no you aren't right.

They're charging $30 after announcing they have so many subscribers after Hamilton, Beyonce and Mandolorian. Greyhound streamed for free. Normally they'll let you rent a movie for $20. This is $30. It's not the same. And it's an experiment with Disney of a movie that was questionable in the first place.

Do you think they're putting Spider Man on streaming? Do you think they're putting Tenet on streaming? Star Wars? Dune?

and you didn't answer my question, do you actually go to the movies?
It's streaming for a price and it's on Disney plus which means yes I was right.. How is that not correct... As of now nobody go to the movies

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
I think depending on the buys this release gets in N. America, EU, Aus and NZ markets that they may see it being viable to replace the box office in these markets with these releases and just keep the box office markets of China, Japan, S. Korea. That's what i see them testing with this release

but its a little more complicated...

cause with EVERY successfully VOD like this?

the theaters die a little more.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend